could anyone recommend a good squad for anakin?

as a big fan of anakin
i would love to use him on the light squad
and vader on the dark squad

i plan to focus on pve first and then move on to pvp and i want the team to have only iconic chars
in this case how should i farm?

Replies

• I dont think I've ever seen an Anakin in pvp. He's hard to implement, if his aoe attack gave an attack buff without a kill he'd be great, but since it doesn't I really can't imagine him being that good.
  • I dont think I've ever seen an Anakin in pvp. He's hard to implement, if his aoe attack gave an attack buff without a kill he'd be great, but since it doesn't I really can't imagine him being that good.

how about pve tho?
    i cant imagine building up a team without him
    both as jedi and vader
  • idkdk wrote: »
    I dont think I've ever seen an Anakin in pvp. He's hard to implement, if his aoe attack gave an attack buff without a kill he'd be great, but since it doesn't I really can't imagine him being that good.

how about pve tho?
    i cant imagine building up a team without him
    both as jedi and vader

If you like anakin use him, his damage is decent and he has good speed, but besides the aoe damage not doing any buffs without kills it's hard to get stars for anakin. The reason people use sid, luminara etc is because it's easy to get 7 stars on her without spending a dime. If you're not willing to spend thousands of dollars on Anakin it's going to be hard to get stars on him without getting incredibly lucky.
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I guess a way to implement anakin is to use bobba or sid's leader ability, kitedown a character to 10-20% health and hope that anakin's ability crits and gives your whole team offense up. You would need to run an extra offense heavy team, an idea for a pvp anakin team would be
    Tie Pilot
    Leia
    Anakin
    Sid
    Vader

Vader+sid=potential 4 dots for vader and they have decent dps
    Leia/Tie Pilot are your real dps they hit like absolute trucks, both can be killed quite easy but if you get your damage off by the second round you can possibly take out 3 guys with decent health out in 2 turns. If they dont finish the kill anakin can swoop in with his aoe and get offense up, and if leia, tie pilot die you get a massive offense boost for anakin and turn meter. Instead of vader though I'd honestly go with a stun character like dooku, if dooku lands double stun, and you have tie pilot/leia/anakin cleaning up and giving leia+tie pilot offense up the next turn then it's pretty much over. Of course you can just use poggle right off the bat and not rely on anakin's aoe, but if you're a fan favorite of him and vader you should stick to him.
  • I would avoid using Tusken Raiders
  • I guess a way to implement anakin is to use bobba or sid's leader ability, kitedown a character to 10-20% health and hope that anakin's ability crits and gives your whole team offense up. You would need to run an extra offense heavy team, an idea for a pvp anakin team would be
    Tie Pilot
    Leia
    Anakin
    Sid
    Vader

Leia/Tie Pilot are your real dps they hit like absolute trucks, both can be killed quite easy but if you get your damage off by the second round you can possibly take out 3 guys with decent health out in 2 turns. If they dont finish the kill anakin can swoop in with his aoe and get offense up, and if leia, tie pilot die you get a massive offense boost for anakin and turn meter. Instead of vader though I'd honestly go with a stun character like dooku, if dooku lands double stun, and you have tie pilot/leia/anakin cleaning up and giving leia+tie pilot offense up the next turn then it's pretty much over. Of course you can just use poggle right off the bat and not rely on anakin's aoe, but if you're a fan favorite of him and vader you should stick to him.

woah. thumbsup for the specific advice.
    any chance i could be allies?
  • Toolio wrote: »
    I would avoid using Tusken Raiders

there a reason for that?
    I guess a way to implement anakin is to use bobba or sid's leader ability, kitedown a character to 10-20% health and hope that anakin's ability crits and gives your whole team offense up. You would need to run an extra offense heavy team, an idea for a pvp anakin team would be
    Tie Pilot
    Leia
    Anakin
    Sid
    Vader

Problem here is that Leia and Tie are both absolute glass cannons. They never even see the end of round 1 when I play them, and a LVL 5 Lum ot JC heal counters the 1 hit they might have landed. Sid is also not that tough. I went up against a Sid(lead) Tie, Leia, Luke, Vader team. They hit hard, but were dead before the second round ended and I had all 5 of my squad left. You could sub Anikian in there if you want, however they simply lack the HP to go up against a balanced team, Vader geared has strong HP, but no matter who it is, one guy gets destroyed by 5.

I ran with Sid(Lead) Vader, Lando, Lum, JC, Lum and JC Epic gear, the other 3 are 1 slot from it. All hit decent to hard, 2 heals, 2 self heals, 3 AOE's, 2 Crit enhancers.

Anikian I have borrowed at high levels. I'm not overly impressed by him. I like his smite some. If I were to build a team with him I'd do.

