Barrissgate should have EA have given more than the 500 crystals?

Prev1
If you agree with me that EA handled it poorly and should have done more than post your reply below with what you think EA should have done.

If enough people reply and show EA 500 crystals was not enough maybe they will reconsider their actions and offer something more inline with people's expectations....(please no trolls)

Replies

• Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Enough already....
  • Sunny why dun you save your barking somewhere else?
  • Barrissgate, lol.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • No point crying over spilt water (or was it milk? English is not my first language...). I suggest you learn the lesson and think twice next time you want to spend money on this game. That's what I'll do. Further complaining is pointless.
  • You got to keep her, she's still good, you got 500 crystals for free, and she may get buffed in the future.
  • Sunnyred wrote: »
    If you agree with me that EA handled it poorly and should have done more than post your reply below with what you think EA should have done.

If enough people reply and show EA 500 crystals was not enough maybe they will reconsider their actions and offer something more inline with people's expectations....(please no trolls)

It's enough. You paid 50 for three characters, shards and crystal and not just Barriss.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Some threads should be locked and availalble only to those that made a purchase. I think all the arguments have been lay over burried in dozena of post by the user ewok, and that EA pretty much knows how different groups felt, and not much point in continuous ranting.
  • Kinda tired of these same spam threads. This has been asked and talked about since the update. Think its time to give it a rest.
  • I didn't buy anything but I would suggest that you take this all in stride at this point and move on. This issue has been addressed and EA won't be able to satisfy all involved so it's an unwinnable situation. All I can advise is that you use caution when buying packs that may contain characters who's stats are advantageous and may be reduced later....
  • Terrorize89
    434 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Seriously dude, get over it and get a life, it's Christmas and this is a game, stop whining over virtual content and bits of code, apply for the refund if you're still not happy, just shut the hell up about it.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Agreed time to move on we all know all the angles and so does ea what they do or don't do won't be influenced by a post at this point

Elsa said it best "let it go"

You don't have to forgive or forget just move forward
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • You guys are lucky you got anything you didnt even deserve 500 crystals in my opinion.
  • You guys are lucky you got anything you didnt even deserve 500 crystals in my opinion.

Well.. I'd have given them ewok shards...
  • I ve spend 2000 crystals only to purple gear her. I am still Hoping for a damage Buff on her. Maybe a new skill. 500 crystals was an insult but we have to go on. I can now live with it but i will think about spending about Money much carefulier now.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    You guys are lucky you got anything you didnt even deserve 500 crystals in my opinion.

This is not civil considering we all are saying move on , this is what jesse asked us NOT to do

Merry starwars to all and to all a good fight!
  • It was lousy compensation. However I think many people just went through apple/google and got their full refund (Plus kept the pack and got the 500 crystals).
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Kaat wrote: »
    It was lousy compensation. However I think many people just went through apple/google and got their full refund (Plus kept the pack and got the 500 crystals).

Let's not stoke this anymore , not good manners at this point this banta is way past dead so beating it is pointless now
  • I really wasn't too disappointed. I thought it was a good deal at the time. I got other things in the bundle that I was happy with... Didn't buy it just for her. She's still pretty good and I got free crystals. It hasn't ruined any enjoyment of the game.
  • As a customer that spend few hundreds on the game, the 500 crystals is meh, same as nothing, but expectation of the gift was low and it turn out is low, so i am not extremely upset although a bit offended at people or devs think we heavy p2w cares about 500 crystals.
    No i didnt apply for a refund, not going to bother over $50. however, this does make me in the future have re-think if i want to spend more money on this game like a lot have said.
    So lets just say they have successfully turn away from a lot of people who would of spend a lot more on this game.
  • Crittik
    105 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Omg stop already
    Post edited by Lightforce22 on
  • Just take it as a lesson learned. Don't pay real money for characters because they can get nerfed in the future. If you heed that advice then it's just one more thing that you won't have to complain about in the future.

This is the kind of comment that sidetracks threads. I was not lucky about 500 crystals. I get 500 Crystals every time I want in Arena, for example, today. I can buy Crystals any time I want. I can't have my Barriss back however.
  • You were either content with the compensation, or you weren't. The time for discussion has come and gone so let's move forward and let it rest.
  • 500 Crystals is better than nothing - and honestly, 'nothing' is what people should have gotten. Game balance (long term profits & consistency) far outweighs a blatant pay2win model.
  • zeekdog wrote: »
    You guys are lucky you got anything you didnt even deserve 500 crystals in my opinion.

They dont deserve ewok shards.
  • zeekdog wrote: »

Sadly its not up to you to decide, to compensate or not, to refund or not, people get to keep their barriss or not, to deal with this issue or not.
    Obviously all you can do is just troll the forum with business that you are no part of, and your opinion sadly doesnt really matter to the outcome clearly.

And days go on.....

• Wah wah wah
  • micfool wrote: »
    zeekdog wrote: »

Sadly its not up to you to decide, to compensate or not, to refund or not, people get to keep their barriss or not, to deal with this issue or not.
    Obviously all you can do is just troll the forum with business that you are no part of, and your opinion sadly doesnt really matter to the outcome clearly.

And days go on.....

So I can't give my opinion? If my opinion doesn't matter why do you reply to me, it clearly means something to you. And trolling? So since I think you pay to win players dont deserve anything for not researching what you're spending money on I'm trolling? I don't think you people understand what trolling means.

• meanpride wrote: »
    Wah wah wah

:D
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Who are any of you to say when it's time to stop complaining about añything? If Bariss threads keep showing up for 6 months, that sends a message. If your delicate sensibilities can't handle some other person being upset about a bait and switch purchase, stop clicking on the threads, and better yet... stop giving your two cents where it's not asked for. It's perfectly OK for people to be angry and continue to vent.

This thread is addressed to those of us who purchased the heroine pack. Not the peanut gallery.

To answer your question, $3 worth of crystals was nowhere near satisfactory as I am one of those people who absolutely bought it only for Bariss. Ventress and Tano both sit unused and I have had over 300k credits since before I bought the pack. Credits come faster than I can spend them.

I, however, can see that nothing more is going to be done and am thankful for one thing... that they hosed us just in time to be 100% certain I will not make the same mistake with the even more costly Kylo Ren pack. Or any pack ever again for that matter. Unless they offer Obi-wan, Boba Fett, and 100 Vader shards for 10 bucks or something. :-P
This discussion has been closed.