Why does he have 6 characters in his squad?

GegeGerard24
422 posts Member
edited December 2022
po0db8cjm1lx.jpg

I thought it was only "when there is a slot available", as in he can only summon when one of his char got killed (thus a slot is available). I am 90% sure, when i borrowed a brute alpha from my clan mate, i couldnt summon because i still had full 5 chars squad. 90% sure because i still dont have geo squad and cant test it now. And my memory about it is a little hazy.

Also, i saw that their protection was generated in my turn, not theirs.
As in, it was my turn to move and i saw that their protection went up.

Are these normal?

Thanks.
Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• GBA summons a brute to the ally slot, if it is open (for example, not occupied by ARC trooper's turret, etc). If you borrowed one from a friend, BGA was IN the ally slot, and thus could not summon a brute.

GBA's leadership equalizes the health and protection pools of all Geos after every character's action, both friendly and enemy, which is why you're probably seeing protection recovery on the unit you attacked - it's actually equalizing protection with all their brood friends (if you look at the others that you didn't attack, you see their protection all dip a bit as they equalize). GBA leadership also recovers a small amount of protection and health for all Geos whenever any geo attacks, including counter attacks from the brute and Sun Fac, so you might be seeing that in play as well depending on who you're attacking.

Hope that helps.

Reading the kit explains the kit (and I know they're all novels now so being confused is understand).
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    With the exception of jabba there is 5 spots and a summon spot.
    Borrowed characters go into what would be the summoned spot
    Yes this is normal
    Mm, GBA, arc will all fill the last spot at battle start
  • All the above is accurate, but also you should know that in PvE all bets are off. I'm assuming this is GAC so your questions make perfect sense here, but I thought I would confirm that you know those rules won't automatically apply when you meet Geos elsewhere (Conquest uses standard squad sizes by default, but don't necessarily do so on mid-boss and final-boss nodes, etc., etc.)
  • Enigmatic_Potato
    796 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    GBA's leadership equalizes the health and protection pools of all Geos after every character's action, both friendly and enemy,

A couple clarifications,

It's GBA's unique not the lead.
    And it only occurs on enemies using abilities. There is no equalisation on ally actions.
  • GegeGerard24
    422 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    GBA summons a brute to the ally slot, if it is open (for example, not occupied by ARC trooper's turret, etc). If you borrowed one from a friend, BGA was IN the ally slot, and thus could not summon a brute.
    scuba wrote: »
    With the exception of jabba there is 5 spots and a summon spot.

Thanks for the clear explanations.

But i still cant believe it...a squad of 67k GP, gears were below G11 (highest was G10, i think) defeated my jedi squad (Bastila Shan - leader, GM Yoda, Qui Gon-Jinn, Windu, Ezra) of 83k GP, gears are at least G11, two of them G12.
    They attacked non stop from the start until my squad was dead.

evorgzpfb2bu.jpg
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • GegeGerard24
    422 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    The same jedi team couldnt even defeat the center squad. Something about this game mechanic......... x_x

They also attacked me non stop from the start until my squad was dead.

6cn0hbpgfos8.jpg

• The same jedi team couldnt even defeat the center squad. Something about this game mechanic......... x_x

6cn0hbpgfos8.jpg
    If you want to do better you will need to study the kits of the characters involved.
  • The same jedi team couldnt even defeat the center squad. Something about this game mechanic......... x_x

Sadly, a Bastilla team is POWERFUL from all those buffs she has, but, for the 2 teams mentioned, they have ways around those.

Geo's have 2 dispellers so your buffs won't last long.

Palpatine has Mara Jade who has an AE of Tenacity Down which means all your Tenacity Up is going to get negated & then Vader, Thrawn, & Palpatine are going to have at you w/o your "resistance"

My first suggestion is get Bastila's Leader Zeta if you can.
    It will help you with Palpatine teams that don't have Mara at least.

Second, Focus on adding Revan to your team as his abilities will allow you to counter some of the issues your seeing

Third, work on your mods, if either of those teams is faster than you, your toast, at least if your faster you have a chance. So Farm Mods for those speed secondary stats.
  • So Farm Mods for those speed secondary stats.

