[MEGA Thread] February Road Ahead

Replies

• Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    I love restricting factions if it means that CG has to do less testing and allows them to release newer, more unique raids frequently
  • im sort of confused as to why the first version of Cal is going to be an unaligned force user. Its pretty obvious that he's light side
  • im sort of confused as to why the first version of Cal is going to be an unaligned force user. Its pretty obvious that he's light side

it's just like kylo or JTR. they are both unaligned. despite one being light and one dark. it's unaligned to jedi or sith at the point in time of that character. beginning Cal not a jedi yet. Later Cal is going to be a jedi
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Month for a full ticket guild is 15 pit, 10 haat, 8 hstr and 5 cpit. 38 raids. So i assume that we will be having one raid so like 10 or 15 per month and rewards will be the same or better? I assume that players will get 150 shards of han, 60 shards of gk, 80 shards of trya too? If there wont be the same amount of gear, guild currency and other stuff ..so those changes will bring massive nerf for players.. i hope not...
    Also new raid and limiting factions with removal of cpit is kind of strange move, guilds were gearing teams for cpit and now they cant use them for new raid...seems like masive nerf in rewards for some time
  • very excited for the new tuskens and most of all Fallen Order toons! Love it! and BD will be part of Cal's kit!! I'll reserve judgment on raid changes. tough for me to form an opinion in the abstract without actually playing and seeing it in use
  • not bad. Some of the raid changes look good, some don't, but over all I am feeling pretty good about them. Cal is awesome, and tuskens getting the respect they deserve is great. Over all an nice and exciting road ahead.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    333 posts EA Community Manager
    Also, with new raid structure, how will shards previously earned in PIT, Tank, HSTR, be replaced for the shard shop that helps in the build out of gear?

Players will have the ability to acquire any shards they may be lacking of older Raid-exclusive characters with this new raid and reward system.

For the Rewards portion, the team is making sure that with the removal of the other raids to turn this into a 1-raid focus for guilds system will benefit the player.

Guild Picks Raid they believe they can score points on (If you're Guild is maxing a Raid's Point Max, you should be moving on to the next raid)

Individual players will modify their own runs to earn more points for their Guild. Meaning someone can run a raid attempt on 0 modifier for X points, while someone in the guild can run theirs with max modifications for XXXX points more.

Progress through Raids to most recent raid > Individually assist Guild through difficulty modifiers for more points > Earn more rewards based on Guild Point Progress

I hope this helped a little bit.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    I like the faction stuff. Kinda limits everyone tossing 5 Legends into the raid a thats it. The faction do bother me a bit, but with tusks being a full squad now im ready for that

I am all for the Tusken love of this RA!
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    I WANT to be excited, it all sounds exciting…but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t concerned about the loss/balancing of raid rewards. So far, it seems like every time CG says there won’t be a net loss in rewards, that only ends up being true for the very top level of players.

Mixed on the faction specific raid gate. It’s a great idea to clear some design space and not have to solve for every mechanic out there, but it’s definitely just going to be used as another way for them to monetize specific factions…

There is a reason we put that section in Red :)
  • Also, with new raid structure, how will shards previously earned in PIT, Tank, HSTR, be replaced for the shard shop that helps in the build out of gear?

Players will have the ability to acquire any shards they may be lacking of older Raid-exclusive characters with this new raid and reward system.

For the Rewards portion, the team is making sure that with the removal of the other raids to turn this into a 1-raid focus for guilds system will benefit the player.

Guild Picks Raid they believe they can score points on (If you're Guild is maxing a Raid's Point Max, you should be moving on to the next raid)

Individual players will modify their own runs to earn more points for their Guild. Meaning someone can run a raid attempt on 0 modifier for X points, while someone in the guild can run theirs with max modifications for XXXX points more.

