New raid changes

Replies

• (And for the record I also vastly prefer the new system)
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    If they did the hero stuff to distract us why was that at the end of the post.

People tend to remember what they read last the most, it's the "closure". That's why you always should use your strongest arguments/points/message at the end of a letter/mail etc.

Like performing tasks in reverse order, as the person giving orders will remember the last task given as the most important.
  • TVF
    36585 posts Member
    Lumiya wrote: »
    If they did the hero stuff to distract us why was that at the end of the post.

People tend to remember what they read last the most, it's the "closure". That's why you always should use your strongest arguments/points/message at the end of a letter/mail etc.

Like performing tasks in reverse order, as the person giving orders will remember the last task given as the most important.

Half the people here will have long stopped listening by the time the last task is given out.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Does it mean that they will no longer get ANY of the new currency (i.e. "you are no longer getting it"), no. Of course not.

Just wanted to cherry pick this to say that it does indeed literally say this in the RA. Once they release the raid after Krayt, if you can't do that new raid, you will earn zero of the new currency.
  • TVF
    36585 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Does it mean that they will no longer get ANY of the new currency (i.e. "you are no longer getting it"), no. Of course not.

Just wanted to cherry pick this to say that it does indeed literally say this in the RA. Once they release the raid after Krayt, if you can't do that new raid, you will earn zero of the new currency.

I would think most guilds that can do this new one will be able to do the next new one, but remains to be seen for sure.

Which continues to be my point - no one knows any of this for sure.

• Ragnarok_COTF
    1785 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    I feel like people are sleeping on the fact that it won't be necessary to be on at the right 20 minutes to get top 10 hstr rewards anymore (if even top 10).

That was among my favorite aspects of the RA :smirk:
    Participate in the raid at a time of your choosing, er muh gerd, YES! When I started this game, I had one 10-mo kiddo. Now I have a 1, 4, and 6 year old. It's SO hard to get in and do HSR during the small window I have. Knowing I can do my raid stuff on my own schedule will be such a huge QOL improvement for me.

• TVF wrote: »
    Side note, DCs have become more tolerable with the last two sets and hopefully that continues.

They have become more tolerable yes, and there’s still room for improvement with them overall. However maybe if they listened to feedback before the dodgecron and health steal fiascos they’d have less work to do.

How many times in threads has it been said in passing by myself and even you how the early days of the dodge meta were awful….at 20%….lol. They decided to take it to 100% and also tie in unlimited CD reduction and TM loops.
    There’s a fair amount of doom, gloom and poor content here on the forums; even by my own hand. However I’ve seen tons of invaluable suggestions and ideas that were implemented later on or concerns that are seen ahead of time that CG just refuses to acknowledge
  • TVF
    36585 posts Member
    I feel like people are sleeping on the fact that it won't be necessary to be on at the right 20 minutes to get top 10 hstr rewards anymore (if even top 10).

That was among my favorite aspects of the RA :smirk:
    Participate in the raid at a time of your choosing, er muh gerd, YES! When I started this game, I had one 10-mo kiddo. Now I have a 1, 4, and 6 year old. It's SO hard to get in and do HSR during the small window I have. Knowing I can do my raid stuff on my own schedule will be such a huge QOL improvement for me.

Generally agree, with the caveat that I always get top 10 and usually top 3 in my guild. One reason I am going to track old rewards vs new to see how it ends up for me, the protagonist.
  • TVF
    36585 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Side note, DCs have become more tolerable with the last two sets and hopefully that continues.

They have become more tolerable yes, and there’s still room for improvement with them overall. However maybe if they listened to feedback before the dodgecron and health steal fiascos they’d have less work to do.

How many times in threads has it been said in passing by myself and even you how the early days of the dodge meta were awful….at 20%….lol. They decided to take it to 100% and also tie in unlimited CD reduction and TM loops.
    There’s a fair amount of doom, gloom and poor content here on the forums; even by my own hand. However I’ve seen tons of invaluable suggestions and ideas that were implemented later on or concerns that are seen ahead of time that CG just refuses to acknowledge

As long as new sets are similar to these sets that's good enough for me.
  • I can’t recall if we all complained loudly before the launch of CPit, but I do recall that once it was launched and CG could see in a live environment what horror they had created, they went back to the drawing board and fixed it nicely.

