When will CG start taking cheating seriously again?

Replies

  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    lets not just bring up such a hypothetical at all, because you never know who will take it at face value and its a good way to prevent this thread from being purged
    We're not encouraging people to cheat. CG is by refusing to take action against cheaters
  • Options
    If anyone wants to know the 250mill guild using a 900k account cheater to finish crancor message me I’ll let you know.
  • Options
    I’m guessing I’m not allowed to post their name on here as I’ll get banned or get this post banned. But cheaters can still play and not get banned lol
  • Options
    If anyone wants to know the 250mill guild using a 900k account cheater to finish crancor message me I’ll let you know.

    You can drop it on the To Catch a Cheater discord server and we can verify.
  • Options
    I’m not on that.
  • Lumiya
    1578 posts Member
    Options
    I’m not on that.

    I sent you an invitation.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I'm going to DM the same report daily from now on, lets see how many months until they take action, if that ever happens
    Post edited by ZurinFet on
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Admire your courage in reposting a thread on this because in a lot of forum environments it could lead to permanent suspension depending on how someone would decide to translate the Terms of Service. There are unfortunately a lot of bloodthirsty people working in these places (not specifically here but in general)
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    lucaefor wrote: »
    Admire your courage in reposting a thread on this because in a lot of forum environments it could lead to permanent suspension depending on how someone would decide to translate the Terms of Service. There are unfortunately a lot of bloodthirsty people working in these places (not specifically here but in general)

    I can't be the only one that sees how absurd that is. It's as if I was scared of reporting the burglar in fear of being arrested by the police. How are WE in the wrong here?
  • Options
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    lucaefor wrote: »
    Admire your courage in reposting a thread on this because in a lot of forum environments it could lead to permanent suspension depending on how someone would decide to translate the Terms of Service. There are unfortunately a lot of bloodthirsty people working in these places (not specifically here but in general)

    I can't be the only one that sees how absurd that is. It's as if I was scared of reporting the burglar in fear of being arrested by the police.

    Reporting the burglar isn’t against the law, so it doesn’t really compare to knowingly breaking the rules. Two wrongs don’t make a right.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    lucaefor wrote: »
    Admire your courage in reposting a thread on this because in a lot of forum environments it could lead to permanent suspension depending on how someone would decide to translate the Terms of Service. There are unfortunately a lot of bloodthirsty people working in these places (not specifically here but in general)

    I can't be the only one that sees how absurd that is. It's as if I was scared of reporting the burglar in fear of being arrested by the police.

    Reporting the burglar isn’t against the law, so it doesn’t really compare to knowingly breaking the rules. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

    Oh I'm sorry, which rules am I breaking?

    Let's say in fleet arena, I have a payout at 1pm. I'm currently in second place and start a match agaisnt the rank 1 player 5min and 10seconds before my payout. I end up winning the match with 1 second left on the clock and the popup says I'm rank 1.

    By the time I get back to the game lobby, I hit refresh to check rewards and it somehow displays me at rank 2 still. It goes like that for a few days and I suspect some kind of bug prevents me from getting rank 1 close to the payout time, or maybe more than one player can attack at the same time perhaps?

    I fully record gameplay of the issue, and proceed to post it in the appropriate section in the forums. The full gameplay has names of everyone in my shard, and also my opponent.

    What happens next? Does my post get deleted? Do I get warned? Do they ignore it? Am I breaking the rules?
  • Options
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    lucaefor wrote: »
    Admire your courage in reposting a thread on this because in a lot of forum environments it could lead to permanent suspension depending on how someone would decide to translate the Terms of Service. There are unfortunately a lot of bloodthirsty people working in these places (not specifically here but in general)

    I can't be the only one that sees how absurd that is. It's as if I was scared of reporting the burglar in fear of being arrested by the police.

    Reporting the burglar isn’t against the law, so it doesn’t really compare to knowingly breaking the rules. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

    Oh I'm sorry, which rules am I breaking?

