is anyone else demotivated this conquest?

Prev13456
I've been cheerfully getting the red box since about conquest three, excepting one cycle I took off to focus on getting Executor, but man I'm struggling for motivation thus far.

I mean why put in two weeks of constant work only to be told that I can't play with my new toy because I don't have the character gated behind relics and an event that isn't permanent unlike say RC.

Anyone else just not feel any urgency to get this ship when I can't use it till probably next June?

Replies

• This Conquest is demotivating because the disks suck compared to past offerings.
  • datacron
  • Antario wrote: »
    datacron

Datacrons demotivated lots of people on lots of things.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    This Conquest is demotivating because the disks suck compared to past offerings.

Disagree.

I stopped using the VA/AA combo a while ago anyway, I'll happily take the return of Entrenched instead.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    This Conquest is demotivating because the disks suck compared to past offerings.

Disagree.

I stopped using the VA/AA combo a while ago anyway, I'll happily take the return of Entrenched instead.

Entrenched is much weaker than VA-AA.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    TVF wrote: »

Disagree.

I am getting use out of Entrenched, unlike VA/AA. Shrug.

Disagree.

“Weak” is situational.

Entrenched gives out Protection-up buff. And it stacks. Equip three Entrenched discs, that’s 30% extra TM for your imps, enough to outrun some teams even in sector 4 and 5.

Disagree.

“Weak” is situational.

Entrenched gives out Protection-up buff. And it stacks. Equip three Entrenched discs, that’s 30% extra TM for your imps, enough to outrun some teams even in sector 4 and 5.

That’s why i outrun teams ! Thanks, was happy to but couldn’t understand why.
  • Conquest is my favorite so I am having fun
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • m1azar wrote: »
    I've been cheerfully getting the red box since about conquest three, excepting one cycle I took off to focus on getting Executor, but man I'm struggling for motivation thus far.

I mean why put in two weeks of constant work only to be told that I can't play with my new toy because I don't have the character gated behind relics and an event that isn't permanent unlike say RC.

Anyone else just not feel any urgency to get this ship when I can't use it till probably next June?

I got red crate right up until ben solo came in. Last conquest i had zero reason to try and bloody loved it. This conquest is the same and I’m loving it again.

My advice - embrace the times you don’t actually care about the character. There’ll be one that will motivate us all too soon.
  • m1azar wrote: »

I got red crate right up until ben solo came in. Last conquest i had zero reason to try and bloody loved it. This conquest is the same and I’m loving it again.

My advice - embrace the times you don’t actually care about the character. There’ll be one that will motivate us all too soon.

Everyone's motivation should be to 7* every character & ship. You never know which ones will be need for the next character or ship release.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Maybe it's because there's too much Inquisitor feats. Maybe it's because you don't really care about the new Conquest unit. Maybe all of the above.

Take it as some months off from Conquest, it can get tiresome after a while, specially if you're aiming for max crate, considering there are some annoyingly grindy feats.
  • I really enjoy Conquest, and I always look forward to it. And for me it was the one to get Malgus unlocked so...........I'm pretty happy.

I am super fed up with Inquisitors being stuffed own our throats. 'You'll eat your soup and you'll like it!'

Yes, yes I know they told us 'Inquisitors would be important'..................self important. I think we'll basically keep getting them until they're happy with the buy rate. Customer feed back means very little/nothing to CG.
  • I have Inquis now that I finished node farming them so I have tons of wiggle room on feats. That and only having to grind 40 wins with one faction instead of two, plus doubling down on Old Ben Leia FBLuke at the same time with Rey+L3 has made for a much more chill experience IMHO.

This is the first time I'm deliberately going to red crate but spend my conquest currency on relic mats instead of shards because I don't care about unlocking on day 1 since I don't plan on bringing Tarkin to relics just to occasionally hard counter the Negotiator in GAC. Also I got two blue entrenched discs so I'm having less (random key undergeared character for a feat died from an AoE) than most conquests, so really just actually enjoying this for the first time since the second (?) Conquest series (conquests 4-6).

Disagree.

“Weak” is situational.

A niche interaction with a one-off faction is the best counterargument you can come up with? 🤣
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Antario wrote: »

Disagree.

“Weak” is situational.

A niche interaction with a one-off faction is the best counterargument you can come up with? 🤣

That's only one reason for why it's good. :D
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Worth noting you need IT in S4 and you can also use them in S3.

Disagree.

“Weak” is situational.

Let me know when those other reasons are as strong or as universal as “use AOE abilities”, “scaling damage to max health”, or “triggering abilities with free debuffs”.
  • I don't like using the DOTs disks as they keep stealing kills.

Don’t need IT in S3, LV does just fine. Like I said, one-off.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

I never said you need them in S3. And not everyone has LV.

I never said you need them in S3. And not everyone has LV.

Then don’t mention S3. Like I said, one-off (in S4).
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Pleasure chatting with you. I'm gonna go enjoy some more conquest now, with my extremely useful one blue and two green entrenched discs.
    Pleasure chatting with you. I'm gonna go enjoy some more conquest now, with my extremely useful one blue and two green entrenched discs.

Wow, TVF quitting an argument? World’s first right here. 🤣
  • I lost motivation after Interceptor. The Feat grind just wasn't fun anymore. And then the Ben Solo one was ridiculous. Without SLKR or Rey, 7 out of 8 Global Feats were, for me, not worth attempting.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited November 2022

Disagree.

“Weak” is situational.

Let me know when those other reasons are as strong or as universal as “use AOE abilities”, “scaling damage to max health”, or “triggering abilities with free debuffs”.
    “Surviving the initial onslaught when opponents go first because of crazy high speed so you can get 3* with a lot of different teams, which is the real difficulty of a fight in Conquest”
  • Starslayer wrote: »

Disagree.

“Weak” is situational.

“Surviving the initial onslaught when opponents go first because of crazy high speed so you can get 3* with a lot of different teams, which is the real difficulty of a fight in Conquest”

That’s nowhere near as strong lol. VA-AA lets me win with one LV AOE that I can go first in 99% of encounters. Asking to survive IT or GI, while not going first with just a handful of Entrenched disks, is a fool’s errand.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

Disagree.

“Weak” is situational.

That’s nowhere near as strong lol. VA-AA lets me win with one LV AOE that I can go first in 99% of encounters. Asking to survive IT or GI, while not going first with just a handful of Entrenched disks, is a fool’s errand.

I also won 3* with LV without using VA-AA during the VA-AA era. The challenge i face in in conquests is doing feats comfortably, not winning with a strong team. Survivability with weaker teams will help me achieve that. To each his own i guess.

Wow, TVF quitting an argument? World’s first right here. 🤣

I mean you lost, no more point.