Updates for character sort UI

Here are a few suggestions for updating the way characters can be sorted:
  1. Rarity - I think the rarity sort should take into account the number of shards a character has. For example, a 6-star character with 99/100 shards is much closer to 7-star than the one with 1/100 shards.
  2. Gear Tier - This should really be Gear Tier/Relic Level, since relics are a natural extension of the gear tier. I know others have asked for a relic sort, I believe this is an easy way to do it. I'm not sure if number of gear equipped would be too much to suggest as well...
  3. Name - I'm not sure why this doesn't exist in its own right, since it's the default subsort after basically any other sort selection.
  4. Subsort - Honestly, this the real suggestion of this post. It would be nice to select a few sort options (maybe up to 5) with name always being the final sort method. Then the previous suggestions become adding new shard number sort, relic level sort, and equipped gear sort so that I can just build the above scenarios myself. I'm sure the mod sort UI could benefit from this idea as well.
  5. Favorite If allowing multiple subsorts, I would add favorite sort as an option for completion's sake. Then we can recreate the current "All" default of favorite, then power, then name.

Replies

• Options
    One thing for each.

Rarity: The point is to find what star rarity is at. Just because a character has just been unlocked and has all shards to 7 star doesn't mean they are 7 star. This just isn't needed.

Gear Tier: Its fine how it is. Relic tier is needed as an input sort, but the gear tier isn't needed for more specific sorting.

Name: In every sorting category, if there are multiple characters that meet the same conditions, its already in alphabetical order.

Subsort: definity needed, no comment.

Favorite: sure, ill accept it.
    Once a Jedi, always a Jedi. Wait... never mind.
  • Options
    Rarity: The point is to find what star rarity is at. Just because a character has just been unlocked and has all shards to 7 star doesn't mean they are 7 star. This just isn't needed.
    To clarify, I was intending the shards to be a subsort, after the rarity. If a 1-star character had all shards needed to 7-star, they would just be listed first among the 1-star characters, not with the 7-stars. The idea is to know which characters are closest to being promoted, or in this example, ready for promotion. I'm assuming if you're sorting by rarity, odds are you care about that sort of thing.
    An interesting side point, characters that haven't been activated yet are default sorted by the percent of shards a player has towards activating them, so the concept kinda already exists in the game. The idea is just to apply that to each rarity level as a subsort, so it should be pretty easy for the devs to add.
    Gear Tier: Its fine how it is. Relic tier is needed as an input sort, but the gear tier isn't needed for more specific sorting.
    I don't think we necessarily need a separate Relic sort, since it would only apply to G13 anyway. I can't think of a scenario in which you would need/want them done separately. Gear 13, Relic 1 is basically Gear 14. It would be a different story if G12 also had relics or an actual G14 was added somehow.
    Name: In every sorting category, if there are multiple characters that meet the same conditions, its already in alphabetical order.
    True, but there's no way to just list them alphabetically, without considering some other condition first. I don't think it's an important request by any means, I just find it strange that you can't do it, especially since it is such a standard way of sorting things and it seems so trivial to add as a sort option.