Farming Wampa, CAT, Malevolence and Hermit Yoda

Greetings,

I was wondering if there is a way to get shards for these characters other than Shipments. The amount of guild currency to farm them seems NUTS! I'd love to have Wampa and Malevolence would be big bc GG is my next team I plan to bring to GL 13.

Replies

• wampa is in galactic bounties, and CAT is in proving grounds if you have 4million GP. but otherwise no, the guild shipment is the only real way to farm them otherwise
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    wampa is in galactic bounties, and CAT is in proving grounds if you have 4million GP. but otherwise no, the guild shipment is the only real way to farm them otherwise

Thank You! I will check out Galactic Bounties. I will wait on CAT as I'm at 3.1M. Malevelence would be great as a Defense Capitol ship but I will just have to make it work with Executrix.

• Yeah, if you have 3.1 then you wouldn't get CAT until close to 4.0mgp anyway. Now that's earlier than if you wait for Proving Ground to become available since PG becomes available at that point, but you still need to wait for the event to come back multiple times to farm the shards. Still, it would be pretty frustrating to spend all that currency on CAT and then just at the moment you unlock her, you get access to free shards.

CAT's a fantastic toon, but I don't think that the difference in when you would pick her up with GET purchases vs. with PG events is going to be enough that you would actually win more resources than you lost by delaying her for a few months or even a year.

Wampa is similar, although you have access to that free event right now: it happens every other month and gets you 40 shards each time (IIRC). It's still more than 1 year to finish, but Wampa just doesn't add a lot to your roster. She's more valuable for unlocking JKL (and therefore JML) than for Wampa herself.

With any luck you've already got some Wampa shards from past events. If you don't, remember that The Mandalorian will give you insta-kill. The Wampa in Wave 4 of the Galactic Bounty Wampa event isn't that easy to kill, especially compared to the Wave 1-3 enemies in the same event, so having Mando ready to go with Disintegrate is going to turn a marginal team of bounty hunters into an easy win.

(You might have BH that can take down the event just fine, but if you don't, getting a g12 or g11 Mando is cheaper than boosting relic levels on a bunch of toons that don't have the best kits.)

Good luck with managing all this. It can be hard to make all these decisions -- and that 3.xMgp place is a particularly difficult one because of the Conquest GP gate. You have to think about what it means to not start farming now, but eventually getting those crucial toons much more cheaply.

Fortunately at only 3.1 you still have so many things to collect it is possible to focus on good, productive squads & fleets between now and when you hit 4M. You have to change the order you do things, but you don't have to farm junk just to waste time.
  • @MasterSeedy Thanks for all the insights. They are much appreciated!

Even though I'm at 3.1M my roster is poorly constructed. I played off and on for years and had no idea what I was doing. I would just kill time here and there. I never got all my daily rewards and played religiously like I do now. A little over a year ago I talked to someone who plays religiously and got into it. I started watching Ahnald and I learned alot.

I do have a BH team with Mando and he's relic 3. They are one of my best teams. So far my top teams are Mid - High relic EP, Vader, Thrawn, MJ, Shore Trooper. I have a mid relic BAM, IG11, Quil, Cara D, Nest. I have a mid to low relic BH squad with Bossk, Bobba Fett, Mando, GK, IG88. I will probably eventually replace IG with Dengar or Jango. I'm working on building a CLS team now. Next will be a GG, and Imperial Trooper team. Then I'm looking at level 4 of the journey guide and try to get the Revans and Starkiller. I'm also going to try and get Executer in the near future. I have to work on Dangar and Imperial Tie fighter pilot.
  • Bossk, Bobba Fett, Mando, GK, IG88

This squad will very easily handle the Wampa mission. If you don't have Wampa shards already, it's almost certainly because you've been focussed on other toons that are also in Galactic Bounties. However none of those shards are as hard/expensive to acquire as Wampa, so do Wampa first.
  • Great to hear! I have to make the entire squad relic 5 and Bobba Relic 8 for Executer so they will be even stronger.
  • Yeah, if you have 3.1 then you wouldn't get CAT until close to 4.0mgp anyway. Now that's earlier than if you wait for Proving Ground to become available since PG becomes available at that point, but you still need to wait for the event to come back multiple times to farm the shards. Still, it would be pretty frustrating to spend all that currency on CAT and then just at the moment you unlock her, you get access to free shards.

