Don't change Traya's omicron

13Next

Replies

  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    .
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    I'm curious what Traya's omicron will allow her to do post nerf that she couldn't already do without it.

    It’ll still allow you to soft counter LV like before. They’re deactivating her omi against DS GL’s and made it so you aren’t getting too much offense boost now.

    So all they did was overreact and tune back her effectiveness against LV and any DS GL

    Can you expand on how it'll still soft counter LV? and before what... before the nerf or before she got the omicron in the first place?

    Before she got the omicron in the first place. Traya has always been a likely 2-hit with an outside chance to win.

    Thanks, that's kinda what I thought too. Even running an omicron Traya with LV vs LV to boost your chances doesn't work with this kind of nerf.

    Ravens1113 My question was what could she do with the omicron that she couldn't do without it...

    Before the nerf it made it possible to one shot Vader and utilize a DN lead for the 10% health reduction to reset all cool downs to make battles like GAS, DR, Malgus, and other lower meta level tiers more consistent.

    Sorry if I wasn't clear. I know what omiTraya could do before the nerf... I used it several times vs LV. I mean, what can it do with the new omicron.

    Is there anything that Traya with the nerfed omicron can do that Traya with no omicron can not do?
  • TVF
    36417 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    deleted
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    .
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    I'm curious what Traya's omicron will allow her to do post nerf that she couldn't already do without it.

    It’ll still allow you to soft counter LV like before. They’re deactivating her omi against DS GL’s and made it so you aren’t getting too much offense boost now.

    So all they did was overreact and tune back her effectiveness against LV and any DS GL

    Can you expand on how it'll still soft counter LV? and before what... before the nerf or before she got the omicron in the first place?

    Before she got the omicron in the first place. Traya has always been a likely 2-hit with an outside chance to win.

    Thanks, that's kinda what I thought too. Even running an omicron Traya with LV vs LV to boost your chances doesn't work with this kind of nerf.

    Ravens1113 My question was what could she do with the omicron that she couldn't do without it...

    Before the nerf it made it possible to one shot Vader and utilize a DN lead for the 10% health reduction to reset all cool downs to make battles like GAS, DR, Malgus, and other lower meta level tiers more consistent.

    Sorry if I wasn't clear. I know what omiTraya could do before the nerf... I used it several times vs LV. I mean, what can it do with the new omicron.

    Is there anything that Traya with the nerfed omicron can do that Traya with no omicron can not do?

    So far I don’t see anything it totally can’t. The omicron does everything it did before the nerf aside from guaranteeing a one shot against LV.

    You still have a shot against other comps like GAS and Malgus but far less likely without the omicron because the cooldowns just get wrecked.
  • I wish there was a guarantee.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    .
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    I'm curious what Traya's omicron will allow her to do post nerf that she couldn't already do without it.

    It’ll still allow you to soft counter LV like before. They’re deactivating her omi against DS GL’s and made it so you aren’t getting too much offense boost now.

    So all they did was overreact and tune back her effectiveness against LV and any DS GL

    Can you expand on how it'll still soft counter LV? and before what... before the nerf or before she got the omicron in the first place?

    Before she got the omicron in the first place. Traya has always been a likely 2-hit with an outside chance to win.

    Thanks, that's kinda what I thought too. Even running an omicron Traya with LV vs LV to boost your chances doesn't work with this kind of nerf.

    Ravens1113 My question was what could she do with the omicron that she couldn't do without it...

    Before the nerf it made it possible to one shot Vader and utilize a DN lead for the 10% health reduction to reset all cool downs to make battles like GAS, DR, Malgus, and other lower meta level tiers more consistent.

    Sorry if I wasn't clear. I know what omiTraya could do before the nerf... I used it several times vs LV. I mean, what can it do with the new omicron.

    Is there anything that Traya with the nerfed omicron can do that Traya with no omicron can not do?

    So far I don’t see anything it totally can’t. The omicron does everything it did before the nerf aside from guaranteeing a one shot against LV.

