Inquisitors or Empire? Forest Moon, Mostly

Hi. Returning player. Haven't played since 2016. I started a new account and about a week(ish) later bought the Hyperdrive Bundle. As far as character unlocks go, that's about where I'm at.

I'm trying to decide between the Inquisitors and the Empire. I'm mostly interested in completing the Forest Moon event. I can't currently complete even T1. But, thought to make it my next goal to be able to. I really want Ewoks to be one of my main teams.

The Inquisitors are more focused on fighting Jedi and I personally don't like anything about them outside of the game. But, I did unlock them from the current event and they have nice synergies. Could be useful for other events and such too. With all their abilities and synergies, they seem strong regardless of if they're fighting Jedi or not.

I like the Empire characters more than the Inquisitors outside of the game. But, I'm unsure which characters I should start going for. I'd probably have to start from scratch for most of them. I've watched older videos of the event and see characters that I don't have unlocked or even any shards for. GL characters seem way out of reach at the moment.

If you were in a similar position, which would you recommend between an Inquisitor squad or an Empire squad? Thank you.

Replies

• Hmmmm I read your post and found myself saying 'I wouldn't do that' or 'I wouldn't have done that' so many times I find it hard to give advice.

If it were me, a simple answer to your question it'd be Empire. Empire are a much easier farm and much more accessible. However, as you're doing so much I wouldn't...........maybe Inquisitors is the answer for you. Right now there's a lot of mileage in either team.
  • Wouldn't have done what? The only thing in my post that I mention doing is buying the HDB and unlocking the Inquisitors from the current Inquisitor event that costs nothing to do.

harvestmouse is a cute name.
  • Imperial troopers, as specific empire, have 2 assault battles they can complete challenge tier 3 at mostly g12. You need a very lucky run at g12, but it is possible.
  • An Imperial Trooper squad sounds fun. I'll start looking into that and slowly start grinding them up so that sometime in the future I can do the Forest Moon event to get the real dream squad, Ewoks. Despite the Inquisitors having so many abilities and synergies, I don't know if I could have fun playing them.

Thank you, much!
  • harvestmouse
    891 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    SkyCake wrote: »
    Wouldn't have done what? The only thing in my post that I mention doing is buying the HDB and unlocking the Inquisitors from the current Inquisitor event that costs nothing to do.

I wouldn't have started a new account. Especially if you're not going to be precise with meta play.

and yes I probably wouldn't have invested in the Inquisitors. However, that's just me. I'm not saying it was the wrong thing to do.

The harvestmouse has been described as 'ferocious,' 'cannibalistic,' 'not gentle,' and 'nervous,' and it has been reported that it dislikes being handled. In colonies, harvest mice appear rather sedentary.

Cute in looks, but not in nature. Right up there with Tigers for forum ferocity!
  • Would Magmatrooper be an okay replacement for Colonel Starck? Magmatrooper is much easier to farm and looks cool. I've read that Veers, Piett, Dark Troopers, and Range Trooper are important but that the 5th slot kind of depends on the content you're using them for. Thanks for the help! I'm glad that the troopers are still relevant.
    SkyCake wrote: »
    Wouldn't have done what? The only thing in my post that I mention doing is buying the HDB and unlocking the Inquisitors from the current Inquisitor event that costs nothing to do.

I wouldn't have started a new account. Especially if you're not going to be precise with meta play.

and yes I probably wouldn't have invested in the Inquisitors. However, that's just me. I'm not saying it was the wrong thing to do.

The harvestmouse has been described as 'ferocious,' 'cannibalistic,' 'not gentle,' and 'nervous,' and it has been reported that it dislikes being handled. In colonies, harvest mice appear rather sedentary.

Cute in looks, but not in nature. Right up there with Tigers for forum ferocity!

My old account wasn't worth anything. My new one already far exceeds it. I didn't invest in the Inquisitor. Thanks for the mouse facts!
  • Well you need Starck eventually for SEE. So you may as well invest in him. MT and Starck both help with Turn Meter, so I think MT will work. However, you'll need to invest in Starck anyway.
  • I agree that if you want empire, go for Imperial Troopers. You can find a use for all of them between Veers and Iden Versio leads.

Veers-lead troopers totally dominate many opposing teams on offense, and Iden counters a few very specific & difficult teams on offense, and are extremely strong in early and mid-game on defense.

I recommend veers, piett, range, starck, and dark trooper under Veers.

Magma trooper, death trooper, snow trooper, and either shore or storm trooper under Iden.

The best thing about troopers is you *know* CG will continue to release and update that faction every once in a while.
  • Thank you so much, everyone. I have a direction now to start farming. An Imperial Trooper team! I'll go for Veers now just because he was in the HDB. But, even doing an Iden team a long time from now seems like it would be fun.

Thanks.
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    Assault Battles aren't really a main way to farm anything, as they are so infrequent. You'd mainly just farm the team. Warning you though, Ewoks aren't great beyond unlocking C-3PO.

But Imperial Troopers are good for many things.
  • harvestmouse
    891 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Something to note. Modding is important on troopers. Troopers are like a snowball. If you can get it going down a hill. It'll grow so big it'll destroy towns and even cities that get in its way! However, if you allow your opponent to walk up to it, put a foot on it and crush it before you give it a push.......then your snowball....I mean trooper team looks utterly useless. It's all about getting control of the turn meter.
  • Dwinkelm wrote: »
    I recommend veers, piett, range, starck, and dark trooper under Veers.
    Very much this. Dark Trooper to R5 was one of my best non GL chase investments. I use this team to destroy nightsisters, usually the ladies don't even take a turn.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • SkyCake wrote: »
    Thank you so much, everyone. I have a direction now to start farming. An Imperial Trooper team! I'll go for Veers now just because he was in the HDB. But, even doing an Iden team a long time from now seems like it would be fun.

Thanks.

If you start farming Inquisitors and Imperial Troopers today you may 7* them at roughly the same time but I can pretty much guarantee you will be able to get all 5 Troopers to relics before you can get 3 Inquisitors due to their very high equipment needs. Case in point, you need almost the same Kyrotech gear for Seventh Sister alone than you do for Gideon, Range and Veers combined. Given that Kyros and not accelerated it will take you well over twice as long to farm the difference in Kyros between Troopers and Inquistors.

Plus Troopers are A+ in just about all content and get you started toward your first GL.