Cheaters in Fleet arena taking top spots. Nothing been done about it.

Soo... i started a few months ago after a few years hiatus. fresh account. hyperdrive. fresh squad and fleet shard. its so infuringlately ridiculous. for weeks now three blatant obvious cheaters are taking top spots in fleet arena robbing legit players of thousands of crystals over the weeks. i'm talking 50k fleets with underlevelled 2 Star starter ships versus 200k fleets with 5 star+ hounds tooth, first order, tie advance and the likes. in the meantime they got to.. around 80-100k fleets with like 3 star ships. against 250k+ ones.

it. just. isnt possible.
on defense they die in one hit or two, yet they climb to top spots on offense every day. checked their inventories, they got nothing better and arent ranking down on purpose. they win seconds before payout time. just now i took a screenshot of them, lv 70 basic capitals and three star ships. against fleets two to three times their power. right now theyre taking rank 1 2 and 3.

wont post it public because of FoRuM RuLeS. reported them ingame like many others surely did. ingame support says "meh. cant do nothing, post on forums and message lucifers daddy." WHO IS INACTIVE SINCE 2001. messaged him and 5 other cg employees. with names. guilds. screenshot. nothing, not a single answer.

this is such a big f you in the face of legit and paying customers. do. something. about. this.

Replies

• inactive since 2021 i meant. whatever.
  • You still have to message him, apparently the messages are read through notifications in his (or whoever deals with it now) email. You will never get a response. I’d like to say they’ll deal with them eventually but I don’t know if that’s true, I just know we occasionally get people complaining on here they’ve been banned and it’s a wonderful time.
    The best advice I’ve seen anyone give on here is to contact their guild and try and get them kicked out.
    797-722-718
  • Kard_1986 wrote: »
    The best advice I’ve seen anyone give on here is to contact their guild and try and get them kicked out.

That has it's own rewards ;)
  • Same experience here. No matter how clear proof you report to whoever in CG, nothing happens at all.

Considering seven years of existence of the game and cheating not prevented, I believe that CG actually silently supports it as a means to motivate others to try to beat the cheaters (by buying to get better). It did exact opposite to me though.

Based on this forum and reddit, it seems like huge number of new players face blatant cheating. The older accounts may face it as well, but it is virtually undetectable after some time when cheaters do not use two star, gear 4 characters and ships anymore.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Georgee wrote: »
    Same experience here. No matter how clear proof you report to whoever in CG, nothing happens at all.

Considering seven years of existence of the game and cheating not prevented, I believe that CG actually silently supports it as a means to motivate others to try to beat the cheaters (by buying to get better). It did exact opposite to me though.

Neither of these things are true.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Well, that's a relief. I thought that I was beaten by two-star, gear 4 fleet in the Fleet Arena in few seconds, reported it several times half a year ago and still seeing the same guy getting to top five among all the relic pilots there. It's good to know that it's no true, I would think that it's possible to cheat and nobody cares.

Also quite happy that I was wrong about CG not protecting data in memory, encrypting communication with servers or whatever is needed to prevent cheating over the seven years of existence of the game. Very helpful, thank you.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Georgee wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Well, that's a relief. I thought that I was beaten by two-star, gear 4 fleet in the Fleet Arena in few seconds, reported it several times half a year ago and still seeing the same guy getting to top five among all the relic pilots there. It's good to know that it's no true, I would think that it's possible to cheat and nobody cares.

Also quite happy that I was wrong about CG not protecting data in memory, encrypting communication with servers or whatever is needed to prevent cheating over the seven years of existence of the game. Very helpful, thank you.

1) You said nothing happens when you report cheaters. That is true in many cases, including yours apparently, but the way you phrased it as a blanket statement was incorrect.

2) You said you believe CG supports cheating to get people to spend. I guess it's probably true that you believe it, but it is also incorrect.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Is there a chance that they were just hoarder accounts? And that they didn't cheat?
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    I have cheaters on fleet arena since 3 months ago, also since them I reported them to CG_LucifersDaddy and CG_Leviathan but nothing happens, it seems currently they have too much work because of it, a lot of people learned how to cheat, they are not automatically detected and neither banned, probably are 2 employers who are bored about this activity, and only are banning cheaters on GAC, which is more important for them, or something like this, who knows, but are not doing their job, as after 3 months and report them at least 4 times, these cheaters on my arena should be banned.
  • Well, when others are sending multiple reports about people cheating because they just don't understand the game, it adds to the queue for the one person to deal with. I bet there are a lot of them.

They will not reply to you about your report, ever. Talking with a customer about another customer breaks privacy laws in multiple countries. They can receive a report and act on it, but they can never discuss another customer with you, in any way. They could send a message like "thanks for the report", but is that the way you want the one person spending their time? Granted they could set up an automated "thanks for the report" response, but would that make any difference at all?

Lots of cheaters get banned, just look around the forums for the "I got banned, what happened?" posts.
  • Georgee
    77 posts Member
    Wow, this is pretty old thread. Seems like there is a new wave of cheating coming, judging from the forum posts. Or new players that did not experience the previous wave are experiencing cheating for the first time in new shards.

I still don't understand why CG rely on detection instead of prevention. Prevention of cheating must be much cheaper - setup once and it's done, rather than having someone analyzing the data and dealing with users' cheating reports. It's not even like inventing something new. Client/server applications are supper common, security is hot topic everywhere, can't be difficult to setup the client/server communication assuming a compromised client by default.
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    > Prevention of cheating must be much cheaper

Experience of many MMO games, even with server-based logic, says otherwise. And it's much-much harder in SWGOH where combat calculation is fully client-based.