Sid (Lead)
    Vader
    JC
    Lum
    Anakain

Gives you some balance while hitting hard. My knock on Resistance trooper and Pilot and tie and Leia is that they can't hit hard when they are dead. When I face them, and when I've used them they never live long enough to do a whole lot, unless heals are burned early, which I love when the opposition does.
    Tie Pilot
    Leia
    Anakin
    Sid
    Vader

Problem here is that Leia and Tie are both absolute glass cannons. They never even see the end of round 1 when I play them, and a LVL 5 Lum ot JC heal counters the 1 hit they might have landed. Sid is also not that tough. I went up against a Sid(lead) Tie, Leia, Luke, Vader team. They hit hard, but were dead before the second round ended and I had all 5 of my squad left. You could sub Anikian in there if you want, however they simply lack the HP to go up against a balanced team, Vader geared has strong HP, but no matter who it is, one guy gets destroyed by 5.

I ran with Sid(Lead) Vader, Lando, Lum, JC, Lum and JC Epic gear, the other 3 are 1 slot from it. All hit decent to hard, 2 heals, 2 self heals, 3 AOE's, 2 Crit enhancers.

Anikian I have borrowed at high levels. I'm not overly impressed by him. I like his smite some. If I were to build a team with him I'd do.

Sid (Lead)
    Vader
    JC
    Lum
    Anakain

Gives you some balance while hitting hard. My knock on Resistance trooper and Pilot and tie and Leia is that they can't hit hard when they are dead. When I face them, and when I've used them they never live long enough to do a whole lot, unless heals are burned early, which I love when the opposition does.

appreciate it
    who would you replace JC with?
    i want to use iconic chars if i can
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    idkdk wrote: »
    Tie Pilot
    Leia
    Anakin
    Sid
    Vader

Sid (Lead)
    Vader
    JC
    Lum
    Anakain

appreciate it
    Tie Pilot
    Leia
    Anakin
    Sid
    Vader

Sid (Lead)
    Vader
    JC
    Lum
    Anakain

appreciate it

Don't listen to @DarthMasterShawn , he thinks savage opress is this great character, and running 3 jedis is always a no-no anyone that knows what he's talking about would never tell you to run 3 jedis, leia has stealth abilities and can survive R1 quite easily, and if you're running both those guys she'll definitely surive, I'd actually implement poe instead of maybe Vader or Dooku. Poe gets his taunt/expose off pretty fast, JC/Lum/Anakin team is awful. Sid/Vader/Anakin do not have enough dps to take down the opposing sid in one turn, and lum/anakin/jc are going to miss all day, and an opposing dooku has an extremely high chance of double stunning.

Also 2 heals on defense is awful, the only way 2 heals is viable is if you have barriss. You can easily manipulate the AI's heals with sid, they ignore healing immunity and try and heal the dying AI. So that team is just awful on defense. At most you should run 1 heal, and the only heal that's useful on defense is barriss since 99% of players use sid.
  • I guess you are trying to RP, but using a character because you are a "Big Fan" might be tough going, especially in the PVP aspect.

If your just having fun with it, go for it.

<-- not one to tell people how to play their game if it makes them happy.
    Tie Pilot
    Leia
    Anakin
    Sid
    Vader

Sid (Lead)
    Vader
    JC
    Lum
    Anakain

appreciate it
    Tie Pilot
    Leia
    Anakin
    Sid
    Vader

Sid (Lead)
    Vader
    JC
    Lum
    Anakain

appreciate it

Don't listen to @DarthMasterShawn , he thinks savage opress is this great character, and running 3 jedis is always a no-no anyone that knows what he's talking about would never tell you to run 3 jedis, leia has stealth abilities and can survive R1 quite easily, and if you're running both those guys she'll definitely surive, I'd actually implement poe instead of maybe Vader or Dooku. Poe gets his taunt/expose off pretty fast, JC/Lum/Anakin team is awful. Sid/Vader/Anakin do not have enough dps to take down the opposing sid in one turn, and lum/anakin/jc are going to miss all day, and an opposing dooku has an extremely high chance of double stunning.

Also 2 heals on defense is awful, the only way 2 heals is viable is if you have barriss. You can easily manipulate the AI's heals with sid, they ignore healing immunity and try and heal the dying AI. So that team is just awful on defense. At most you should run 1 heal, and the only heal that's useful on defense is barriss since 99% of players use sid.

Ewok still attacking me,lol. I'm top 20 on my server for most my time playing, so right don't listen to me.

Leia has not ever lasted out of round 1 when I played against her, Sid never out of round two Ewok.

Poe is weak and dies fast, gets expose on 1 or 2 of 5. I took Sid out with 2 hits Ewok, Sid on Sid than Vader Culling Blade, bye bye Sid. Perhaps you are too busy attacking members here on your what, third ID here, and not leveling your guys right.

