Malevolence in gc without cooldown

13Next

Replies

  • Nauros wrote: »
    And screw the dodge feat, that one is annoying even with characters when you can consistently get foresight.
    Oh, that's the only Feat I have left. Thought the Scythe might have been needed for that.

  • StarSon
    6647 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    And screw the dodge feat, that one is annoying even with characters when you can consistently get foresight.
    Oh, that's the only Feat I have left. Thought the Scythe might have been needed for that.

    I think Scythe is supposed to make it easier, since that's how you get the extra TIEs and there's a heal and some TM gain. But just beating this GC isn't hard. Only the dodge is hard.
  • I assume it was WAI just to tune the difficultly a bit.

    In any case executrix with scythe makes mince meat of the event
  • CrispyFett
    477 posts Member
    edited January 24
    I'm stuck on the evasion feat also. Maxed all the others. I've tried it a hundred times, but no go. Been using Exec with XB, Tie, RC, reinforcing with HT, ****, TieB and TieInt. (Tried pretty much every other Cap Ship also, but this comp has gotten me the closest, like 9 evades) Anyone have luck maxing the evasion feat? If so, what team comp?
  • CrispyFett wrote: »
    I'm stuck on the evasion feat also. Maxed all the others. I've tried it a hundred times, but no go. Been using Exec with XB, Tie, RC, reinforcing with HT, ****, TieB and TieInt. (Tried pretty much every other Cap Ship also, but this comp has gotten me the closest, like 9 evades) Anyone have luck maxing the evasion feat? If so, what team comp?

    Executrix, Scythe/TB/TF starting, Hans falcon first RI, then TI and Emp Shuttle. I think I use reaper also. Took a lot of attempts. Before that I did Raddus/Resistance on Tier 7 and that worked, but couldn't hack it on the last tier.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • CrispyFett wrote: »
    I'm stuck on the evasion feat also. Maxed all the others. I've tried it a hundred times, but no go. Been using Exec with XB, Tie, RC, reinforcing with HT, ****, TieB and TieInt. (Tried pretty much every other Cap Ship also, but this comp has gotten me the closest, like 9 evades) Anyone have luck maxing the evasion feat? If so, what team comp?

    Executrix, Scythe/TB/TF starting, Hans falcon first RI, then TI and Emp Shuttle. I think I use reaper also. Took a lot of attempts. Before that I did Raddus/Resistance on Tier 7 and that worked, but couldn't hack it on the last tier.

    ok, thanks. I don't have Scythe, but at least now I know its possible lol. couple times I thought I did it but nope. if only there were a feat counter lol
  • finally got evade feat on max tier! took numerous tries and good RNG. Exec with Tie, XB & RC. reinforce: HT, Boba, M.F. and poe. only called HT after Mal ult. tried to kill IG asap, and get to exec ult. also have to keep 2 Hyenas alive so that after exec Ult can put foresight on HT to gain evades. this one was a challenge, balancing not winning too soon before 10 evades vs losing
  • CrispyFett wrote: »
    finally got evade feat on max tier! took numerous tries and good RNG. Exec with Tie, XB & RC. reinforce: HT, Boba, M.F. and poe. only called HT after Mal ult. tried to kill IG asap, and get to exec ult. also have to keep 2 Hyenas alive so that after exec Ult can put foresight on HT to gain evades. this one was a challenge, balancing not winning too soon before 10 evades vs losing

    This did the trick for me, although without poe because my exec is only 6*
  • Either way, its making a mountain out of the molehill, lets say they update the in-game text to say "Ultimate will be available turn one btw fyi not a bug stop complaining"

    How does that make any difference in your attempts at completing the GC?

    It neither makes a difference in my attempts nor is it making a mountain out of a molehill...

    ... unless you consider dishonesty a molehill rather than a mountain?

    If they give you the kits and then give you the modifiers that make the kits act differently in this GC, and between the two there is no explanation for the behaviour of the units, then either it's bugged OR it's working as intended BUT they told us they intended something else -- by specifying a kit + modifier that doesn't add up to the observed GC behaviour.

    I prefer the companies that I deal with to be honest in their communication. Bugs by their nature can't be anticipated. If they came out after the fact and said, "Whoops, bug!" that would reflect on their coding skills but not their honesty.

    And believe it or not, I'd rather have the honest but prone to bugs -- even if it means more prone than average for a company that makes mobile games.

    You can minimize this to a "molehill" if you like, but you're well aware that the forums have included repeated calls for better communication. Many things -- like creating a community answers post after a kit reveal -- show that they're listening and getting better. If this is WAI but they didn't tell us, that would argue that they're taking a step back.

    Since communication is my single biggest issue with CG, that's a big deal to me.

    I agree with the above. While I kept attempting the challenge whether it was WAI or not, I think its important that we know the modifiers for events. You could argue "How does that make any difference in your attempts at completing the _____________?" for any change to any aspect of the game. If CG suddenly changed Cpit's mechanics so that the Rancor devoured a toon every turn, you're either going to be able to complete it or not, just like the current GC. However: (1) it may change your strategy going into the event; and (ii) its nice to know how an event will work before you're going into it. Getting hit with Mal's Ult was a surprise to me initially and I adapted and changed my strategy. However, that doesn't mean I think that CG shouldn't tell us if a toon/ship's kit has been changed for a specific event.
  • The most reliable way to do the evade feat is to use the Executor lead and 3 bounty hunter attackers. Get contract as fast as possible and the ultimate. Get the enemy down to IG-2000 and a Hyena bomber and you should be down to one or two ships that will die from buzz droids and then reinforce with your HT and use your ultimate. If you can get down to your HT vs. IG-2000 and a Hyena bomber, you can prolong the battle and use the Executor healing special to grant foresight to your HT. They can't kill your HT and if you use only basics and spread the damage, you won't be able to kill any of their ships. Once you get to 10 evasions, start using the Executor special to kill the remaining ships for the win.
  • I think that using Scythe is a much more reliable way to get the Evade feat, but for people who don't have the Scythe then your method makes sense.
  • Vendi1983
    4951 posts Member
    edited January 26
    Got it in two attempts using Profundity, HMF, Ghost, Phantom, and then RI 1st Outrider, then a tank. Only real RNG factor is whether IG2K is the one that always assists or not. Hera R5, Kanan G12, others are all G11.

