regarding Traya Omni refund

Prev13
pHoEniX2
10 posts Member
edited January 2023
You know, I spend a lot of time playing this game and have for at least 8 years. That to me speaks of loyalty and obviously I get something out of this game. I haven't had too many issues in the past, but now that I have and was looking for resolution my interaction with customer support was less than desirable. Anyone else having these kinds of problems?
1qpc5akk8xdr.jpg
whnk3cy732t9.jpg
bk6yj6a1zsbx.jpg
xgx4kfcymrq1.jpg
pdtk0esgb0i1.jpg
lfq035838ox4.jpg
ttkx3zpbe1sf.jpg
r4xiy4ww3cde.jpg

Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Did you make the upgrade before or after Traya got nerfed?
    Hello there.
  • If it's before, then that is indeed unjust. If after, there's really nothing you can do about it.
    Hello there.
  • It's hard to say because I hadn't seen any messaging regarding the text change so I rushed to go get her omni. However, the responses from customer service just really rub me the wrong way.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Customer Service isn't wrong here
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    pHoEniX2 wrote: »
    It's hard to say because I hadn't seen any messaging regarding the text change so I rushed to go get her omni. However, the responses from customer service just really rub me the wrong way.

They were very professional, they just can't help you

You knew she was getting her kit changed before you applied the omicron and yet you still applied thinking the change hadn't gone through

And nothing they did was disloyal or dishonest about it, this is all on you
  • Actually, I only saw discussions of the potential nerf. I also saw discussions that because she was a raid character then there was potential for her omni not to change.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Did you contact customer service the same day you applied Traya's omicron?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Not really relevant but you can't have played for at least 8 years.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yes, shortly after I figured out the text had changed. But as I mentioned in my message I was excited to apply after getting my last two mats that I didn't notice if the messaging had changed. Regardless, the clear message that customer service sends is that all transactions are FINAL even though they are not.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Yes, shortly after I figured out the text had changed. But as I mentioned in my message I was excited to apply after getting my last two mats that I didn't notice if the messaging had changed. Regardless, the clear message that customer service sends is that all transactions are FINAL even though they are not.

So I looked at the timeline of events

The post you are quoting is from January 24th where CG said "In tomorrow's update" (25th)

You got your last two mats on the 27th and applied on Traya on the 27th (Friday)

Given timezones,its possible you contacted them on Thursday, way past 24 hours after the omicron change had already took place but Galactic Challenge to get the last 2 mats runs on Fri-Sun

So the whole argument that you applied the same day as it got changed isn't true either
  • TVF wrote: »

I installed the game Nov 2014
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Yes, shortly after I figured out the text had changed. But as I mentioned in my message I was excited to apply after getting my last two mats that I didn't notice if the messaging had changed. Regardless, the clear message that customer service sends is that all transactions are FINAL even though they are not.

The post you are quoting is from January 24th where CG said "In tomorrow's update" (25th)

You got your last two mats on the 27th and applied on Traya on the 27th (Friday)

Given timezones,its possible you contacted them on Thursday, way past 24 hours after the omicron change had already took place but Galactic Challenge to get the last 2 mats runs on Fri-Sun

So the whole argument that you applied the same day as it got changed isn't true either

Actually, it was after midnight on the 26th so I was waiting for rewards to provide my mats on the 25th.ycm5ll6st78y.jpg
  • pHoEniX2 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

That is impressive, given how it was released in November 2015.
    Ultra wrote: »

Actually, it was after midnight on the 26th so I was waiting for rewards to provide my mats on the 25th.ycm5ll6st78y.jpg

What's your timezone?
    Hello there.

To be fair to the OP, the patch notes still do not mention to new DS GL clause to the Omicron.

They wouldn't be wrong to assume the only change was the bug fix for her stacking bonus stats too high.
  • pHoEniX2
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Stokat wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

That is impressive, given how it was released in November 2015.

Sorry, I remembered Nov, but you are correct 2015... so 7 years.

What's your timezone?

Central
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Sucks that you couldn't get a refund but it is what it is

That's how customer service interactions usually go, sometimes you are lucky enough to get a refund, sometimes not

I'll try and ask meathead and crumb if they can do something about it on monday (no guarantee they will) but if not, then you gotta stick with what you have
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

To be fair to the OP, the patch notes still do not mention to new DS GL clause to the Omicron.

They wouldn't be wrong to assume the only change was the bug fix for her stacking bonus stats too high.

He definitely did it within a few hours of the update, and i doubt there was an in-game mail about the change, so I don't blame the OP for what happened

He definitely did it within a few hours of the update, and i doubt there was an in-game mail about the change, so I don't blame the OP for what happened

If my calculations are correct, he sought for a refund on the Midnight of CG's 26th: at least 12 hours after the update.

To be very fair, there is no way he could've known there was a nerf in-game without rereading the ability clause...and I doubt anyone does that after already reading it.
    Hello there.

What's your timezone?

Central

Do you remember when you applied the Omicron?
    Hello there.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

If my calculations are correct, he sought for a refund on the Midnight of CG's 26th: at least 12 hours after the update.

To be very fair, there is no way he could've known there was a nerf in-game without rereading the ability clause...and I doubt anyone does that after already reading it.

I don't think 12 hours is enough time for someone to know an omicron ability was changed without any explicit in-game messaging (and even then I would give the player some benefit of the doubt)

Might have a busy day or doesn't check the updates often etc
    Sucks that you couldn't get a refund but it is what it is

That's how customer service interactions usually go, sometimes you are lucky enough to get a refund, sometimes not

I'll try and ask meathead and crumb if they can do something about it on monday (no guarantee they will) but if not, then you gotta stick with what you have

Thanks Ultra, I wouldn't expect any change and it's certainly not going to keep me from playing, but I will certain be sure to read the fine print in the future. =)

I don't think 12 hours is enough time for someone to know an omicron ability was changed without any explicit in-game messaging (and even then I would give the player some benefit of the doubt)

Might have a busy day or doesn't check the updates often etc

And thus, the existence of the last paragraph.
    Hello there.

What's your timezone?

Central

Between 2am (reward payout for GC) and 3am when I submitted the support request.
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Given it's a GaC Omi , and it was active in the last round of gac , but won't be in the first round of the next one , the benefit of applying after nerf announcement and before the refund is zero. Given this, why not just remove all Traya Omis and refund on the same day for all players regardless of when it was applied?

What's your timezone?

Central

Between 2am (reward payout for GC) and 3am when I submitted the support request.

Oh nvm. I think your only hope now is the dev team being merciful.
    Hello there.
  • i mean there is a lot of text here so I didn't read everything, but the traya omi refund hasn't been done yet as it is so there is a chance you could still get a refund I think. at least my omi hasn't been refunded yet
  • wildnz wrote: »
    Given it's a GaC Omi , and it was active in the last round of gac , but won't be in the first round of the next one , the benefit of applying to before the refund is zero. Given this, why not just remove all Traya Omis and refund on the same day for all players regardless of when it was applied?

Right, but this was after the update, after (I believe) everyone else was refunded or when the refunds began rolling out.

If you're asking why it can't be done all at once, my guess would be that the servers can't handle the strain of a thousand accounts being rolled back all at once, though this is probably incorrect.
    Hello there.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    flux_rono wrote: »
    i mean there is a lot of text here so I didn't read everything, but the traya omi refund hasn't been done yet as it is so there is a chance you could still get a refund I think. at least my omi hasn't been refunded yet

Yeah but will OP be included in that refund pool or did he miss the window for a refund?

It’s good OP is being proactive rather than taking a wait and see and then complain approach