JKLS crit damage vs offense

It seems like swgoh.gg shows that most people use offense mods on JKLS, but with his kit granting extra crit chance and Luke inflicting vulnerability on everyone it seems like crit damage would increase damage more than offense. But what am I missing? Is offense better for his dealing true damage to tanks?

Replies

• It seems like swgoh.gg shows that most people use offense mods on JKLS, but with his kit granting extra crit chance and Luke inflicting vulnerability on everyone it seems like crit damage would increase damage more than offense. But what am I missing? Is offense better for his dealing true damage to tanks?

You're missing that JKLS is a top tier toon that is often used against other top tier toons. The majority of toons that have crit immunity are the enemies he'll likely face.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Most people run him under other leads against teams that have a lot of crit negation. For that reason, people favor Offense and fast modding.

I still personally like to use him as lead with a fast Hermit Yoda to two-man some squads in GAC. So I have him with a slow crit damage set.
  • Thanks both! That makes sense. I just got my JKLS to relic 7, and have a decently fast hermit Yoda, 357 (+177) speed. Crzydroid what teams would I be able to beat in GAC with just those two?
  • Slow with offense. If I use him out of the leadership slot he'll get a turn for sure under JML, and as lead his speed reduction with a fast team behind him means you'll take 2+ turns for every turn the enemy takes.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Slow with offense. If I use him out of the leadership slot he'll get a turn for sure under JML, and as lead his speed reduction with a fast team behind him means you'll take 2+ turns for every turn the enemy takes.

Also, it's not as if CD scales that much more than 20% offense. Then there are things like not always critting. I think mine is only 70% CC. The crit won't happen sometimes. Offense probably just mathematically works more because crits aren't perfect.

42bsssyoqbqd.png
  • qt0wqnry3xp8.png
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    qt0wqnry3xp8.png

Nice Jkl
    Mine is sped for the SLKR counter I don't use, lol