    I wasn’t accusing you.

    But I would suggest not attacking mods or moderation, as it won’t help your stated cause. They are two different groups - the people who mod and the people who handle cheaters. Don’t lump them together.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Oh I'm not, the OP is about letting it be known that the proper channels are NOT working, that nothing is being done, and what are we to expect in that regard.

    I would love for everyone here to also focus on the problem itself and how you're affected by it instead of diverging into other subjects
  • Options
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    Oh I'm not, the OP is about letting it be known that the proper channels are NOT working, that nothing is being done, and what are we to expect in that regard.

    Interesting, because the last thread was closed with an update to the process. Should probably give it a chance.

    ICYMI, the process now is to message CG_Leviathan with your ally code, their ally code, their name, and a brief description of the cheating.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    That's the same process with a different DM contact. Color me skeptical
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    Oh I'm not, the OP is about letting it be known that the proper channels are NOT working, that nothing is being done, and what are we to expect in that regard.

    Interesting, because the last thread was closed with an update to the process. Should probably give it a chance.

    ICYMI, the process now is to message CG_Leviathan with your ally code, their ally code, their name, and a brief description of the cheating.

    That has been the process before the thread was created. There was no update. That process is not working.

    Would love to hear from someone:

    - Why isn't it working
    - Are there plans to fix it
    - How long will it take
    - How can we help improve it.
  • Ultra
    11579 posts Moderator
    Options
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    I'm going to DM the same report daily from now on, lets see how many months until they take action, if that ever happens

    Please do
  • Ultra
    11579 posts Moderator
    Options
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    Oh I'm not, the OP is about letting it be known that the proper channels are NOT working, that nothing is being done, and what are we to expect in that regard.

    Interesting, because the last thread was closed with an update to the process. Should probably give it a chance.

    ICYMI, the process now is to message CG_Leviathan with your ally code, their ally code, their name, and a brief description of the cheating.

    That has been the process before the thread was created. There was no update. That process is not working.

    Would love to hear from someone:

    - Why isn't it working
    - Are there plans to fix it
    - How long will it take
    - How can we help improve it.

    All valid questions and I think the community really deserves those answers
  • Ultra
    11579 posts Moderator
    Options
    Personally I have sent one cheating report since they told us to report to Leviathan and I'm waiting to see how long it takes for a response back, but a bigger sample size helps (more people reporting and informing how long it takes to hear back)
  • Options
    That's the same process with a different DM contact. Color me skeptical
    Yes. And it i reasonable to at least assume that CG might take more action with the change, whether they assigned more people, changed who it was assigned to, whatever. Don’t exclude the possibility that the change to the process was more behind the curtain and less in front.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    That's the same process with a different DM contact. Color me skeptical
    Yes. And it i reasonable to at least assume that CG might take more action with the change, whether they assigned more people, changed who it was assigned to, whatever. Don’t exclude the possibility that the change to the process was more behind the curtain and less in front.

    Again, there was no change, it has been that person for the past 8 months at least, people that say they changed it probably reported waaay back when it used to be someone else.
  • Options
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    That's the same process with a different DM contact. Color me skeptical
    Yes. And it i reasonable to at least assume that CG might take more action with the change, whether they assigned more people, changed who it was assigned to, whatever. Don’t exclude the possibility that the change to the process was more behind the curtain and less in front.

    Again, there was no change, it has been that person for the past 8 months at least, people that say they changed it probably reported waaay back when it used to be someone else.

    There’s literally an edit with a date/time stamp. But since you admit you haven’t tried, I recommend trying before going back to the argument.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    You can add a comma and that counts as an edit. But here you go. June 2022. The "new" protocol from January 9th 2023. Now lets get back on topic

    l32n3n79ubw9.jpg

  • Lumiya
    1578 posts Member
    Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    That's the same process with a different DM contact. Color me skeptical
    Yes. And it i reasonable to at least assume that CG might take more action with the change, whether they assigned more people, changed who it was assigned to, whatever. Don’t exclude the possibility that the change to the process was more behind the curtain and less in front.

