The Chimaera

Prev1
AlFuego
39 posts Member
edited February 2023
Why is chimaera so weak now? Considering it is a legendary Capital ship, not to mention piloted by Grand Admiral Thrawn(tactical genius) , it’s ultimately the second to worst Capital ship in the game now. You would think being it is “legendary” it would be able to top most basic Capitol ships aside from TB capitals, executor and profundity, yet it does not. It gets smoked by resistance and first order Capital ships, lol. Can’t beat ackbar or tarkin, again, highly unlikely that in a space battle Thrawn would lose to those guys. At this point in the game he’s only better than mace windu when it comes to Capital ships. Just feels off to me. Waaay off. Needs a buff IMO.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Nah. I’m consistent ranked 25-15 on my fleet shard with Thrawn, against Negotiators/Malevolences. I’ve beaten Executor with Thrawn/Empire too.

Either you don’t know how to use it, your fleet is trash, or both.
  • Or your in a weak shard.
  • You’re
  • SWGOH.gg will tell you by game stats that it is the second weakest in the game. It’s not an opinion thing. You must be one of the 58 players, in the entire game, ranking in the top 50 with a chimaera lead. Good try though.
  • Or your gaming chair is not good...
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • Mmm, what is this gaming chair you speak of, me wants.
  • Hmm weird, the data in my swgoh.gg GAC counter shows Chimaera
    vs Negotiator: ~90% win rate
    vd Raddus: 100%
    vs Home One: 100%
  • 3738dx8j5nuq.png
    Hmm, interesting, here’s a screenshot that shows otherwise.
  • Now if your talking your personal, going up against random non meta fleets, then maybe, and also that varies on how often you use it in comparison to others, but for the community as a whole, well, not so much, but nice try .
  • l5jl7pv6tdu7.jpeg
    I’m well aware how the ship works, but it’s easily beaten by non legendary ships and Thrawn is heralded as one of the , if not the, best fleet captains in the Star Wars universe. I currently am the only non profundity/executor fleets in my shard, but with tarkin, not Thrawn, and Thrawn will just not get the trick done in arena. Stats show it, plain and simple. What you guys wouldn’t like a buff to Chimaera to bring it back close to its glory days . I sure would.
  • womfezu9j0jc.jpegHere I shoulda left the sidebar I. So we can all see how long ago this was.
  • Those stats are not reflective of what you think they are, try again.
  • I think the broader point about Chimaera is that it was a meta ship on release but that was a few years ago and there of course has been power creep and meta shifts since. There has been the recent Empire ships that may help it out a bit.

Anecdote alert. My Chimaera actually held during the GAC match that ended yesterday. Probably got me the win.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Of course, but claiming Chimaera is the second worst fleet in the game and trying to back it up with an inaccurate understanding of how to read data is just… wrong.

Listen, nothing is getting buffed on older units unless it’s also being monetized in some way. Which it was, with Defender/Interceptor. The new ships that were released were the buffs. The Imperial fleet is quite good now, and can beat almost any other fleet in the game, of course taking comps and relative relics into consideration. FO also beats Executor in some cases - does that mean Executor is trash?? 😂
  • Home One should beat the Executor, but that’s a different story. Or the actual story. This is just a game.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • It can. You just have to use a burner fleet first to disrupt their cooldowns.
  • Maybe it’ll be able to one shot Executor when CG finally releases the A-wing… ;)
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    AlFuego wrote: »
    highly unlikely that in a space battle Thrawn would lose to those guys.

Completely irrelevant.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • AlFuego wrote: »
    Why is chimaera so weak now? Considering it is a legendary Capital ship, not to mention piloted by Grand Admiral Thrawn(tactical genius) , it’s ultimately the second to worst Capital ship in the game now. You would think being it is “legendary” it would be able to top most basic Capitol ships aside from TB capitals, executor and profundity, yet it does not. It gets smoked by resistance and first order Capital ships, lol. Can’t beat ackbar or tarkin, again, highly unlikely that in a space battle Thrawn would lose to those guys. At this point in the game he’s only better than mace windu when it comes to Capital ships. Just feels off to me. Waaay off. Needs a buff IMO.

With the help of Defender i beat Executor with a very satisfying win rate using Chimaera. Not sure it was intended and it might get nerfed, but Defender making Thrawn shine seems about right.
  • Defender slaps with Chimaera! Add interceptor and you get much faster access to his ult which is super powerful. I’ve had matches I thought I was about to lose, turn around instantly when I get to the ult. Against Negotiators/Malevolences.

Actually while we’re on this topic - I do struggle with several others on my shard putting Han’s Falcon in reinforcements, and when he comes out he usually cripples my fleet, haven’t figured out a way to deal with that one yet yet. Any suggestions?

If the Imperial fleet needs anything, and this isn’t specific to one capital ship, it’s maybe that it can be very sensitive to bad rng in who gets targeted in the opening salvo by opponents. Very easy to lose a critical ship before you get a chance to get the fleet going, but also my ships/pilots aren’t all maxed out yet, so I can’t comment on that level of play.

Just need to get on my Inquisitor grind and add Scythe to the mix…maybe I’ll get there in maybe about a year or so… heh.. 😬
  • KDC99X wrote: »
    Of course, but claiming Chimaera is the second worst fleet in the game and trying to back it up with an inaccurate understanding of how to read data is just… wrong.

