Arena characters you see as easy wins?

Prev1
Akster
571 posts Member
What teams do you find to be the easiest pickings in arena that you are almost certain you can win.

I find any team with darth sidious are always the easiest teams, since he just does not do much damage and I can easily just leave him until last. Funny, since at launch he was always revered as the must have character for arena, considered good not just because of his ease to farm in arena. Rarely see him anymore.

Replies

• Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    I look for teams with multiple healers
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Qui gon jedi teams and Droid teams. I loath Dooku teams. My Poggle, gs, 86,poe, magmatrooper do well against them. Sid almost means auto win against my magmatrooper.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Pretty much any team that doesn't have QGJ/Dooku lead is an easy win if you are playing into the current meta.

Not to say there aren't exceptions, but I have yet to have a hard time with this strategy. Though anyone can tell you that just by playing offense you already have an advantage.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Anything with Chewie. Or QGJ leader with no other jedi.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    How are you finding magmatrooper? I have yet to encounter him which is unsurprising. Im slowly getting all the shards for the empire trooper heroes just because I love them, even though they are not very good. Yet.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Akster wrote: »
    What teams do you find to be the easiest pickings in arena that you are almost certain you can win.

I find any team with darth sidious are always the easiest teams, since he just does not do much damage and I can easily just leave him until last. Funny, since at launch he was always revered as the must have character for arena, considered good not just because of his ease to farm in arena. Rarely see him anymore.

actually look for Dooku and Sid in the same group, along with Phasma.. I might avoid if they have bots, but If I bring QJ Dooku and Sid are pretty easy targets (small health pool), especially when Asajj or Initiate attacks, that's basically a free \ one shot.

I base it on whoever attacks first, if Yoda can get the tanacity off and Sid attacks, he is going down.. if not, I do Dooku even if he retaliates.. he is critically injured.

Then its 5 on 4, I target Dooku \ Sid next... then its 5 on 3. Then I heal..and that's the game!

Only time I lose is when Sid evades or Dooku stuns QJ, then its lights out for me, but I never back down from a challenge.

• MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Any team without Royal Guard
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Droid teams and teams with Savage Opress.
  • Jedi Counselor. Love him in GW. Target any team that has him in Arena.
  • I look for any team with Q as the leader. He is just to easy to take out of the fight so I get a 5 vs 4 battle. After that I look for a team with Lumi or Sid in their squad.
  • Devour
    262 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Anything with Chewie. Or QGJ leader with no other jedi.

Post edited by WillowStar on
  • I take it by reading this i should remove sid from my team? Idk who to put in his spot tho, i run Dooku, rey, qgj, lumi and sid

This, anyone with Chewie is sadly a certain victory.

I will never understand the QGJ lead with no Jedi, at least run someone who helps a little bit.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Honestly any team that doesn't have Dooku + RG.

This, anyone with Chewie is sadly a certain victory.

I will never understand the QGJ lead with no Jedi, at least run someone who helps a little bit.

I ran across a JC lead the other day with blue gear, lvl 70. Cant remember the squad but it didn't last long.

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Droid teams are the easiest for me while I avoid teams with Doku (I run Jedi).
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Any team with a healer whose first name is not "Old"
    Also Savage, Dachtha or Jawa, Fives, Sid, EK, Poe
  • QGJ leads on defense can still be tough because he goes before Dooku at level 72

Yoda will turn meter you, QGJ goes, calls Rey, one shot KO, foresight

Game over, throw in Royal Guard, Geo and it's rough, your. Dooku lead better have his dancing shoes on
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    most of teams are easily beatable. the only team i avoid on my server is: QGJ(L), GS, Rey, FOTP, RG.
  • ah how I love thee royal guard, went from most ridiculed character in the game to a force to be reckoned with
  • Samantha
    345 posts Member
    I look for any team with Q as the leader. He is just to easy to take out of the fight so I get a 5 vs 4 battle. After that I look for a team with Lumi or Sid in their squad.

What are you using against QGJ? When I run him with Yoda Ahsoka and Lumi, I usually get 5 hits against before anyone can go but Dooku? Then it doesn't matter if you kill him since its already 5 to 3.

If I remember correctly, only a NS team can go before Yoda QGJ. And they are not that dangerous right now.

A Dooku lead is more difficult because you usually get a dodge in there so it tends to be 4 on 4.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    BenjiFett wrote: »
    Any team with a healer whose first name is not "Old"

Kill her first. The old age has made her soft.

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Any team without Royal Guard and/or Dooku lead I will pounce on. Preferably a team without both but that's so rare to see nowadays
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!

I've taken first place 5 days straight on a hard launch server running QGJ (L), GS, 86, Daka and RG. Every team sucks on defense.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Yudoka wrote: »

Kill her first. The old age has made her soft.

And RG has made her last...
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Barrios and savage
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Any team that doesn't have RG will be attacked. But the reality is that anyone that is in my way will be attacked.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Berimbolo wrote: »
    QGJ leads on defense can still be tough because he goes before Dooku at level 72

Yoda will turn meter you, QGJ goes, calls Rey, one shot KO, foresight

Game over, throw in Royal Guard, Geo and it's rough, your. Dooku lead better have his dancing shoes on

I play with same team except Rey. Stays in top top 10 :D
  • ah how I love thee royal guard, went from most ridiculed character in the game to a force to be reckoned with

Exactly, 3 months ago I was farming RG and then stopped because all hate and now look at him
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member

Yus, I knew farming old luminara was smart!