Banned for no reason

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Alëx1 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I think so but there's been a bunch lately lol.

Can’t wait to crawl out of this pit and be a redeemed and free man again and hopefully already be in TW and not be in company with those anymore. 🕺
    I also wonder, if I got reported from someone I faced in GAC (which I don’t know), does that automatically put me under ban

Extremely unlikely given how long we had people complaining that no one ever got banned.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Extremely unlikely given how long we had people complaining that no one ever got banned.

Yeah, but there seems to be a new mechanism in place or not? I mean, I never use this forum outside of reading swgoh news posted in the swgoh event discord channel. So I can’t tell how many people complaining about being banned there have been prior to this week or so. But from what I saw on discord there were your posts most recently and not much before that.
    And even though I understand people being suspicious when someone gets banned because many bans are obviously justified, it looks like there are a lot in a short time.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Yeah, but there seems to be a new mechanism in place or not? I mean, I never use this forum outside of reading swgoh news posted in the swgoh event discord channel. So I can’t tell how many people complaining about being banned there have been prior to this week or so. But from what I saw on discord there were your posts most recently and not much before that.
    And even though I understand people being suspicious when someone gets banned because many bans are obviously justified, it looks like there are a lot in a short time.

There were a few people in the past that would come here to complain about a ban. Either there's something new in place or CG decided to act on a ton more at once for whatever reason.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    I think so but there's been a bunch lately lol.

Can’t wait to crawl out of this pit and be a redeemed and free man again and hopefully already be in TW and not be in company with those anymore. 🕺
    I also wonder, if I got reported from someone I faced in GAC (which I don’t know), does that automatically put me under ban, is there someone from CG checking that before the ban gets applied, in case someone being mad for losing even though they have more GLs reports me? How comes I have to appeal and only now they check if the ban is legit? I really can’t imagine any of their ingame tools banned me for pve reasons and that is why nobody checked prior to the ban.
    But also I got time on my hands now to wonder about these things. :)
    Questions we will never have the answer to and we don’t need them answered either
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I'll look into your account later but its always good to PM @CG_Leviathan with your appeal, and provide any proof you can to expedite the process

How does one prove a negative? You can't prove your weren't cheating. It is up to CG to prove you are.
    Questions we will never have the answer to and we don’t need them answered either

I certainly expect an answer to why I was banned at some point. As long as there is no evidence, I should be treated as innocent. No matter if court law applies here or not. That’s just basic human interaction and in a company-customer-relationship I expect that, too. Because until now it’s completely random and without any substance to my knowledge.

If you/CG accuse me of anything without telling what it is and you expect me to prove I didn’t do it, that feels a bit weird. No offense to you, as you deal with cheaters all day I see and that probably doesn’t make you more patient, but still. Obviously I can’t prove, I didn’t cheat or violated anything else. So either you ask for something specifically or we act like I am innocent. Which I am.
    I'll look into your account later but its always good to PM @CG_Leviathan with your appeal, and provide any proof you can to expedite the process

How does one prove a negative? You can't prove your weren't cheating. It is up to CG to prove you are.

Ummm
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/261790/banned#latest
  • You sure about that @Meatheadrocks ?

Yup. You stole $20 from me last week. Prove to me you didn't. I'll wait.

Lol, maybe go look at your GAC history Ultra posted.
    Nice try
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

I don’t know, (edit: what I am accused of and-) how or what proof I can send that you can’t access via my account. I can’t proof
    that I only play on my iPhone 12 with the most recent iOS and no other platforms like bluestacks,
    that I don’t share my account,
    that I only buy in Euro while living in Europe,
    that I don’t insult people,
    that I don’t cheat or even tried or even tried to inform me about how that would be done,
    that I don’t do anything to make a worse gaming experience to anyone in the game.

What kind of proof would you like to see that would help my case?
    Right

Just tell Leviathan why you think your ban is misplaced (such as the things you've said in this thread and in your Opening Post) with your ally code

Lol, maybe go look at your GAC history Ultra posted.
    Nice try

You seem to not understand my point at all. You are using the red herring logical fallacy to not answer my original question. Ultra told the OP to show proof he did not cheat. I asked how the OP was supposed to prove a negative. You then changed it against me, which could also be the bandwagon fallacy. Neither of which answers the original question. How does the OP proof a negative?
    Just tell Leviathan why you think your ban is misplaced (such as the things you've said in this thread and in your Opening Post) with your ally code

The only thing I know is the game said I am banned. What am I supposed to say? „I didn’t do it, whatever I am accused of, please unban me asap and use whatever tech you have to go through my account and go through whatever reason at least you must know got me banned.“?
    This is getting ridiculous. I can’t tell someone what to investigate on if I am not told what it is. You should know what got me banned and he should know that and then look into it. You should ask me if you need anything more from me. Anything specific that you can’t get from accessing my account and game data.

I will tell him but I really don’t like being treated like this without any wrong-doing.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    You sure about that @Meatheadrocks ?

Your arguments are as clever as your attempts to hide cheating

Closing thread since we are going off-topic
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

The only thing I know is the game said I am banned. What am I supposed to say? „I didn’t do it, whatever I am accused of, please unban me asap and use whatever tech you have to go through my account and go through whatever reason at least you must know got me banned.“?
    This is getting ridiculous. I can’t tell someone what to investigate on if I am not told what it is. You should know what got me banned and he should know that and then look into it. You should ask me if you need anything more from me. Anything specific that you can’t get from accessing my account and game data.

I will tell him but I really don’t like being treated like this without any wrong-doing.

Just PM him that you don't think you did anything wrong with your ally code

That is all I'm asking you to do and provide any additional information you can but if you cannot that's fine

You do not need to know what specific reason got you banned, just provide your ally code with a request for unban
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    Capital Games has completed investigating your account

If you are unbanned, Great!

If you are still banned, and want to know what specific instance triggered your ban, reach out to @CG_Leviathan to dispute

Locking thread
This discussion has been closed.