Listen, nothing is getting buffed on older units unless it’s also being monetized in some way. Which it was, with Defender/Interceptor. The new ships that were released were the buffs. The Imperial fleet is quite good now, and can beat almost any other fleet in the game, of course taking comps and relative relics into consideration. FO also beats Executor in some cases - does that mean Executor is trash?? 😂

And how exactly am I not understanding the data. It’s the number of top 10 ships rank 1, chimaera is at 58, 3rd lowest in the game. It’s at 51 today. So please explain what I’m not understanding here.
  • Excuse me, it’s fourth lowest, raddus was cut from the screenshot.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

With the help of Defender i beat Executor with a very satisfying win rate using Chimaera. Not sure it was intended and it might get nerfed, but Defender making Thrawn shine seems about right.

Hmm, I do have Tie Defender at 7*, ima swap out my Executrix for Chimaera and see if I get the same feeling I used to get back when. Are you calling it in reinforcements?

• Deathbringer59
    579 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Chimera really isn't the problem, it's a pretty good Capital ship. It needs more ships to go with it. Tie Defender is a good one but not enough yet. If they want to make Chimera stronger, they would release another ship to go with him. I don't think he needs one though. Profundity and Executor are currently dooking it out and it's pretty nice.

FO, profundity, mal can beat Excutor
    Executor, mal, empire can beat profundity

The ship Meta is kinda nice,
  • Chimera really isn't the problem, it's a pretty good Capital ship. It needs more ships to go with it. Tie Defender is a good one but not enough yet. If they want to make Chimera stronger, they would release another ship to go with him. I don't think he needs one though. Profundity and Executor are currently dooking it out and it's pretty nice.

FO and mal beats

Right, I guess I just want it to be a little beefier, than it feels. I’d prefer to run chimaera over Executrix, but I get more wins and stay top 50 pretty easily with Tarkin, but I just wanna use Thrawn, 😭.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

Would you mind telling me your ships you use to start and reinforce. I’ve got all empire at 7*, except for interceptor. Is it key?
  • 1) That data you showed isn’t a ranking of the ship meta or which fleet beats which. It just how many of each fleet are in the #1 ranking in shards. Those are not the same thing.

2) I usually run x1, Fighter, Bomber in the starting lineup, and then Interceptor, Shuttle, Gauntlet, and Defender in reinforcements, who gets called first varies. Not sure if it’s the optimal lineup or not, I’m still playing with it, Interceptor is nice bc it reduces ALL cap ship cooldowns by 1 if x1 is present and it’s in reinforcements, however it does limit your fleet to ONLY Imperial/Sith/Inquisitorius. I haven’t tried using Defender w/o Interceptor yet. As I said, I can usually beat Negotiators consistently except when Han’s Millenium Falcon is in reinforcements - considering trying dropping Interceptor for HT and see if that helps with this. Malevolence near 100% win rate if you play it right. Same against Home One. Slapped the snot out of a 5* Executor the other day but lost to a 7*, I think it may be somewhat dependent on how the opening breach/mark goes down.

For reference my ships/pilots are:
    7*x1 / r7 DV
    7* Fighter / r5 TFP
    7* Bomber
    5* Interceptor / 6* g11 2S
    5* Shuttle / r7 EP, r5 RG
    7* Gauntlet / g7 GS, 6* g8 ISC
    5* Defender / g11 IV

So as you can see, still quite far from optimal, yet quite potent nonetheless.
  • I guess your definition of meta is more like how many times a fleet can hold against other fleets defensively in autoplay mode... in this sense yeah, maybe Chimera is second worst.

But then it's not really relevant, because usually there is human interaction involved in this game. One way or the other... Sure some humans might play worse than the AI in auto mode..
  • KDC99X wrote: »
    1) That data you showed isn’t a ranking of the ship meta or which fleet beats which. It just how many of each fleet are in the #1 ranking in shards. Those are not the same thing.

2) I usually run x1, Fighter, Bomber in the starting lineup, and then Interceptor, Shuttle, Gauntlet, and Defender in reinforcements, who gets called first varies. Not sure if it’s the optimal lineup or not, I’m still playing with it, Interceptor is nice bc it reduces ALL cap ship cooldowns by 1 if x1 is present and it’s in reinforcements, however it does limit your fleet to ONLY Imperial/Sith/Inquisitorius. I haven’t tried using Defender w/o Interceptor yet. As I said, I can usually beat Negotiators consistently except when Han’s Millenium Falcon is in reinforcements - considering trying dropping Interceptor for HT and see if that helps with this. Malevolence near 100% win rate if you play it right. Same against Home One. Slapped the snot out of a 5* Executor the other day but lost to a 7*, I think it may be somewhat dependent on how the opening breach/mark goes down.

For reference my ships/pilots are:
    7*x1 / r7 DV
    7* Fighter / r5 TFP
    7* Bomber
    5* Interceptor / 6* g11 2S
    5* Shuttle / r7 EP, r5 RG
    7* Gauntlet / g7 GS, 6* g8 ISC
    5* Defender / g11 IV

So as you can see, still quite far from optimal, yet quite potent nonetheless.

Right and that’s exactly what I said it was, I never said anything about GAC counters, that was someone else. I was speaking about fleet arena, and how it’s not in the top anymore, someone else said that GAC counter stuff.

• I never said anything about GAC either.

Again, number of #1 placements IS NOT relative ranking of fleet strength, which is what your asserting. Several of those fleets have 0 in #1 spots, so their positioning on the list is completely interchangeable.

As just mentioned, if you’re talking strictly about how well a ship holds defensively, that’s different, and yeah Chimaera is not the top defensive fleet - but that’s NOT the same as saying it’s the second weakest fleet in the game.