Google Play Issue...Suddenly can't login

Krey
341 posts Member
Google Play won't sign in anymore. It was working about 45 minutes ago. I followed the steps in the stickied post above. I have been playing for months without issue.

Replies

• Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    And yes...I have been logged into Google play the whole time I have been playing. I have even logged out and back in before.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    I am on the phone with Google support. It is not just SWGOH that is having a problem. It is Google Play in general.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ok. Problem solved. Got rid of one Google Support guy and got a good one.

Apparently, when Google Play was first introduced, Gamer Tags were optional.

Now, they are required.

This happened a few weeks ago. However, since I have not logged out of SWGOH since the switch got flipped, I had not been hit with the requirement check. When I got logged out for some reason before noon (think there was a forced app restart), I finally got logged out, and when I tried to get logged in, it hit me with the tag requirement. It looked like my Google Play account had disappeared. It had not. I just did not have the newly required tag.

Once I created a tag, I was able to sign in once more with no data lose.

The guy in the support call said that when they first pushed the tag requirement out that people were actually losing game data. But that has been fixed. Glad I missed all that fun.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you a million times Krey for posting this! Same thing happened to me. You're a lifesaver! And thanks to @Edwahoo for forwarding me the link!
  • Options
    I'm having the same issue. Please forward link.