Dooku is a PITA I do agree Ewok. Which is why I end him Lums first go typically with her force blast. After my Lando and Sid AOE's have hit her FB ends Dooku.

Barriss is so easy to beat. She is useless on D. Useless except on GW as a leader. How to beat Barriss. Kill everyone else then surround her. She hits so weakly even your low HP toons can withstand several of her shots. The AI rarely uses her Health Balance to it's fullest so she is not ideal. I ignore her in arena until actual threats are done then I T off on her.

I never said 3 Jedis is always a no-no. Opress is a great character. He crits with overpower at 3,500-5k at 5* gear 6 and overpower has not hit under 3k since 5*. His basic never under 1500, crits mid to upper 2k range. He has more health than pretty much every toon here. He is overlooked because he does no group heals, no buffs, he is simply a hard hitting tank, what Mace Windu should be on Light Side. Oh and which toon on Challenges takes longest to kill? Opress, which toon 1 hits your team to no health from full, Opress, granted you are limited on who you can oppose with, but typically fairly strong toons.

I don't see why everyone fears Sid so much. He is no trouble at all AI controlled. Player controlled he is a force, but AI Controlled he is not hard to deal with. I use Sid, love his leader and Synergy with Lando, Lum and Vader. JC is a decent add there for GW, but in Arena I prefer the power and survivibility of Opress at times.

The two heals I had on D today I did not drop a single spot in arena and I was at work 11 hours not battling. I left Sid with Lando, Lum, Vader and JC I went to work at 16 and, rewarded at 16, came home at 16, so I guess the 2 heals on defense neither being Barriss as Ewok said was not too aweful as they held my rank all day just fine.

End of the day you find what works for you. Ewok just has an issue with me over past disagreements here, he has issues with many, thus needing multiple ID's. Some of his advice is sound though.

Only way I use Leia is on a team Barriss lead to boost hp and other big hitters that rack up the damage with crits. Only way I find her Viable, though I only leveled her to 50 and 3* gear 5, maybe Ewok has her 4 or 5* epic geared.

Oh and to Ewok. Happy holidays buddy, no hard feelings.
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Tie Pilot
    Leia
    Anakin
    Sid
    Vader

Sid (Lead)
    Vader
    JC
    Lum
    Anakain

appreciate it
    Tie Pilot
    Leia
    Anakin
    Sid
    Vader

Sid (Lead)
    Vader
    JC
    Lum
    Anakain

appreciate it

Ewok still attacking me,lol. I'm top 20 on my server for most my time playing, so right don't listen to me.

Leia has not ever lasted out of round 1 when I played against her, Sid never out of round two Ewok.

Poe is weak and dies fast, gets expose on 1 or 2 of 5. I took Sid out with 2 hits Ewok, Sid on Sid than Vader Culling Blade, bye bye Sid. Perhaps you are too busy attacking members here on your what, third ID here, and not leveling your guys right.

Dooku is a PITA I do agree Ewok. Which is why I end him Lums first go typically with her force blast. After my Lando and Sid AOE's have hit her FB ends Dooku.

Barriss is so easy to beat. She is useless on D. Useless except on GW as a leader. How to beat Barriss. Kill everyone else then surround her. She hits so weakly even your low HP toons can withstand several of her shots. The AI rarely uses her Health Balance to it's fullest so she is not ideal. I ignore her in arena until actual threats are done then I T off on her.

I never said 3 Jedis is always a no-no. Opress is a great character. He crits with overpower at 3,500-5k at 5* gear 6 and overpower has not hit under 3k since 5*. His basic never under 1500, crits mid to upper 2k range. He has more health than pretty much every toon here. He is overlooked because he does no group heals, no buffs, he is simply a hard hitting tank, what Mace Windu should be on Light Side. Oh and which toon on Challenges takes longest to kill? Opress, which toon 1 hits your team to no health from full, Opress, granted you are limited on who you can oppose with, but typically fairly strong toons.

I don't see why everyone fears Sid so much. He is no trouble at all AI controlled. Player controlled he is a force, but AI Controlled he is not hard to deal with. I use Sid, love his leader and Synergy with Lando, Lum and Vader. JC is a decent add there for GW, but in Arena I prefer the power and survivibility of Opress at times.

The two heals I had on D today I did not drop a single spot in arena and I was at work 11 hours not battling. I left Sid with Lando, Lum, Vader and JC I went to work at 16 and, rewarded at 16, came home at 16, so I guess the 2 heals on defense neither being Barriss as Ewok said was not too aweful as they held my rank all day just fine.

End of the day you find what works for you. Ewok just has an issue with me over past disagreements here, he has issues with many, thus needing multiple ID's. Some of his advice is sound though.

