Will you double gears we already have?

Prev1
swetisy
20 posts Member
edited November 2022
Like the title says. Will you double gears we already have because value will drop.

Replies

• Salvage before the change.
  • I don't feel the salvage is the solution. Will you salvage all of them even gears that didn't salvage before? There are some gears that can be salvaged to some extent. but I need them to gear up too. Now I have conflict that I have to salvage all of them because I can farm later whether they are important or not now.
  • I certainly agree that the 50% salvage drop is a concern, but I don’t think doubling stocked gear is the right fix. At the very least, it would encourage people not to grow until the change went through, basically stockpiling their gear waiting for the double up. But I’m also not sure what a better fix would be. Maybe just a salvage credit of some kind, but that still has the issue of stockpiling. Maybe others will have a better idea.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • I don't know. Maybe it could be categorized as old gears and new gears. Old gears could protect their value.
  • swetisy wrote: »
    I don't feel the salvage is the solution. Will you salvage all of them even gears that didn't salvage before? There are some gears that can be salvaged to some extent. but I need them to gear up too. Now I have conflict that I have to salvage all of them because I can farm later whether they are important or not now.

If you're not using it for salvage, the value of the item has not changed. One carb can still be used to fill 1 gear slot before and after the change. Why would they backdate extra gear in some way by doubling your inventory? What about used stuff, do you think they'll give everyone a piece of every bit of gear they have used on a character already?
  • swetisy
    20 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    No.Time to time, I use some of them, Even that I don't use them doesn't mean somebody else doesn't use them too. In the end, it is a loss.

For instance If somebody paid money for gear recently, Extra gear would become a loss with update, whether it is commonly used for gear or not.

Doubling gear maybe too much but gears should be categorized as old and new if it is possible
    Post edited by swetisy on
  • Why would they do this? The only difference in value that you'll be seeing is if you're scrapping gear for relic mats. If that's your concern, scrap your gear before the change. Doubling your gear would double the number of characters that you can gear overnight. I'm fairly certain that's not their intention - I'm not sure why anyone would expect that.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Oh no, they could take more old characters to g12. ..... I fail to see the problem. The bottleneck is kyros, gear to get to g13, relic mats, and relic salvage. Doubling the inventory of gear which is about to be worth less with the scavenger doesn't change that.

• Why would they do this? The only difference in value that you'll be seeing is if you're scrapping gear for relic mats. If that's your concern, scrap your gear before the change. Doubling your gear would double the number of characters that you can gear overnight. I'm fairly certain that's not their intention - I'm not sure why anyone would expect that.

Yes I think that it is not their intention too but this is still on developing process. So they may be add features to avoid this. Like I said at one previous post, doubling may be too much, instead, gears can be categorized as old and new. and I am old player who not after gearing toons to level 8-9. Bottleneck is still relics and level 12-13 for me. For instance, Especially What we get from MK 7 Blastech for chromium transistor will be halved because probably we cannot craft enough due to missing one part.

RodFarva34 wrote: »
    Oh no, they could take more old characters to g12. ..... I fail to see the problem. The bottleneck is kyros, gear to get to g13, relic mats, and relic salvage. Doubling the inventory of gear which is about to be worth less with the scavenger doesn't change that.

I wrote this post just after I read the Road Ahead.I didn't think twice about at first. Yes doubling may be too much. instead, gears - even after they craft- could be categorized as old and new gear, maybe. I dont know what else can do but in the end if your priority is to relic your toon,you will have loss in terms of mat.
  • The bottleneck has been kyros for a long time. This p2 won't change much.
  • RodFarva34
    23 posts Member
    edited November 2022

I was agreeing with you. Doubling our current inventory of gear that is changing will not change how fast anyone can gear toons to g13 and subsequently increase relics and will save everyone the time of having to scrap existing inventory.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    swetisy wrote: »
    I don't feel the salvage is the solution. Will you salvage all of them even gears that didn't salvage before? There are some gears that can be salvaged to some extent. but I need them to gear up too. Now I have conflict that I have to salvage all of them because I can farm later whether they are important or not now.

If you're not using it for salvage, the value of the item has not changed. One carb can still be used to fill 1 gear slot before and after the change. Why would they backdate extra gear in some way by doubling your inventory? What about used stuff, do you think they'll give everyone a piece of every bit of gear they have used on a character already?

Let me paint you a picture.

I am currently gearing and relicing my last 3 inquisitors. 1 at relic 4, the other two at gear 12 half way to relics

If the update went through say tonight... and i had enough to purchase 40 bronzium wire through salavge at the jawa.

Lets say i have a sick kid or im celebrating an anniversary.. or some such life thing that prevents me from playing anymore today

Well now i log on after the drop and suddenly i now have the same amount of gear that i would have used to get 40 bronzium wire, but its now only worth 20 bronzium wire.

Does that not feel wrong to you?

What hes asking is will the gear be doubled to make up for taking half my value of things in my inventory away or could it be marked in a way that i can use it for its original worth?