    You still have a shot against other comps like GAS and Malgus but far less likely without the omicron because the cooldowns just get wrecked.


    https://swgoh.gg/gac/who-to-attack/DARTHNIHILUS/

    Doesn't look like it was a guaranteed win vs LV. Not even a 90% win rate and a lot worse depending on the lineup. I'm curious how it would have worked if they'd just capped the % bug and left the Dark Side GL part out of it.

  • When I gave it a shot last GAC, I was sad my "guarantee" was only a 68.8% on .GG.
  • At least they haven't nerfed Fennec's omicron...
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1738 posts Member
    edited January 2023
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1738 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Space Mulan is OP... and I'm okay with that :)
  • StarSon
    7358 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »
    I wish there was a guarantee.

    I wish you posted something with some actual basis and helpfulness for once….
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    .
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    I'm curious what Traya's omicron will allow her to do post nerf that she couldn't already do without it.

    It’ll still allow you to soft counter LV like before. They’re deactivating her omi against DS GL’s and made it so you aren’t getting too much offense boost now.

    So all they did was overreact and tune back her effectiveness against LV and any DS GL

    Can you expand on how it'll still soft counter LV? and before what... before the nerf or before she got the omicron in the first place?

    Before she got the omicron in the first place. Traya has always been a likely 2-hit with an outside chance to win.

    Thanks, that's kinda what I thought too. Even running an omicron Traya with LV vs LV to boost your chances doesn't work with this kind of nerf.

    Ravens1113 My question was what could she do with the omicron that she couldn't do without it...

    Before the nerf it made it possible to one shot Vader and utilize a DN lead for the 10% health reduction to reset all cool downs to make battles like GAS, DR, Malgus, and other lower meta level tiers more consistent.

    Sorry if I wasn't clear. I know what omiTraya could do before the nerf... I used it several times vs LV. I mean, what can it do with the new omicron.

    Is there anything that Traya with the nerfed omicron can do that Traya with no omicron can not do?

    So far I don’t see anything it totally can’t. The omicron does everything it did before the nerf aside from guaranteeing a one shot against LV.

    You still have a shot against other comps like GAS and Malgus but far less likely without the omicron because the cooldowns just get wrecked.


    https://swgoh.gg/gac/who-to-attack/DARTHNIHILUS/

    Doesn't look like it was a guaranteed win vs LV. Not even a 90% win rate and a lot worse depending on the lineup. I'm curious how it would have worked if they'd just capped the % bug and left the Dark Side GL part out of it.

    Her omi made it so that if you had the right mods and relics then you could finish off LV for the one shot. Watch AhnaldT101’s videos and you’ll see how he modded to make it work.

    Now take the omi away and you can still get it down to LV but without some good AB’s and heal blocks stopping his healing it’s far more difficult now.

    If you have to two shot it anyway, then her omicron is irrelevant as a counter to LV.

    He very clearly said the omicron allows you to one shot, and without the omi you might be able to one shot but it is probably a solo LV cleanup needed. You just also needed to be properly modded, which is almost always the case with counters anyway.
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1738 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    It feels like you guys are getting your lines crossed in this discussion. Some are talking about what the omi used to do, some about what it will do now, and some about the efficacy of what it used to do.

    Everyone here knows it used to enable a counter for LV.

    Anyone who said it was guaranteed is either being disingenuous or assuming you also have the proper mods and relic levels. This should be apparent from the .gg data, which shows several fails by people assuming it was just an "I win" button with no further investment required. This is also why I was against the nerf. Even with the omi, you needed dedicted, quality mods and proper strategy to make it work (at least in 3v3).

    Few have offered concrete examples of what its nerfed state will still counter.
    • Malgus--data was pretty rough. Pretty easy to get Fear locked and cooldown increased for days, especially against quality Malgus comps
    • GAS--if you can trigger the cooldown reset on Nihilus and then get a turn before GAS increases them again... sure. I am interested to see how this plays out, but it sounds like you won't have much agency in the matter unless the clones are coded to focus Nihilus and you run Nihilus lead and Nihilus gets a turn before GAS...
    • JML. I found some YouTube vids of it in 5v5. Looks dicey but possible. I do wonder how much the extra stat scaling mattered because the videos I saw looked dicey.

