What is the best team to counter The Bad Batch?

DarthDavanus
46 posts Member
edited April 12
I've been facing the Bad batch quite a bit recently in Galactic War, and I always struggle against those dudes.

What is the best team to counter them?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Replies

• Options
    CLS as Leader, Han, Chewie, Chewpio, and C3P0

Han shoots first and you want to target Echo first. Kill him and then Wrecker (cuz of his taunt) and then the last 3. If you can target Tech (he's often stealthed) I would get him as soon as possible after Echo..
  • Options
    What level are you at the moment? Low level bad batch isn’t very good against a decent Phoenix team, but if they’re evenly matched they will destroy it. I don’t really know any good counters because I use a level 79 Bad Batch as my main team and they destroy everyone.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options
    I normally use Revan and it works pretty good.

JKR, Bastilla, Jolee, GMY and Plo Koon (or whom ever you have as fifth)

Just make sure to get rid of Echo first, then Tech, Hunter, Wrecker (sometimes you have to get rid of him before if his taunt gets in your way) and Omega as last.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Pretty much anything faster than opponents Echo, which lets you stun or kill Echo from the get go.
  • Options
    Crosshair wrote: »
    What level are you at the moment? Low level bad batch isn’t very good against a decent Phoenix team, but if they’re evenly matched they will destroy it. I don’t really know any good counters because I use a level 79 Bad Batch as my main team and they destroy everyone.

This is my main squad line-up at the moment. Yeah, it's a pretty poor one.
    63526tbvpt1k.png
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I normally use Revan and it works pretty good.

JKR, Bastilla, Jolee, GMY and Plo Koon (or whom ever you have as fifth)

Just make sure to get rid of Echo first, then Tech, Hunter, Wrecker (sometimes you have to get rid of him before if his taunt gets in your way) and Omega as last.

Thanks! I'll use your advice on who to take out first. I'm still several lightyears away from unlocking JKR. :'(:D
  • Options
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    CLS as Leader, Han, Chewie, Chewpio, and C3P0

Han shoots first and you want to target Echo first. Kill him and then Wrecker (cuz of his taunt) and then the last 3. If you can target Tech (he's often stealthed) I would get him as soon as possible after Echo..

Same here. But after echo I usually just remove wrecker's taunt with CLS and focus on someone else as soon as possible (tech if he's not stealthed).
  • Options
    Assuming you can get Traya, hit Tech with Isolate. No one will be able to get Translation.

You may want to get characters that can specifically dispel stealth to deal with the constant stealth synergy. Mass buff dispel is a good idea if you've managed to somehow hit healing immunity on all of them.

Dash Rendar can be useful for getting rid of them. A powerful team with Mace (I recommend putting a Zeta on This Party's Over) with a unit who can dispel ally debuffs is also a good call.
    Hello there.
  • Options
    At that level I recommend unlocking Bastila Shan to lead Mace and whatever Jedi you have. The bonus protection always starts fresh each mission of Gal War, making them able to deal with all sorts.
  • Options
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Crosshair wrote: »

This is my main squad line-up at the moment. Yeah, it's a pretty poor one.
    63526tbvpt1k.png

Some squads that have given me trouble in the past are Mara Jade, Thrawn, Vader, Palpatine and Tarkin. If you can unlock these guys, you definitely should. The debuffs they enflict basically make the bad batch’s attacks irrelevant.

P.S, if you’re losing a galactic war battle, you can just leave the battle at the cost of your progress. It will give you more time to prepare.
  • Options
    Assuming you can get Traya, hit Tech with Isolate. No one will be able to get Translation.

You may want to get characters that can specifically dispel stealth to deal with the constant stealth synergy. Mass buff dispel is a good idea if you've managed to somehow hit healing immunity on all of them.

Dash Rendar can be useful for getting rid of them. A powerful team with Mace (I recommend putting a Zeta on This Party's Over) with a unit who can dispel ally debuffs is also a good call.

I doubt I can get Traya anytime soon, but I've got Dash Rendar from this month's login calendar. I can work on him.
  • Options
    Try upgrading his second special ability.
    Hello there.
  • DarthDavanus
    46 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Pryrates wrote: »
    Easy Ftp counter is EP, Vader, Thrawn, plus tank and another. Vader's merc massacre will do just that. Target Echo first.

Yeah, I'm working to unlock EP and Thrawn. Still pretty far away from unlocking both. :/
    Try upgrading his second special ability.

Okay, thanks for the advice.
  • mfp
    3 posts Member
    Options
    FWIW, at lv75 I faced another 75 that was using bad batch without omega, with Fives as leader. My team char levels were 68~70, his ~72 iirc, and it gave me tons of trouble.

In the end the team that won it was Old Ben, Mace, KRU, Erza, Palpatine. As you say here, I zerged his Echo and Tech first. Palp's shock stops heals and prevents guys from getting the evasion and hp buffs, or in theory even preemptively blocks the tank's taunt - as long as you keep Tech's cleanse away with ability lock (Mace, Ben) or stun (Mace, KRU, Palp). Erza cleans enemy buffs/taunts and his 3rd skill lets you use an extra Palp or Mace basic for the shock or ability block early on or top up your tank shields later on. Palp died fairly quick but one of his shocks lingered on enough after him to still be useful, when I lost control of Tech for a turn and he luckily burned his team heal in vain instead of using the cleanse+cloak... so add luck or stupid enemy AI to my side I guess. Ben was mostly decoration, I don't think he landed more than a single ability block, and idk if anyone evaded anything clutch due to him either, but whatever. No healer aside of KRU's uber self heal, but both Erza and Mace can also boost shields so it was good enough.

I did dozens of retries with a few other combinations of characters: a decent black trooper droid thing that starts with stacks for 4x damage basic attack, was working well the early rounds especially with extra attacks from the Mace/Erza assists, got me close a few times but quickly loses its stacks; Barris, an uber healer, but fast early damage was more important; Cal Kestis, giving serious speed buffs/debuffs, but they weren't sticking for long if your cc slipped up. Ultimately perhaps any of them could've worked in place of Ben with another retry or 20... you can probably plug anything else instead of him too. Or perhaps his evasion and ability block were more useful than I realized, idk.

KRU and Erza were from my main team, Mace was occasionally invested in for fleet action and topped up with some skill points and health mods for this occasion as he seemed crucial for me to have a chance, Ben counts as "retired" former main team, so all were 7 star, purple 1 or 2 gear. Palp was the 5 stars from minimal unlock but with good bit of investment for my anti-jedi and anti-heal needs. I guess that's common enough. I hope this helps people googling up the thread because they're stick on such enemy with somewhat basic rosters like me.
This discussion has been closed.