    Edit to add that you only need to complete Evade on T9 to Red Crate. This might help if your Phoenix aren't holding up their end of the battle.
  • Westley996 wrote: »
    The most reliable way to do the evade feat is to use the Executor lead and 3 bounty hunter attackers. Get contract as fast as possible and the ultimate. Get the enemy down to IG-2000 and a Hyena bomber and you should be down to one or two ships that will die from buzz droids and then reinforce with your HT and use your ultimate. If you can get down to your HT vs. IG-2000 and a Hyena bomber, you can prolong the battle and use the Executor healing special to grant foresight to your HT. They can't kill your HT and if you use only basics and spread the damage, you won't be able to kill any of their ships. Once you get to 10 evasions, start using the Executor special to kill the remaining ships for the win.
    A handful of tries and this worked for me.
  • I finally got it too with the scythe Tie Fighter Tie Bomber front with falcon Emp shuttle etc in reinforcements. It took a few tries but the dodge was the only thing to complete and I finally got it.

    Obviously this is working as intended because they haven't said by now that it is bugged. If it were, they'd have said something already.

    I'm sure more than one person just gave up on it and is taking a lesser reward as CG continues to increase their time expectation for us to play for 3, 5, 8, etc hours a day as if it's a full-time job for us.

    The increase in grind is just getting more and more tiresome.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    I finally got it too with the scythe Tie Fighter Tie Bomber front with falcon Emp shuttle etc in reinforcements. It took a few tries but the dodge was the only thing to complete and I finally got it.

    Obviously this is working as intended because they haven't said by now that it is bugged. If it were, they'd have said something already.

    I'm sure more than one person just gave up on it and is taking a lesser reward as CG continues to increase their time expectation for us to play for 3, 5, 8, etc hours a day as if it's a full-time job for us.

    The increase in grind is just getting more and more tiresome.

    This.

    I just simply stopped trying to get the feat because in my eyes it is not worth it to lose the time needed to try and try again for just a few more things.
    I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions how they beat it... but that is also unfortunately a point why I haven't tried further. I don't have Scythe (the Inquisitor), I don't have Executor, I tried it with the Profundity already enough times that I just lost my patience to try 1000 times more until the RNG is right. That's neither fun nor challenging!
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    I finally got it too with the scythe Tie Fighter Tie Bomber front with falcon Emp shuttle etc in reinforcements. It took a few tries but the dodge was the only thing to complete and I finally got it.

    Obviously this is working as intended because they haven't said by now that it is bugged. If it were, they'd have said something already.

    I'm sure more than one person just gave up on it and is taking a lesser reward as CG continues to increase their time expectation for us to play for 3, 5, 8, etc hours a day as if it's a full-time job for us.

    The increase in grind is just getting more and more tiresome.

    This.

    I just simply stopped trying to get the feat because in my eyes it is not worth it to lose the time needed to try and try again for just a few more things.
    I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions how they beat it... but that is also unfortunately a point why I haven't tried further. I don't have Scythe (the Inquisitor), I don't have Executor, I tried it with the Profundity already enough times that I just lost my patience to try 1000 times more until the RNG is right. That's neither fun nor challenging!

    I disagree - it definitely challenges your patience. It's the opposite of fun though. Lots of us have a shiny new toy in the Scythe, but so far all of the PVE content that wants us to use it is too difficult to be enjoyable. I went all in on inquisitors - unlocked GI in the first event, and unlocked Scythe at the end of the last conquest only to watch it get focused down right away in 90% of PVE encounters. I'm enjoying inqs in conquest - they smash most teams quite decisively - it would be nice to get that feeling when using their ships.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »

    I'm sure more than one person just gave up on it and is taking a lesser reward as CG continues to increase their time expectation for us to play for 3, 5, 8, etc hours a day as if it's a full-time job for us.

    The increase in grind is just getting more and more tiresome.
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I just simply stopped trying to get the feat because in my eyes it is not worth it to lose the time needed to try and try again for just a few more things.

    I didn't even touch the event for the first day and a half, reading this thread to see what was working. I ended up with the single omi as I wasn't going to spend the time, conquest and ROTE is eating my available gaming.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • It's the opposite of fun though.
    Not editing to agree.

    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • It's the opposite of fun though.
    Not editing to agree.

    I'm not sure I follow you. I thought it was apparent from everything that followed that sentence that I do agree that it's not fun.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • The Team is looking into this

    Fixed an AI issue with Profundity that caused it to target the wrong ships

    This error is still the same, although write what is fixed! When the flagship summons with its second ability, the AI ​​hits past the tank's aggro on any target!

  • I do agree that it's not fun.

    I was agreeing with you, just wasn't editing my previous post to do it.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
Sign In or Register to comment.