The great Meta Thread

xpgammer
142 posts Member
edited December 2022
Hey guys I am sort of new to here (In a relative sort of way) and I thought wouldn't it be a great idea to have a thread that has all the current best teams for each faction and why they work so that new players will know what to farm.

Personally I wonder what a good non-droid resistance team would be.
Sometimes a door is just a door

Replies

• Example:
    First Order:
    Phasma Assist Spam (CP (Leader), FO Tie Pilot, FO Trooper, ST, FOSF Tie Pilot)
    Hux Debuff (Hux (Leader), UKR, FOSF Tie Pilot, Kylo, ST)
    Hux Base DPS (Hux (Leader), ST, FO Tie Pilot, SLKR, FO Trooper)
    SLKR Buff(SLKR (Leader), FO Officer, FO Trooper, Hux, ST)
  • Empire:

Palpatine Featured(EP (Leader), DV, Thrawn, Shoretrooper, Piett)
    Palpatine Trooper(EP (Leader), DV, Thrawn, DeathT, Stormtrooper)
    Krenic (Krenic (Leader), DV, DeathT, Stormtrooper, EP)
    Moff Gideon (MG (Leader), RT, DarkT, DeathT, Stormtrooper)
  • xpgammer
    142 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Droid:

50R-T (50R-T (Leader), BB-8, C3PO, R2, T3-M4)
    Seppy Droid(GG (Leader), B1, Droideka, IG-100, B2)

Ewok:
    Basic Ewok (Teebo(Leader), EE, ES, Paploo, Wicket)
    Advanced Ewok (CC (Leader), Wicket, Logray, Paploo, ES)

Bounty Hunters (there are many ways to do them):
    debuff (CB (Leader), BF, JF, GK, Krrsantan)
    Crit (Mando (Leader), AS, Bossk, GK, Greedo)

Jedi (There are many ways to do them):
    Revan (JKR (Leader), Bastila Shan, HY, GMY, GK)
    Luke (JKLS (Leader), KJ, EB, HY, JMLS (If you can get him))'

Resistance:
    Rey (RJT (Leader), AH, RHF, RHP, ResistT)
    Expose (RJT (Leader, RoseT, RHF, RHP, RestistT))
    (Still looking for conformation on these)
  • xpgammer wrote: »
    Hey guys I am sort of new to here (In a relative sort of way) and I thought wouldn't it be a great idea to have a thread that has all the current best teams for each faction and why they work so that new players will know what to farm.

Personally I wonder what a good non-droid resistance team would be.

Non droid resistance isn't going to be good. I'm on my way for gl Rey, i have one team of resistance that's minimum relic 5. BB8 is the heart of the resistance, with JTR. Next most important is resistance hero Finn. From there on, you've got a decent amount of choice, however resistance hero Poe and scavenger Rey are probably your best bets. I've also had OG Finn in there for a long time because mine is pretty well modded, at relic 5 with good potency, he can stop a lot and survive a lot. R2 and 3PO aren't necessary, but do have advantages. But without BB8, your resistance team will be a walk in the park to beat by most teams. The only exception to that, that I've seen, is in 3v3, there you can effectively deploy resistance without a droid, against certain opponents.
  • Or in territory battles, of you want to waste an omicron on OG Finn's lead. But the issue with that is you'll outgrow that omicron far quicker than it will take you to replace the omicron materials.
  • There are plenty of content covering this. Go to YouTube and search for, e.g. "swgoh best teams"
  • in territory battles, [if] you want to waste an omicron on OG Finn's lead. But the issue with that is you'll outgrow that omicron far quicker than it will take you to replace the omicron materials.

I've successfully used the OmiFinn in the new Rise of the Empire TB both times. And it's actually worst on Coruscant (phase1/LS). It gets easier after that.

Considering how difficult RotE is and how determined they are to take away our meta teams including taking away our GLs, I honestly don't think I'm going to outgrow that Omicron anytime soon.
    (I'm also not saying everyone should get it. I'm in a unique place b/c so many people ask me for TB advice and I just made the decision to get all the TB Omis so that I can speak knowledgeably about them. Everyone should make their own decisions here based on what game modes are most important to them. I'm just pointing out that outgrowing OmiFinn doesn't seem like it's actually going to happen any time soon.)