UAA can’t access webstore so loses the free 50 crystals

Both my son and I play SWGOH. I have a “normal” account (because I’m old), but when he signed up for the game he was honest when it asked for his age and he’s stuck with an UAA. It hasn’t been a problem - he’s in a good guild, part of my guild family. The leaders understand he can’t chat in game or see orders, but he’s on our discord so it’s not an issue, and he’s almost got his first GL.

He’s a little frustrated, however, that he can buy things in the game (it goes to my wife (his mother) for approval thru the Apple Store, he even bought the hyperdrive bundle when it went half-price with his birthday money last year) but he can’t log into the webstore (the connect button isn’t on his settings menu, I’m assuming it’s because he’s UAA, not the disappearing button). So he’s losing out on the daily free crate, namely the 50 crystals in the current flavor-of-the-day along with the energy and whatnot (fwiw, it’s the crystals that he wants).

I understand restricting kids to protect them from their own stupidity (namely spending thousands on their parents’ credit cards), but it seems slightly unfair that he can’t even get the free crate … all because he told the truth when he was asked how old he was. Is there any way around that?

(Pretty sure I already know the answer, but I promised him I would ask…)

Replies

• You can contact help, naming yourself as the owner of the account, and they can change it to being an adult.
  • StickSurfer
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Yeah, it's weird (context: I'm older than 13, but younger than 18). I contacted support about it, and the requirement is that you have to be 18 or older, regardless of where you live. Logic seems really weird, but that's apparently how it is.

You CAN however, change the age of his account by making yourself the owner (and all of its necessary details, etc), then requesting an age change through the in-game help. You'll be asked to post a form of ID to verify your age. After that, boom, your son can enjoy the free stuff.

(Also, congrats to him for almost getting his first GL. A big milestone, and I find it an impressive feat for someone that young.)

Edit: meant to say that it's a possibility but I made it seem like a guarantee. Whoops.
    Hello there.