    Back to Jakdnels question, I've yet to see someone offer a counter enabled by the nerfed omi that looks consistent and valuable enough to be worthy of an omi. I hope to be proven wrong this season, in which case I will reapply the omi.
  • DeusArt
    128 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    LV with Maul should be better then Traya with omicron. I’m ok with it. But my thoughts was about add Talon and Savage omicrons to Thrio and make them legend killers. With 3 omicrons it’s more than fair. Sad that CG just cut this option.
    Traya omi was a key to give life for Talon omi. Now Talon omi again became useless.
    Post edited by DeusArt on
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    It feels like you guys are getting your lines crossed in this discussion. Some are talking about what the omi used to do, some about what it will do now, and some about the efficacy of what it used to do.

    Everyone here knows it used to enable a counter for LV.

    Anyone who said it was guaranteed is either being disingenuous or assuming you also have the proper mods and relic levels. This should be apparent from the .gg data, which shows several fails by people assuming it was just an "I win" button with no further investment required. This is also why I was against the nerf. Even with the omi, you needed dedicted, quality mods and proper strategy to make it work (at least in 3v3).

    Few have offered concrete examples of what its nerfed state will still counter.
    • Malgus--data was pretty rough. Pretty easy to get Fear locked and cooldown increased for days, especially against quality Malgus comps
    • GAS--if you can trigger the cooldown reset on Nihilus and then get a turn before GAS increases them again... sure. I am interested to see how this plays out, but it sounds like you won't have much agency in the matter unless the clones are coded to focus Nihilus and you run Nihilus lead and Nihilus gets a turn before GAS...
    • JML. I found some YouTube vids of it in 5v5. Looks dicey but possible. I do wonder how much the extra stat scaling mattered because the videos I saw looked dicey.

    Back to Jakdnels question, I've yet to see someone offer a counter enabled by the nerfed omi that looks consistent and valuable enough to be worthy of an omi. I hope to be proven wrong this season, in which case I will reapply the omi.

    If you have it applied there's a better than zero chance it's gonna be available in the next GAC. It's scheduled to start on the 30th and they don't usually push updates on the weekend or Mondays.

    It would be nice to have those resources to put on a different character before the next GAC.
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    It feels like you guys are getting your lines crossed in this discussion. Some are talking about what the omi used to do, some about what it will do now, and some about the efficacy of what it used to do.

    Everyone here knows it used to enable a counter for LV.

    Anyone who said it was guaranteed is either being disingenuous or assuming you also have the proper mods and relic levels. This should be apparent from the .gg data, which shows several fails by people assuming it was just an "I win" button with no further investment required. This is also why I was against the nerf. Even with the omi, you needed dedicted, quality mods and proper strategy to make it work (at least in 3v3).

    Few have offered concrete examples of what its nerfed state will still counter.
    • Malgus--data was pretty rough. Pretty easy to get Fear locked and cooldown increased for days, especially against quality Malgus comps
    • GAS--if you can trigger the cooldown reset on Nihilus and then get a turn before GAS increases them again... sure. I am interested to see how this plays out, but it sounds like you won't have much agency in the matter unless the clones are coded to focus Nihilus and you run Nihilus lead and Nihilus gets a turn before GAS...
    • JML. I found some YouTube vids of it in 5v5. Looks dicey but possible. I do wonder how much the extra stat scaling mattered because the videos I saw looked dicey.

    Back to Jakdnels question, I've yet to see someone offer a counter enabled by the nerfed omi that looks consistent and valuable enough to be worthy of an omi. I hope to be proven wrong this season, in which case I will reapply the omi.