@CG_Tusken_Meathead , thoughts?
  • The bottleneck has been kyros for a long time. This p2 won't change much.
    no its still carbantie, and stun guns AND kyrotech.

anything where you need 150 to 200 parts at any given level is the issue

now some characters are better than others in every case, but you get 21 or so carbanti a day and you might be in a scenario where you need 150 of them at any given time, like me

doubling that will be huge... but needing 50 to 100 of each kyro per level from 8/9 to 11 is gonna become the hands down bottle neck with this. it currently is only part of the issue
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »

I am currently gearing and relicing my last 3 inquisitors. 1 at relic 4, the other two at gear 12 half way to relics

If the update went through say tonight... and i had enough to purchase 40 bronzium wire through salavge at the jawa.

Lets say i have a sick kid or im celebrating an anniversary.. or some such life thing that prevents me from playing anymore today

Well now i log on after the drop and suddenly i now have the same amount of gear that i would have used to get 40 bronzium wire, but its now only worth 20 bronzium wire.

What hes asking is will the gear be doubled to make up for taking half my value of things in my inventory away or could it be marked in a way that i can use it for its original worth?

The update doesn't go through tonight, it goes through in December.

Unless your sick kid is sick for 2-6 weeks, this isn't a good argument.

And no, it won't be doubled. You have 2-6 weeks to make sure the things in your inventory don't lose that value. If you wait that long, it's on you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »

The update doesn't go through tonight, it goes through in December.

Unless your sick kid is sick for 2-6 weeks, this isn't a good argument.

And no, it won't be doubled. You have 2-6 weeks to make sure the things in your inventory don't lose that value. If you wait that long, it's on you.

You did get it was a story right?

It was intended to show how things in a persons inventory are losing value which is the exact opposite of "respecting player investment" that they spoke of in the RA.

Also what of those fun happy people who avoid the forums and dont see the road ahead announcement.

When will they be notified to relic now or else? How much heads up will they get and is that fair?
  • Also life has a way around the holidays of being busy. Whether its a kid thats sick or family in town or simply needing to unplug and get away, there is always some reason why a video game will take a back seat to life

Not sure why you are trying your hardest to pick a part a story instead of the actual point.

Gear in my inventory becomes worth half what it was to the jawa after this update. They are taking away value from my investment, which they clearly state they dont want to do
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    So scrap it now, problem solved.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Anyway, you repeated the initial question, and the answer is no. Gear is not being doubled.
  • It would be nice with a reply from CG if this is intended or if it’s just something they didn’t think of. The way they initially forgot about the bronzium drops when adding double drops for character shards.
  • Just scrap the gear now, you should already know what gear will you need to upgrade and what to scrap beforehand. And if you're in doubt if some gear might be used in the future, scrap it, farming it later will be easier. Any solution you might think will go against what CG is intending, so don't expect them to change something.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Anyway, you repeated the initial question, and the answer is no. Gear is not being doubled.

You know that i know that. The point of the comment is to illustrate how CG's decision impacts a persons value in their collected gear.

They state they want to preserve player investment, yet this decision clearly does not.

Giving the player the choice of scrap all your gear by x date or lose half its value is not player friendly. Its not player focussed and is tone deaf at best.

As i said, i am under no disolution that they will double my current gear, but that doesnt mean that i shouldnt illustrate to CG why their plan is **** and has heavy impact to players so that they consider possibly changing course.

You trying to slam it misses the point entirely and does nothing to help CG to see the complaint.

Just because you are cool witb it doesnt mean everyobe is or that they are wrong for not being.
  • So the gear change doesn't really do a whole lot except create work. And for the person who mentioned carbs the challenge drop rate isn't changing.
  • Lol joy. So carbanti are as fast as they are gonna be...

Ok so no change at all to the bottle neck im seeing other than the jawa scrapper was hit by galactic inflation

Good job CG, you dropped the ball again
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    In other news... 24 more characters to take to gear 11.... then it wont be too much of a concern
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    RodFarva34 wrote: »
    So the gear change doesn't really do a whole lot except create work. And for the person who mentioned carbs the challenge drop rate isn't changing.

No but the rest of carb sources are doubling.
  • Again doesn't change anything. New characters require Kyros. Majority of older characters very little value unless g13. I don't see how the changes help accept make me waste time crushing gear before the update.
  • It could change for you if you start farming kyros.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    No.Time to time, I use some of them, Even that I don't use them doesn't mean somebody else doesn't use them too. In the end, it is a loss.

For instance If somebody paid money for gear recently, Extra gear would become a loss with update, whether it is commonly used for gear or not.

Doubling gear maybe too much but gears should be categorized as old and new if it is possible

Just stop it.

They have you a 3-4 week notice to use it.
  • It could change for you if you start farming kyros.

Lol, so I should farm kyros with my energy and gac tokens ........ again no change.

Also, I'm assuming there are players that don't see the road ahead or come to the forums. Will they scrap their existing inventory?

I just think it would have been fine to leave exchange rate the same and ease the circuit board and bronzium crunch some. You still need plenty of relic mats so would have been an actual gear change vs. the appearance of a gear change.
  • This change is mainly for new players. If you look at the journey guide solo page, the vast majority of those can be completed without a single kyro or g12 piece. It will make a massive difference to a new player working through that list.