Progress through Raids to most recent raid > Individually assist Guild through difficulty modifiers for more points > Earn more rewards based on Guild Point Progress

If possible, as we approach cut-over, can you guys produce a chart(s) comparing rewards pre- and post-changes for equivalent levels of competitiveness/performance? Similar to some of the visuals we got when the crystal payout was moved from Squad Arena to GAC?
  • TheGamingGeek
    75 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    im sort of confused as to why the first version of Cal is going to be an unaligned force user. Its pretty obvious that he's light side

it's just like kylo or JTR. they are both unaligned. despite one being light and one dark. it's unaligned to jedi or sith at the point in time of that character. beginning Cal not a jedi yet. Later Cal is going to be a jedi

being a youngling/padawan still means you are a jedi
  • CrispyFett wrote: »
    im sort of confused as to why the first version of Cal is going to be an unaligned force user. Its pretty obvious that he's light side

As much as CLS is 🤷🏻‍♂️ Tags gonna tag. One could argue he left the order, like CAT. Same reason Cere is unaligned.

As much as CLS is 🤷🏻‍♂️ Tags gonna tag. One could argue he left the order, like CAT. Same reason Cere is unaligned.

CLS should be unaligned bc he had technically no training. Cere left. Cal was being trained in the jedi ways
  • Also, with new raid structure, how will shards previously earned in PIT, Tank, HSTR, be replaced for the shard shop that helps in the build out of gear?

So basically, the shard shop currency we were earning by running raids we previously mastered is not being replaced... Unless you're saying you expect the shard shop currency we were earning to be replaced by even more gear earned in the raid rewards? So... The shard shop store just got devalued?
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead

If possible, as we approach cut-over, can you guys produce a chart(s) comparing rewards pre- and post-changes for equivalent levels of competitiveness/performance? Similar to some of the visuals we got when the crystal payout was moved from Squad Arena to GAC?

I can put it down on my list of requests, no promises though.

• CG_Tusken_Meathead
    edited February 2023
    [quote="emoore123;c-2404713"
    So basically, the shard shop currency we were earning by running raids we previously mastered is not being replaced... Unless you're saying you expect the shard shop currency we were earning to be replaced by even more gear earned in the raid rewards? So... The shard shop store just got devalued [/quote]

I have no additional information to provide on the reward system.

CLS should be unaligned bc he had technically no training. Cere left. Cal was being trained in the jedi ways

That’s all semantics and rationalizations. At the end of the day, tags have always been about game balance first before story.

That’s all semantics and rationalizations. At the end of the day, tags have always been about game balance first before story.

It gets harder to balance something the more there is.

• If possible, as we approach cut-over, can you guys produce a chart(s) comparing rewards pre- and post-changes for equivalent levels of competitiveness/performance? Similar to some of the visuals we got when the crystal payout was moved from Squad Arena to GAC?

I can put it down on my list of requests, no promises though.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I think it’s a similar level of impact on day-to-day player experience/expectations as the crystal changes, so I hope that the team thinks it’s worthwhile to put the same amount of care into sharing information.
  • Please tell us where the aeromagnifiers will be at least.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I love restricting factions if it means that CG has to do less testing and allows them to release newer, more unique raids frequently

lol "LESS" testing than they do today? So like how do you do negative testing?
  • Overall I will wait and see, looks pretty interesting if they don't screw up and players end up with less rewards than they are getting today. The multiple raids are not a problem anyone was complaining about as 50% of them are simmed anyway.

Makes sense they are limiting the factions because with all the current characters in the game and future ones, I'm sure it's tough to create raids with mechanics that don't just get busted. Hopefully with this change it means more newer raids more often since they would only have to test for a future factions, though not sure they do any testing as is.

