Conquest - Sim for twice the stamina

Unnecessary grinds are unnecessary..
If you have an R5 bulldozer team like CLS 3po chewpio han chew, you should be able to Sim.

- Make a list of standard teams people can click to Sim if they meet the r5 requirement.
- cost is 2 or 3x the stamina for that team.

Replies

• DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    If they are a bulldozer, how long does the battle take?

Edit: and what about teams that this team would struggle or outright fail to beat? Can you still sim a Nest team, for example?

This is a solution desperately seeking a problem.
  • If they are a bulldozer, how long does the battle take?

Edit: and what about teams that this team would struggle or outright fail to beat? Can you still sim a Nest team, for example?

This is a solution desperately seeking a problem.

Strongly disagree. Each battle could have a button that upon clicking goes to a new tab in your squads list that is unique for the battle.

Many players want more Sim options in the game. I want it in the grindyest part of then game, surprisingly...
  • “Many” people?

I’ve seen one other thread requesting this. And they made no allowance for stamina, which at least you did.

Speaking of stamina, how would the sim button work for a squad that would win at 100% but might not win at 80% or 70%? Would the sim button not include that squad anymore?

Conquest rewards roster depth, roster management and kit knowledge to achieve feats efficiently. Hard disagree that your suggestion would be a positive thing - it would effectively become an effective investment check. If your roster is strong enough just press sim and get red box. I like the fact that people who aren’t as dedicated as me don’t get the new ship / character after 3 conquests.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Conquest is great as-is.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • If only there were precedent for CG allowing SIM for a long line of roster check battles that also starts with "Galactic" that many people wanted to SIM.

And you are wrong about the implication that many don't want the SIM option I described. Ask any person on the forums that has stated they hate the grind of conquest and I am pretty sure they will love my idea.

As far as your nuance goes about ineffectiveness after low stamina, that's a detail I'd leave for CG to decide. Although I think an increasing RNG check that let's 4 or more battles be a risk of a SIM loss might be a fun option.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Ask any person on the forums

Proof that this is a bad idea.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ask any person on the forums

Proof that this is a bad idea.

OK. I can admit that's pretty funny :)
  • TVF wrote: »
    Conquest is great as-is.

Conquest and Great are not to be used in the same sentence.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Conquest is great as-is.

Conquest and Great are not to be used in the same sentence.

Ymmv