Need help understanding Executor & BH ship mechanics with TM in mirrors

shaun51422
96 posts Member
edited December 2022
Hi,
I'm probably missing something very obvious, but I've read and reread all the ship abilities and cannot figure this out, so maybe somebody can tell me what I'm not seeing. In mirror matches, with equal pilots, I often see ships get extra TM at times. For example, this happened twice today vs same opponent - My RC went before his, but as soon as his RC went it seems to have a big TM gain and then takes it's 2nd turn before mine gets a 2nd turn. Both RCs have R5 pilots, but my RC is slightly faster due to mods right now (he only has 2 on). Only ships present were Bossk, RC, ZB, and maybe Boba, but I'm not sure.

I don't know if this is a different mechanic kicking in or not, but I have also seen an Executor take a consecutive turn before before the other gets one. Pilots / mods equal and only the standard BH ships present.

Thanks for any input
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• TVF
    36591 posts Member
    It's not extra TM, it's breach lowering speeds.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dwinkelm
    767 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    As TVF pointed out, Breach lowers ship speed.

The main strategy to using Executor effectively is to spread breach as much as possible against your opponents. This allows your unbreached ships to effectively take more turns than the enemy’s. It is *the* deciding strategy in mirror-matches, as inflicting breach reduces the ultimate ability cooldown… and in executor mirror-match, first to their ultimate wins.

While RNG is also a heavy factor in all executor battles, typically your best strategy in mirror matches is to inflict breach on the opponent’s Razor Crest ASAP, while cleansing your own Razor Crest of breach when you can.

Because Razor Crest targets an ally to assist (inflicting Breach if you’re smart), having your razor crest take more turns than your opponent’s is extremely helpful in getting your ultimate first.

Hope this helps
  • Dwinkelm wrote: »
    As TVF pointed out, Breach lowers ship speed.

The main strategy to using Executor effectively is to spread breach as much as possible against your opponents. This allows your unbreached ships to effectively take more turns than the enemy’s. It is *the* deciding strategy in mirror-matches, as inflicting breach reduces the ultimate ability cooldown… and in executor mirror-match, first to their ultimate wins.

While RNG is also a heavy factor in all executor battles, typically your best strategy in mirror matches is to inflict breach on the opponent’s Razor Crest ASAP, while cleansing your own Razor Crest of breach when you can.

Because Razor Crest targets an ally to assist (inflicting Breach if you’re smart), having your razor crest take more turns than your opponent’s is extremely helpful in getting your ultimate first.

Hope this helps

I've been trying to record a match when this happens since TVF responded and I finally got it tonight. Obviously this doesn't happen often. I'm still confused on why it is happening this way because both RCs were breached when they take their turn. Mine goes first and cleanses, but then his goes and cleanses and gets the TM jump. So why does his jump like that and not mine? I appreciate you guys responding and trying to help. Thanks

https://youtu.be/_uUPk9aaEVw
  • I think it is still due to breach. Both RC have breach and hit their turns at same time. Yours goes first and cleanses its breach and tm starts at 0 again. His immediately goes next, specials your RC which clears its breach but also applies it to your RC and starts tm at 0. Now both RC are starting tm at 0 but yours has breach and his doesn’t. So he gets the tm jump. Can argue it’d almost be better to lose the coin flip and go second in this case.
  • _Kell_ wrote: »
    I think it is still due to breach. Both RC have breach and hit their turns at same time. Yours goes first and cleanses its breach and tm starts at 0 again. His immediately goes next, specials your RC which clears its breach but also applies it to your RC and starts tm at 0. Now both RC are starting tm at 0 but yours has breach and his doesn’t. So he gets the tm jump. Can argue it’d almost be better to lose the coin flip and go second in this case.

Thanks, I think I got it now. So despite mine going "first", the game is technically considering them to go at the same time so the TM moves after they both take their turns. Do I have that right?
  • Does anybody know about the other part of my question when one of the Executors takes 2 turns before the other gets one?