On the flip side, this really eliminates all the theorycrafting done by the community which is one of the best parts of the game, coming up with squads to maximize the efficiency of beating content. Now it just becomes which guilds get those specific factions up and running the fastest.
  • 3i6058r1vb1c.jpeg

So this new planet. Really need more details exactly what you mean. Does it replace a planet? Alternate route? Does it reward stars or just a place for missions to get bonus get3. I can see you going so many different ways and some aren’t good. Though I do appreciate what appears to be a commitment to new pve content more frequently.
  • Mox4
    23 posts Member
    How come the Sith Empire is excluded from the Krayt Dragon raid when the Old Republic is included? Revan is Revan is Revan, and HK-47 was instrumental in the Tatooine questlines in KOTOR, so he likely accompanied many players when they took down the Krayt Dragon of Revan's time.
  • DarthJinglesnarf
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    There are so, so many things in this road ahead that have renewed my intrerest in SWGOH - I've been hanging around supporting our beloved creators, but this has me hyped. I mean...Merrin. MERRIN. I legit screamed out loud in the office when I heard that news - talk about an awkward situation trying to explain to my colleagues that no, I wasn't hurt and yes, I made that noise over a mobile game. Whooo...I'm here for it though.

Looking forward to more folks clearing Secrets and Shadows CT3, for real. May the force be with me for a 330 on my girl Merrin.
  • How does the new raid scoring affect the Prestigious Quest Jedi Master 1 ?

https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Prestigious_Quests#Jedi_Master
    "Earn Rank 3 or better 3 times in Heroic AAT"
  • I'm super excited. Thanks for a renewed focus on more new content.

But really, there are too many new, essential characters. More gear acceleration? Faster energy regeneration? I don't know, but it's way too much for FTP (or almost FTP).
  • Tsfletch
    145 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Please tell us where the aeromagnifiers will be at least.

The only reason to remove Cpit is because the Kyrotech bottleneck isn’t effective at higher levels so they’ll create a bigger aero bottleneck than the one that already exists by removing this source. I’m sure they’ll be available through the new raid but drastically reduced in quantity and/or availability. The whole notion that they’re removing Cpit and limiting to one raid at a time because they’re worried about us juggling multiple raids is ridiculous and frankly insulting to our intelligence. Why not just enable sim on each older raid in order as new raids become available? We don’t lose anything, CG doesn’t have to worry about us being overwhelmed and there are new challenges available to keep people interested. Easy peasy! Unfortunately the reality is that it’s just another (very) thinly disguised paywall with the aeromagnifier removal and limitation on factions. I get that it’s a business first and a game second but if you’re screwing us over be open and honest about it. If you can’t do that at least put some effort into the excuse.
  • Tsfletch wrote: »
    Please tell us where the aeromagnifiers will be at least.

The only reason to remove Cpit is because the Kyrotech bottleneck isn’t effective at higher levels so they’ll create a bigger aero bottleneck than the one that already exists by removing this source. I’m sure they’ll be available through the new raid but drastically reduced in quantity and/or availability. The whole notion that they’re removing Cpit and limiting to one raid at a time because they’re worried about us juggling multiple raids is ridiculous and frankly insulting to our intelligence. Why not just enable sim on each older raid in order as new raids become available? We don’t lose anything, CG doesn’t have to worry about us being overwhelmed and there are new challenges available to keep people interested. Easy peasy! Unfortunately the reality is that it’s just another (very) thinly disguised paywall with the aeromagnifier removal and limitation on factions. I get that it’s a business first and a game second but if you’re screwing us over be open and honest about it. If you can’t do that at least put some effort into the excuse.

I couldn't have put it better.
    Also, I can't see the limiting of 1 raid being beneficial to mid-level guilds.
  • [quote="emoore123;c-2404713"
    So basically, the shard shop currency we were earning by running raids we previously mastered is not being replaced... Unless you're saying you expect the shard shop currency we were earning to be replaced by even more gear earned in the raid rewards? So... The shard shop store just got devalued

I have no additional information to provide on the reward system.

[/quote]

This kinda evasive answers says this is another slight way to decrease our gear income while pretending you're making it better for us, just like the gear and Scav change leaving out doubling challenges causing a net loss in commonly salvaged gear.