Online Webstore

Are there any plans to make the Webstore less of a daily chore? I appreciate the effort in it but I will point out the following:

- I access the webstore on my laptop with the Chrome browser. As far as I can tell, there is no option to autofill my email address in Step 2 of the login. Pedantic bit of feedback but it is labourious to continually type my email out.
- The security code from the email that is sent. I'm assuming this is a necessary step under your own data protection regulations?
- Lastly, once I have finished getting items from the store, I return to the game either on bluestacks or my android phone. I am informed that it has lost connection and must restart the app. This always results in me getting assigned a fresh lv1 account and the intro scenes starting up. I fix this by force closing the game and reloading the app fully. Purchases from Google Play such as redeeming Play Points do not cause this. Is this a side effect of logging into the Webstore, and if it is, is there work being done to avoid this?

Replies

• Gale_Toral wrote: »
    - Lastly, once I have finished getting items from the store, I return to the game either on bluestacks or my android phone. I am informed that it has lost connection and must restart the app. This always results in me getting assigned a fresh lv1 account and the intro scenes starting up. I fix this by force closing the game and reloading the app fully. Purchases from Google Play such as redeeming Play Points do not cause this. Is this a side effect of logging into the Webstore, and if it is, is there work being done to avoid this?

I have noticed this as well. What I have done as a work around is to close my game before I go to the store.
    I then buy what I need to buy (or get the free item). I logout from the store and then launch the game app. I haven't had that lost connection error since. Give this a try and see if that solves at least this issue.
  • Gale_Toral wrote: »

I have noticed this as well. What I have done as a work around is to close my game before I go to the store.
    I then buy what I need to buy (or get the free item). I logout from the store and then launch the game app. I haven't had that lost connection error since. Give this a try and see if that solves at least this issue.
    I mean… by closing the game you are effectively losing the connection. You’re basically closing the game yourself rather than the store closing it.
  • I mean… by closing the game you are effectively losing the connection. You’re basically closing the game yourself rather than the store closing it.

Correct.
  • I resent having to log in with a code from email, every time I even want to look at the web store. If i see something I might want to buy, I often refer back to something in game before purchasing. And having to reload the game on my phone means I'm waiting for that, plus I have to log in with a code from email, once again.

I don't see me even logging in for the daily free stuff, most days. It's way, way too much trouble.
  • Saintless wrote: »
    I don't see me even logging in for the daily free stuff, most days. It's way, way too much trouble.

Simple. Then don't. :)
  • Lumiya
    1472 posts Member
    Gale_Toral wrote: »

I do the same before I go to the store and haven't had the connection error as of yet.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Lumiya wrote: »

I do the same before I go to the store and haven't had the connection error as of yet.
    It’s not an “error”. You and Lenders aren’t preventing anything or solving any issue. You’re achieving the same outcome as logging into the store does.

When you log into the store, it will break any currently active connection to the game on your devices. By closing the game first, you don’t have an active connection so you won’t see the “error” message.

If your game is “open” when you log into the store, the connection message is 100% guaranteed to appear.

If you close the game before logging into the store, the connection message will 100% not appear.

Either way, the game needs to be restarted after a store visit.

Edit: this is exactly how HotUtils works as well. Logging into HotUtils will break your connection and exactly the same message gets displayed. It’s not an issue that requires any action from players to “fix”.
  • Lumiya
    1472 posts Member

It’s not an “error”. You and Lenders aren’t preventing anything or solving any issue. You’re achieving the same outcome as logging into the store does.

When you log into the store, it will break any currently active connection to the game on your devices. By closing the game first, you don’t have an active connection so you won’t see the “error” message.

If your game is “open” when you log into the store, the connection message is 100% guaranteed to appear.

If you close the game before logging into the store, the connection message will 100% not appear.

Either way, the game needs to be restarted after a store visit.

Edit: this is exactly how HotUtils works as well. Logging into HotUtils will break your connection and exactly the same message gets displayed. It’s not an issue that requires any action from players to “fix”.

You do realise I know that? Obviously that's the reason why I close the game before, because the connection to the game gets closed down and I would have to restart it anyway. So if I do it before or after doesn't matter but this way I avoid any connection issues/messages after visiting the store.
  • Lumiya wrote: »

It wasn't clear that you knew it when you described the broken connection as an "error".
  • Lumiya
    1472 posts Member

It wasn't clear that you knew it when you described the broken connection as an "error".

I only used OPs wording 😉
  • Lumiya wrote: »

I only used OPs wording 😉
    Sure, Jan.