    If you have it applied there's a better than zero chance it's gonna be available in the next GAC. It's scheduled to start on the 30th and they don't usually push updates on the weekend or Mondays.

    It would be nice to have those resources to put on a different character before the next GAC.

    Agreed. I hope they refund it before the next GAC season begins. Doesn't seem fair to nerf it, but not refund until after GAC roster-lock
  • nomad1988
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    “Agreed. I hope they refund it before the next GAC season begins. Doesn't seem fair to nerf it, but not refund until after GAC roster-lock”

    This 100%
  • Another way to look at it. If they wait to refund/rollback the omi until after GAC lock, you get a free trial period of 1 week to see how the new version works (or doesn't).
  • Another way to look at it. If they wait to refund/rollback the omi until after GAC lock, you get a free trial period of 1 week to see how the new version works (or doesn't).

    What's free about it? It cost 20 omicron mats...
  • TVF
    36417 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Another way to look at it. If they wait to refund/rollback the omi until after GAC lock, you get a free trial period of 1 week to see how the new version works (or doesn't).

    What's free about it? It cost 20 omicron mats...

    You already spent that. It's free to get more information about it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Another way to look at it. If they wait to refund/rollback the omi until after GAC lock, you get a free trial period of 1 week to see how the new version works (or doesn't).

    What's free about it? It cost 20 omicron mats...

    You already spent that. It's free to get more information about it.

    I guess, but when I spent those mats it was after seeing what it was doing. It was an informed spend. I didn't sign up to be a beta tester.

    That's why I was asking what it could do now because I doubt it'll counter LV anymore.

    I'm currently out 20 omicron mats that I could use elsewhere. I don't see that as free. I see it as bait and switch, (albeit temporary and not really a huge issue)
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    I didn't sign up to be a beta tester.
    And yet, here we all are.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Another way to look at it. If they wait to refund/rollback the omi until after GAC lock, you get a free trial period of 1 week to see how the new version works (or doesn't).

    What's free about it? It cost 20 omicron mats...

    You already spent that. It's free to get more information about it.

    I guess, but when I spent those mats it was after seeing what it was doing. It was an informed spend. I didn't sign up to be a beta tester.

    That's why I was asking what it could do now because I doubt it'll counter LV anymore.

    I'm currently out 20 omicron mats that I could use elsewhere. I don't see that as free. I see it as bait and switch, (albeit temporary and not really a huge issue)

    Considering you waited to see what it was doing before spent those mats, it means you waited to see it in action through other players first hand experience in gac.
    So it would be only logical to do the exact same thing, waiting for next gac to see what traya 2.0 is able to do before deciding to apply those mats somewhere else. To be fair, I’ll do the exact same thing.
    So as long as you get those mats for the second week of gac, it’s not really an issue.

  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Another way to look at it. If they wait to refund/rollback the omi until after GAC lock, you get a free trial period of 1 week to see how the new version works (or doesn't).

    What's free about it? It cost 20 omicron mats...

    You already spent that. It's free to get more information about it.

    I guess, but when I spent those mats it was after seeing what it was doing. It was an informed spend. I didn't sign up to be a beta tester.

    That's why I was asking what it could do now because I doubt it'll counter LV anymore.

    I'm currently out 20 omicron mats that I could use elsewhere. I don't see that as free. I see it as bait and switch, (albeit temporary and not really a huge issue)

    Considering you waited to see what it was doing before spent those mats, it means you waited to see it in action through other players first hand experience in gac.
    So it would be only logical to do the exact same thing, waiting for next gac to see what traya 2.0 is able to do before deciding to apply those mats somewhere else. To be fair, I’ll do the exact same thing.
    So as long as you get those mats for the second week of gac, it’s not really an issue.

    Fair point. If they refund before GAC lock and I move Traya's omicron to someone else then I might not be able to reapply to Traya if it turns out 2.0 is decent after the first week of the next GAC (depending on how many omicron mats I currently have and how many I can get in ~10 days or so).
Sign In or Register to comment.