Okay, but if we're giving mod advice, the please, @GegeGerard24 remember that getting a good match between set-bonus, primary, and secondaries is more important than having one outstanding secondary -- even if it's speed.

Early on when you're just trying to boost speed, make sure you're farming speed sets.
    Later when you're trying to farm Defence or CritDamage or Potency sets, it's going to be just as important to make sure that you have the right secondaries as to ensure you have a fast speed secondary.

For instance if you have a defence set bonus, then you have to have a Defence% primary or secondary or you should sell it, even if it has speed showing.

Think about it like this: you have only 2 or 3 set bonuses you can acquire, right? Because there are six slots but you don't get the set bonus unless you have 2 or 4 matching set bonuses.

If Defence is important enough to use up one of your 2 or 3 precious set bonuses, then it's important enough to use up one of your 24 total secondary bonuses.

Critical Damage mods should always have CritChance, Offense, and Speed (one of these could be a primary, the others -- or possibly all 3 -- can be secondaries) or you don't want them.

Defence mods should always have Defence% and speed, and you should consider them even better if they also have Protection% or Health% and slightly better if they have +Protection or +Health.

I won't do all the mods here, but think about what you're levelling and slicing up. If something is an offence mod, you want as many offence-related stats as you can get. (This includes Potency for some attackers, but not all.) If something is a defensive mod, you want as many survivability-related stats as you can get. (This might include Tenacity, but doesn't always, so this shouldn't be a requirement, but if you have a mod with lots of good defensive stats and the final stat is Tenacity this is generally better than if the final stat is CC% or something.)

Finally, there are often exceptions to the rules when you are putting together mods for a specific character with an unusual kit.

For instance you might have General Grievous. Since his damage is based on his health and not his offence, you **can** equip him with 6 Health-set mods, but you can also equip him with 4 Critical Damage mods + 2 Health mods. If you do that, though, you'll want Crit Damage mods that have Health secondaries instead of Offense secondaries (though Crit Chance is still good).

It's fine to break the general rules for a specific character with an odd kit. But don't invest in mods that don't follow the general rules just in the hopes that someday CG will release a weird character with just the right custom kit to make that mod work.

Follow the general rules. Collect lots of mods that follow the general rules. Don't break the general rules unless you have a specific character in mind that you're collecting for. You don't have to have Grievous already when you start collecting CritDamage+Health mods for grievous, if that's the way you want to go, but you do have to be aware that you're using those inventory slots specifically for Grievous, and that you only have so many such slots.
  • Agreed w/ what @MasterSeedy is saying & I should have been more clear.

I'd also point out that what he's talking about is mostly useful for the 4 slots where the Primary Stat can be multiple options.

Square & Diamond default to Offense% & Defense% respectively 100% of the time. No variation
    For those 2 slots you want to focus on making sure the "Set" matches up with the 4 Secondary Stats as much as possible & also are the 2 slots where getting as MUCH speed as possible is very important, because for the other 4 slots you have a lot more variety & might not being able to have a super high speed AND a compatible Primary/Set combo.

For Arrows, Most of the time you want Speed Primary.
    That said, if you come across some Purple/Gold 5* Arrows that have a really nice set up of Primary/Set, like say, a Defense/Health Set w/ Crit Avoidance as the Primary, and they also show SPEED as a Secondary at Level-1, then, you'll want to see if you can get it to hit a couple times as you level it.
    Or an Offense Set Arrow w/ Offense Primary & 5 Speed Secondary, level it, and hope it hits more speed because sometimes 15 Speed on an Offense Arrow is better than 30 Speed Primary w/ small Offense secondary, depending on the Character.

As Noted, for "Most" of the Triangles you'll want a Crit Damage primary similar to a Speed Primary Arrow they are very useful.
    That said, just having CD primary isn't good if it has no Speed Secondary or its on a Defense Set which would more likely want to have Defense or Protection as the Primary on the Triangle.

Something like a Potency Set Cross is almost always also going to want Potency Primary too (Exceptions for Offense Primary on some attackers)
    Ditto Tenacity.
    The key is aligning the Set + Primary + 4 Secondaries into a "Harmony/Focus" that is good for key Character "types", ie, Tank, Attacker, Debuffer, Buffer.