I would expect (hope) the same holds true here.
    Whatever complaints we have before launch will largely be ignored as they are quite speculative. Whatever complaints can be proven by data after the launch might be rewarded with a tweak.
  • Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I can’t recall if we all complained loudly before the launch of CPit, but I do recall that once it was launched and CG could see in a live environment what horror they had created, they went back to the drawing board and fixed it nicely.

I would expect (hope) the same holds true here.
    Whatever complaints we have before launch will largely be ignored as they are quite speculative. Whatever complaints can be proven by data after the launch might be rewarded with a tweak.

Or maybe… they can just get it right the first time. They will prob not fix it though. they said level 1 was ~ the same difficulty as Sith Raid. This means that they will just tell you to go down a level if it is too hard, not change it to be realistic to what the guild should be earning.
  • @StarSon
    If you can't "do" the new raid... okay?

But the RA specifically says that you'll get rewards if your guild starts the raid but doesn't complete it. To wit:
    You will also receive rewards from your Guild’s track depending on the amount of points everyone in your Guild earned at the end of the event. You also will earn rewards even if your Guild does not complete the Raid 100%. Guilds will be rewarded based on how many points your Guild earned.

You as an individual are going to get the NewCurrency based on your guild's points in the raid, not your own. Your guild's earnings will be less if you don't "complete the Raid 100%" but it will not be zero. If your guild earns any points, you will get some NewCurrency.

What are the odds that a guild that's doing one endgame raid has 0 squads among all 50 players to get some damage in on the next endgame raid?

You really think your scenario is possible, much less realistic?

No, what I said previously stands. If you got NewCurrency in the last raid, you'll get NewCurrency from the new raid. The exact proportion remains to be seen, of course. And I'm not saying it wouldn't feel yucky if the amount took a large % hit, but anyone who is thinking that there will be any guilds going from earning significant NewCurrency to zero NC every time a new raid comes out is not basing those thoughts on the content of this Road Ahead.

That's coming from you, not from anything CG said.
  • To wit:

Brilliant :smile:

I don't always have time to read your posts Seedy, but when I do, I occasionally find there's a lexical gem like this one hiding in the text.

To the subject at hand though, my only real concern about this model of always rolling the raid currency to the newest raid is for the guilds that maybe aren't finished with the current raid when the new one comes out. The impact of this will depend heavily on how quickly guild members are able to gear the relevant factions, as well as the pace at which CG is releasing new raids. I feel like this could potentially close the door on new content for more casual guilds despite having otherwise respectable rosters if CG suddenly gets ambitions with releasing raid content.

I'm still optimistic, and really excited for the new content - I just hope my merry bunch of semi-casuals can keep pace. Time will tell. In the mean time, there's RotE to deal with.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • As long as whatever new content from the previous raid becomes available in the raid currency shop when a new raid drops, it shouldn’t be a penalty for moving to the new raid when it comes out. They already do this with TBs, so we have every indication to think they’d do the same with the raids.
  • @herd_nerfer
    To the subject at hand though, my only real concern about this model of always rolling the raid currency to the newest raid is for the guilds that maybe aren't finished with the current raid when the new one comes out. The impact of this will depend heavily on how quickly guild members are able to gear the relevant factions, as well as the pace at which CG is releasing new raids.

Yes. This is a concern, but as you say it's not one we can quantify yet. We'll have to see how it plays out and for now I am, like you, optimistic.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    KDC99X wrote: »
    As long as whatever new content from the previous raid becomes available in the raid currency shop when a new raid drops, it shouldn’t be a penalty for moving to the new raid when it comes out. They already do this with TBs, so we have every indication to think they’d do the same with the raids.

My guess would be that this is the main point of the new currency. In that context, it makes some amount of sense to limit it only to the latest raid to prevent people from skipping ahead and buying reward they shouldn't be getting yet, but there are better ways to do it. They can for example lock the later raid characters behind some milestones, like completing the next raid.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    @StarSon
    If you can't "do" the new raid... okay?