    Again, there was no change, it has been that person for the past 8 months at least, people that say they changed it probably reported waaay back when it used to be someone else.

    There’s literally an edit with a date/time stamp. But since you admit you haven’t tried, I recommend trying before going back to the argument.

    You do realise that in the original thread here on the forums Leviathan and Lucifersdaddy were named as the persons to contact?
    Then, some while ago mods always told people to contact Lucifersdaddy when someone asked in a thread. IIrc the original CG thread still also named Leviathan as second contact without change. But even if it was changed, there seemed to be a reason why people shouldn't contact Leviathan anymore and why it was changed to only Lucifersdaddy.

    After some time people realised that Lucifersdaddy wasn't logged in for a longer time so the threads started to get more frequent where people asked whom to report to. CGs answer was to keep reporting to Lucifersdaddy because eventhough they didn't log in, they got the reports via email.

    In the now deleted thread from sigsig, sigsig stated that they heard that Lucifersdaddy doesn't work anymore for CG for quite a while and questioned if Leviathan even still works for CG. Only after that CG changed their thread to report to Leviathan again(and removed Lucifersdaddy as contact)

    Do you not see how that is a problem? People get told to contact a person that wasn't online for a long time with assurances that the messages are still read and only after a player reveals that said contact doesn't even work for CG anymore do they change the contact to someone whom originally was named as the second contact but for some reason should not be contacted anymore.

    I think it is more than understandable that people now question the process and if Leviathan even still works for CG and if and how CG deals with cheaters given that many players still see thise reported cheaters being active after months and months (btw in my case even after more than a year).

    In addition to ZurinFet's questions I have the following:

    - Is CG even able to determine if someone cheated when the reported cheating took place a while ago because they only get to the report later/because only one person is working on the reports?
    - Are they able to check back to the time the cheating occured?
    - How far back can they check?
    - Does CG have a database with daily logs?
    - How long are they being stored?
    - How many persons are actually actively working on a daily basis on following reported cheatings?
    - Why do players not at least get a notification when the report has been recieved/is investigated?
    - Will CG actually follow through with what they assured and reimburse players when they lost rewards because of a cheater?
    - Will CG also reimburse others whom lost against the same cheater but didn't report it (because they didn't check or because they used the in game option/didn't know about the forum option?
    - How are cheaters handled/punished? (CG does not have to name them but could very well say how in general it is being handled.
    - If cheaters can return after a temporary ban, are they being actively monitored?
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

    You do realise that in the original thread here on the forums Leviathan and Lucifersdaddy were named as the persons to contact?
    Then, some while ago mods always told people to contact Lucifersdaddy when someone asked in a thread. IIrc the original CG thread still also named Leviathan as second contact without change. But even if it was changed, there seemed to be a reason why people shouldn't contact Leviathan anymore and why it was changed to only Lucifersdaddy.

    After some time people realised that Lucifersdaddy wasn't logged in for a longer time so the threads started to get more frequent where people asked whom to report to. CGs answer was to keep reporting to Lucifersdaddy because eventhough they didn't log in, they got the reports via email.

    In the now deleted thread from sigsig, sigsig stated that they heard that Lucifersdaddy doesn't work anymore for CG for quite a while and questioned if Leviathan even still works for CG. Only after that CG changed their thread to report to Leviathan again(and removed Lucifersdaddy as contact)

    Do you not see how that is a problem? People get told to contact a person that wasn't online for a long time with assurances that the messages are still read and only after a player reveals that said contact doesn't even work for CG anymore do they change the contact to someone whom originally was named as the second contact but for some reason should not be contacted anymore.

    I think it is more than understandable that people now question the process and if Leviathan even still works for CG and if and how CG deals with cheaters given that many players still see thise reported cheaters being active after months and months (btw in my case even after more than a year).