CAT's a fantastic toon, but I don't think that the difference in when you would pick her up with GET purchases vs. with PG events is going to be enough that you would actually win more resources than you lost by delaying her for a few months or even a year.

Wampa is similar, although you have access to that free event right now: it happens every other month and gets you 40 shards each time (IIRC). It's still more than 1 year to finish, but Wampa just doesn't add a lot to your roster. She's more valuable for unlocking JKL (and therefore JML) than for Wampa herself.

With any luck you've already got some Wampa shards from past events. If you don't, remember that The Mandalorian will give you insta-kill. The Wampa in Wave 4 of the Galactic Bounty Wampa event isn't that easy to kill, especially compared to the Wave 1-3 enemies in the same event, so having Mando ready to go with Disintegrate is going to turn a marginal team of bounty hunters into an easy win.

(You might have BH that can take down the event just fine, but if you don't, getting a g12 or g11 Mando is cheaper than boosting relic levels on a bunch of toons that don't have the best kits.)

Good luck with managing all this. It can be hard to make all these decisions -- and that 3.xMgp place is a particularly difficult one because of the Conquest GP gate. You have to think about what it means to not start farming now, but eventually getting those crucial toons much more cheaply.

Fortunately at only 3.1 you still have so many things to collect it is possible to focus on good, productive squads & fleets between now and when you hit 4M. You have to change the order you do things, but you don't have to farm junk just to waste time.

Respectfully disagree about the usefulness of Wampa. Yes, she is required for JKL, who is a requirement for both JML and Jabba GLs. But stick an Omicron on her and she is a magnificent character to use in GAC who can take down some otherwise difficult teams including GAS and Grievous, and even some SEE teams.
  • I hear the disagreement.

The counterpoint, and why I ultimately chose to go with what I said is that you're talking about one battle per GAC round (maximum) AND only if you spend an Omicron.

I assumed that there wouldn't be that many GAC rounds where the outcome changed from loss to win b/c of Omi Wampa that couldn't also be changed from loss to win using that Omicron Elsewhere.

At 3.1 million, there's a lot of Omicrons still to place, so it's not like if you don't have Wampa you're going to have Omicron mats sitting around unused b/c there just aren't any useful ones left.

Anyway, I did consider it. I hear that you disagree and I think there's room for disagreement. It might very well be that there is no better GAC omicron for the OP (or that it's in the top 3 or whatever, such that delaying Wampa too long would make that the best GAC omicron left that they don't have yet). I think there are a lot of other positive things to do with that Omi that can also get you some rewards, but it's just a guess.

@DashRendar03 you should listen to @BobaFettish86 's argument and make your own decision. I'm not taking back my earlier recommendation, but I am not infallible and who knows?

But I would also add this, if I haven't already, and that's that if there exist multiple good paths to power, even if one is a bit better but definitely if they're more or less tied, sometimes you just have to choose by which path is more fun. Does grabbing Wampa really excite you? Do you love the character?

Because, again, there's so much grind in the game, if you don't make some decisions for the pure love of the game and the toons, for the pure fun of it, it's going to wear you down and you're going to quit -- and then you won't end up all powerful no matter how efficient you were before you uninstalled.
  • All I'm suggesting is that at his current GP level, being able to solo some otherwise challenging teams will help him compete against teams with bigger rosters for minimal outlay. Omicrons should be spent wisely, of course. But as he will eventually want the character for various unlocks, once he has her relic level it will be worth using the omicrons on her.

I see your point about it only being useful in rounds of GAC, but TW omicrons have the same issue. TB omicrons get some use during events, but how many folks use them? I have some omicrons stockpiled and not sure it's worth using them for TBs.
  • I get it. You have a reasonable argument, that's why I said the OP should read you carefully and make up their own mind.