The Chimaera

2Next

Replies

• Chimera really isn't the problem, it's a pretty good Capital ship. It needs more ships to go with it. Tie Defender is a good one but not enough yet. If they want to make Chimera stronger, they would release another ship to go with him. I don't think he needs one though. Profundity and Executor are currently dooking it out and it's pretty nice.

FO, profundity, mal can beat Excutor
    Executor, mal, empire can beat profundity

The ship Meta is kinda nice,

I hadn’t even gone against a profundity because I just assumed I would get smoked, like I do against executor, however I just beat 2 in a row. Used Executrix though, couldn’t get it done with Chimaera, I think once I add the interceptor into the mix that might help with Chimaera more. I will say it was an easy win with Executrix, OG Tie and Defender we’re dodging way more often than without the defender in the mix.
  • KDC99X wrote: »
    I never said anything about GAC either.

Again, number of #1 placements IS NOT relative ranking of fleet strength, which is what your asserting. Several of those fleets have 0 in #1 spots, so their positioning on the list is completely interchangeable.

As just mentioned, if you’re talking strictly about how well a ship holds defensively, that’s different, and yeah Chimaera is not the top defensive fleet - but that’s NOT the same as saying it’s the second weakest fleet in the game.

I am simply going off the fleet meta, that is what I’m discussing, not GAC, defensive quality or anything else you keep adding to the conversation. I corrected my self when I said second worst and that it should have been fourth worst, in the meta. I’m 100% sure of how the stats for the meta read. It’s pretty basic, and to boot my point if the ship was that good still it wouldn’t see so little usage and so few rank 1 leaders. Executrix and Finalizer heavily outrank it in fleet arena when it come to top score, and they’re not legendary, I just believe that Chimaera being legendary, it should see higher representation amongst the fleet meta. And it does not.
  • Wow. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, huh?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    AlFuego wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    AlFuego wrote: »
    Why is chimaera so weak now? Considering it is a legendary Capital ship, not to mention piloted by Grand Admiral Thrawn(tactical genius) , it’s ultimately the second to worst Capital ship in the game now. You would think being it is “legendary” it would be able to top most basic Capitol ships aside from TB capitals, executor and profundity, yet it does not. It gets smoked by resistance and first order Capital ships, lol. Can’t beat ackbar or tarkin, again, highly unlikely that in a space battle Thrawn would lose to those guys. At this point in the game he’s only better than mace windu when it comes to Capital ships. Just feels off to me. Waaay off. Needs a buff IMO.

With the help of Defender i beat Executor with a very satisfying win rate using Chimaera. Not sure it was intended and it might get nerfed, but Defender making Thrawn shine seems about right.

Would you mind telling me your ships you use to start and reinforce. I’ve got all empire at 7*, except for interceptor. Is it key?

Sith bomber (could work with tie bomber but sith is better in this case), vader, fighter. Interceptor on the bench is mandatory to give you first turn ri. Defender is mandatory as first ri to stun rc and feed you tm for the rest of the fight. Scythe as 2nd ri is awesome and improve the win rate.

If you have every empire ships (+sith bomber if possible), you can basically beat any fleet in the game by changing your capital ship (tarkin/thrawn) and line-up, even the big ones (Tarkin will beat Prof and Thrawn Exe). That’s pretty cool.