    In addition to ZurinFet's questions I have the following:

    - Is CG even able to determine if someone cheated when the reported cheating took place a while ago because they only get to the report later/because only one person is working on the reports?
    - Are they able to check back to the time the cheating occured?
    - How far back can they check?
    - Does CG have a database with daily logs?
    - How long are they being stored?
    - How many persons are actually actively working on a daily basis on following reported cheatings?
    - Why do players not at least get a notification when the report has been recieved/is investigated?
    - Will CG actually follow through with what they assured and reimburse players when they lost rewards because of a cheater?
    - Will CG also reimburse others whom lost against the same cheater but didn't report it (because they didn't check or because they used the in game option/didn't know about the forum option?
    - How are cheaters handled/punished? (CG does not have to name them but could very well say how in general it is being handled.
    - If cheaters can return after a temporary ban, are they being actively monitored?

    All good questions, some of which I too want answers. But that doesn’t change the fact that a Community Manager did respond. And the text that was updated in the cheater section was more than a comma; prior to the edit it was to message an address that hasn’t been used for years. And I don’t exclude the possibility that there was a process change behind the scenes, like who monitors the Leviathan account, that will improve report handling. But I do know that 5 days isn’t long enough to see a change, let alone 24 hours. Priority one is handling the cheaters.

    But Zurin is right, reporting a cheater isn’t on-topic here.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Ultra
    11579 posts Moderator
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    - Is CG even able to determine if someone cheated when the reported cheating took place a while ago because they only get to the report later/because only one person is working on the reports?
    - Are they able to check back to the time the cheating occured?
    - How far back can they check?
    - Does CG have a database with daily logs?
    - How long are they being stored?
    - How many persons are actually actively working on a daily basis on following reported cheatings?
    - Why do players not at least get a notification when the report has been recieved/is investigated?
    - Will CG actually follow through with what they assured and reimburse players when they lost rewards because of a cheater?
    - Will CG also reimburse others whom lost against the same cheater but didn't report it (because they didn't check or because they used the in game option/didn't know about the forum option?
    - How are cheaters handled/punished? (CG does not have to name them but could very well say how in general it is being handled.
    - If cheaters can return after a temporary ban, are they being actively monitored?

    Some of these questions CG can't answer or won't answer (like the first 5 questions)
  • Options
    Yeah I'm all for keeping things simple 😉
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    Options
    The fact that this thread has gone this long without an official response from CG tells you all you need to know.
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    The fact that this thread has gone this long without an official response from CG tells you all you need to know.

    The fact that cheating has been a problem for so long too. Just going to the 'to catch a cheater' discord and scrolling and scrolling through the verified cheaters is staggering. Makes one wonder about any and all questionable losses...

    My lack of faith in CG is disturbing.
  • Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    The fact that this thread has gone this long without an official response from CG tells you all you need to know.

    The fact that cheating has been a problem for so long too. Just going to the 'to catch a cheater' discord and scrolling and scrolling through the verified cheaters is staggering. Makes one wonder about any and all questionable losses...

    My lack of faith in CG is disturbing.

    I think it's been about two years since they even said anything about cheating and they'll have a zero tolerance policy about it.

    Cheating is not a priority for CG because it costs them NOTHING to ignore it. Players aren't leaving because of cheaters, players are leaving because of datacrons, a lack of communication, ridiculous requirements, gear changes not being adequate, etc. If everyone in the top 50 on your shard leaves because of a cheater, they 'might' raise an eyebrow.

    You can report everyone daily, but I doubt even that will get any traction. it's not leviathan or lucifersdaddy that are the issue, it's someone above them who doesn't care about cheaters or dealing with them no matter how rampant it gets.

    But yes, if you call out cheaters publicly here by name, you will get punished more than the cheaters because that might cause trouble for CG, which would be crossing the line. CG's lawyers are probably the ones that will defend someone who breaks into your house, slips on your kitchen floor breaking their leg, and sues you for $100,000 because your house is "unsafe for burglars".
Sign In or Register to comment.