But the RA specifically says that you'll get rewards if your guild starts the raid but doesn't complete it. To wit:
    You will also receive rewards from your Guild’s track depending on the amount of points everyone in your Guild earned at the end of the event. You also will earn rewards even if your Guild does not complete the Raid 100%. Guilds will be rewarded based on how many points your Guild earned.

You as an individual are going to get the NewCurrency based on your guild's points in the raid, not your own. Your guild's earnings will be less if you don't "complete the Raid 100%" but it will not be zero. If your guild earns any points, you will get some NewCurrency.

What are the odds that a guild that's doing one endgame raid has 0 squads among all 50 players to get some damage in on the next endgame raid?

You really think your scenario is possible, much less realistic?

No, what I said previously stands. If you got NewCurrency in the last raid, you'll get NewCurrency from the new raid. The exact proportion remains to be seen, of course. And I'm not saying it wouldn't feel yucky if the amount took a large % hit, but anyone who is thinking that there will be any guilds going from earning significant NewCurrency to zero NC every time a new raid comes out is not basing those thoughts on the content of this Road Ahead.

That's coming from you, not from anything CG said.

Yes, I do think it's realistic. We've seen it with TB. A guild that was doing LS GEO is not necessarily now doing ROTE.

Edit: not so much that they'll be *unable* to do it, but that the reward drop off won't be enough to justify the small amount of new currency.
    Post edited by StarSon on
  • TVF
    36585 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    As long as whatever new content from the previous raid becomes available in the raid currency shop when a new raid drops, it shouldn’t be a penalty for moving to the new raid when it comes out. They already do this with TBs, so we have every indication to think they’d do the same with the raids.

My guess would be that this is the main point of the new currency. In that context, it makes some amount of sense to limit it only to the latest raid to prevent people from skipping ahead and buying reward they shouldn't be getting yet, but there are better ways to do it. They can for example lock the later raid characters behind some milestones, like completing the next raid.

Was a new raid character announced? I might have missed it.
  • No we’re just speculating that’ll likely be one of the things gates behind the new raid system. Maybe it won’t! But it’s not unreasonable to think it could be.

LordDirt wrote: »
    You don't know it's a cliff but ok.

People talked this way about crystals moving to GAC which ended up being the single best change I've seen this game made.

I think it is the single worst :D

Surely you must at least appreciate not having to be tied to your phone for over an hour at the same time every single day.

I just hate GA, I don't want to waste my time with it. I wont miss the HSTR and i know my wife wont either but I do wish we could sim all the raids. I just figure we will be losing out on stuff with this new setup. Rarely does CG do a solid for its players.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »

People talked this way about crystals moving to GAC which ended up being the single best change I've seen this game made.

Surely you must at least appreciate not having to be tied to your phone for over an hour at the same time every single day.

I just hate GA, I don't want to waste my time with it. I wont miss the HSTR and i know my wife wont either but I do wish we could sim all the raids. I just figure we will be losing out on stuff with this new setup. Rarely does CG do a solid for its players.

Obviously we don't know yet, but I expect in order to actually get the same rewards as before you will have to put in a good deal of time, effort, and mod moving.
  • TVF
    36585 posts Member

I am tracking my raid rewards over the next several months until the new one is released, and then I will track over a similar time frame to see how it compares. The caveat being I always get top 10 HSTR and usually top 3.

I am tracking my raid rewards over the next several months until the new one is released, and then I will track over a similar time frame to see how it compares. The caveat being I always get top 10 HSTR and usually top 3.

Awesome, I am too lazy to do so. Can't wait to see your findings.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

No, but I expect that there will be one. All raids so far have one (if we count CPit as another level of regular Pit) and it's a good motivation to engage with new content.
    Which brings us to an interesting question: Who could it be? There's Cobb Vanth, but I don't think he is impactful enough to be anything more than a marquee. Another Mando variant? Old man Cad Bane? Tusken doggo?
  • Grogu.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • They already made clear they wouldn't have Grogu playable because they didn't want to portray attacking children in-game.
  • They already made clear they wouldn't have Grogu playable because they didn't want to portray attacking children in-game.

Shame about Omega then lol
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.

Shame about Omega then lol

Omega may be young, but she is not visibly a baby. This has been asked and answered already.
  • Right?

But still: Grogu was specifically mentioned and that was the rationale.
  • Makes sense.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.