Suggestions from a new player who was an old player

Started playing swgoh back when it was first released. Over the past year, I’ve been playing on a new account and although a lot of things are accelerated which makes things much easier, i have seen some issues that may be worth addressing…

1. Fleet ships - executrix, endurance and home one take an extremely long time to get to 7*. When most guilds are already able to compete in ds geo tb, not having a 7* fleet ship makes it impossible to participate in some battles.
2. Fleet single drops - with the accelerated character shards on most nodes, having non-accelerated ship shards is a hinderance. You are stuck farming a node you completed the character for because there is also s ship on that node. Yes, those shards can be converted but its wasting precious energy on something that should be accelerated as well due to its age.
3. Ability Mats - There is a huge bottleneck in mk 3 ability materials. It makes sense to have omegas and zetas require more time and effort due to the powerful abilities they grant, but mk 3 ability mats are required for so many more ability levels and with the accelerated character farms now, those materials are not able to keep up with demand. Omegas fallen into the same category, but obviously those are the key pieces to farm. The purple mats dont seem to help as much, so its unfortunate to have a bottleneck on them.
4. Credits - the more frequent credit heists have definitely helped in this area. However, having accelerated characters creates a need for a more consistent, large influx of credits in order to keep up with leveling, modding, and gear upgrades. This one is a lesser of an issue now with the frequency of the heists, but there is still a slow down created by a constant lack of credits.
5. Ship Omegas - Moreso than character omegas, ship ability omegas are in extremely short supply. Ships site for an extended period of time without their full abilities. This would intensify even more if ship shards dropped more frequently.

None of these things are going to make new players suddenly jump up to be anywhere near to on par with older players, but all of them are slowing down the ability to catch up in a more substantial way. What good is sitting with fully farmed squads or ships if you cant even get their abilities to use them properly? Or wasting energy on nodes you have already farmed just because a ship is not accelerated like the characters are.

Anyway, just some insights from an old player who started a new account. The collecting is still fun as always. Would just be nice to at least be able to use the characters being farmed…at least to some extent. Definitely not asking for them to be easily relic’d or zeta’d

Replies

• I think we all understand the position of newer players and their value in keeping a continual player base, especially with older players leaving due to datacrons, cheaters and other such complaints.

As always when you join or rejoin the game there will be good and bad phases/updates rolled out and whether old or new its life. I started 2016 i think, left when g11 shoretrooper was the ultimate tank. Rejoined and there was GLs but at least i had a spine of some teams but I have had to farm constantly and I think at every level theres a bottleneck mats, kyros, relic mats etc.

The thing that I tend to read on this forum is that its unfair that newer players cant catch up, you wont unless you spend and seriously spend at that. Also, imagine spending years working a roster but CG allow newer players to have it easier and match you in months, a lot of the player base is open to more gear being rewarded if earned or available to everyone equally.

CG no longer release 1 character, it will likely need a team or multiple toons to be upgraded to achieve or work with it. So in terms of focus maybe forget the accelerated characters and farm characters realistic to your own position within the game.

However, i am in total agreement where gear distribution in daily challenges, events and raids etc needs to be overhauled. But bear in mind that these bottlenecks are in place for one reason only, to make money from frustration of the player base.

• As a new player, I’ve seen some of this too. Particularly the credit and ability mats. I’ve been using the Bad Batch to advance throughout the game, and I’m constantly running out of credits and purple mats. For about two weeks, I had five characters I could seven star whenever I wanted, but could never get enough credits. It’s not unbearable, and the grind is part of the fun, but I just wish credit and mat drops could be accelerated as well.