Only way I use Leia is on a team Barriss lead to boost hp and other big hitters that rack up the damage with crits. Only way I find her Viable, though I only leveled her to 50 and 3* gear 5, maybe Ewok has her 4 or 5* epic geared.

Oh and to Ewok. Happy holidays buddy, no hard feelings.

You pay to win and you're happy that you're in the top 20 LOL, c'mon dude I never spent a dime on this game and I've never ranked below 30 by the end of the day. And this has NOTHING to do with past disagreements, the advice you gave is just awful man, seriously.

I never said you never said 3 jedis is a no-no. I'm saying 3 jedis is a no-no, and extremely dumb team to play especially with sith buffs, and the fact that the team you suggested would never be able to take sid out in one turn unless you hit with lumi and that's an extremely low chance.

And you clearly dont understand why I suggested poe. Poe exposes characters+gives a chance for leia and tie pilot to live another round. The team you suggested was really bad, 2 heals is always a no. Just because you held a spot doesn't mean you weren't attacked. On defense this team is far harder to deal with than 2heals which you can EASILY manipulate to heal instead of attacking with immunity. Poe exposes, leia and tie pilot have an extremely high chance of taking out 2 of your opponents in teh next 2 turns, and if they take out 2 of the dps, your opponent won't be able to compete.

Tie Pilot
    Leia
    Anakin
    Sid
    Vader

Sid (Lead)
    Vader
    JC
    Lum
    Anakain

appreciate it

Lando if you have him. I'd say Maul, but he is glass and only 1 healer he will die fast. Old Ben if you have him, Dooku. Mace, but he does not hit too hard shockingly. Big health, so so hit, Smite is helpful against those with Taunt like Poe, Chewie, and Han. Heck if you have Chewie toss him in. I'm not huge on him past like lvl 35, but he has use to draw fire, his self heal helps as well.

• When you say Poe is fast @returnoftheewok , how fast is he speed# wise or versus say dooku? The rest of the discussion seems to fall on that point but I haven't been able to gear him up yet or find stats.
  • Jeks wrote: »
    When you say Poe is fast @returnoftheewok , how fast is he speed# wise or versus say dooku? The rest of the discussion seems to fall on that point but I haven't been able to gear him up yet or find stats.

Dooku is faster, so if you get stunned by dooku your team synergy will get all messed up. But if he gets his expose off, he has enough health to survive at least 2 high dps and possibly 3, while getting of his expose.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    I guess you are trying to RP, but using a character because you are a "Big Fan" might be tough going, especially in the PVP aspect.

If your just having fun with it, go for it.

<-- not one to tell people how to play their game if it makes them happy.

lol ill try to keep that in mind
    thx
    Tie Pilot
    Leia
    Anakin
    Sid
    Vader

Sid (Lead)
    Vader
    JC
    Lum
    Anakain

appreciate it

Lando if you have him. I'd say Maul, but he is glass and only 1 healer he will die fast. Old Ben if you have him, Dooku. Mace, but he does not hit too hard shockingly. Big health, so so hit, Smite is helpful against those with Taunt like Poe, Chewie, and Han. Heck if you have Chewie toss him in. I'm not huge on him past like lvl 35, but he has use to draw fire, his self heal helps as well.

thx ill try that
  • You pay to win and you're happy that you're in the top 20 LOL, c'mon dude I never spent a dime on this game and I've never ranked below 30 by the end of the day. And this has NOTHING to do with past disagreements, the advice you gave is just awful man, seriously.

I never said you never said 3 jedis is a no-no. I'm saying 3 jedis is a no-no, and extremely dumb team to play especially with sith buffs, and the fact that the team you suggested would never be able to take sid out in one turn unless you hit with lumi and that's an extremely low chance.

And you clearly dont understand why I suggested poe. Poe exposes characters+gives a chance for leia and tie pilot to live another round. The team you suggested was really bad, 2 heals is always a no. Just because you held a spot doesn't mean you weren't attacked. On defense this team is far harder to deal with than 2heals which you can EASILY manipulate to heal instead of attacking with immunity. Poe exposes, leia and tie pilot have an extremely high chance of taking out 2 of your opponents in teh next 2 turns, and if they take out 2 of the dps, your opponent won't be able to compete.

Do you ever get tired of hating the pay-to-play (or win. whatever) population? Let it go. Aside from paying for the Dooku pack, I am a F2P player as well, but I am appreciative of the P2P players since they are the ones who are paying the bill. As Vampire X said it once in his past post, you should be proud of your achievement as a F2P player, but not hate the P2P players. You have some great insights to offer, but it is your continued hatred (or at least the tonality) towards P2P players that gets your views de-valued/ignored/banned.

As for team composition, there is no right answer. Every people has their own way to success. No need to discount other people's strategy. Just share what works for you and let others make their own decision. :)