The truth about Aurodium packs... (Rex and Tusken Shaman)

LordAlvert
1193 posts Member
edited April 2016
Sorry if this is elsewhere I just wanted to put the information out there. There seems to be a lot of misinformation about the drop rates of the aurodiums. In particular the YouTube video of 53 aurodiums and no drops is terrifying and probably destroys ea's revenue from this source. So this is kind of a PSA for EA shout to @EA_Jesse hopefully this clarifies the aurodium "investment."

I would say the truth is you get the toon about 1 in 8 to 1 in 10... I have seen estimates of $200-300. Shaman at 25 for the toon when he is unlocked is harder than Rex obviously... I opened two Rex packs and got the toon on the second pack and stopped at 4 star. The shaman I almost quit in massive despair 20+ packs in, nothing just shards 4 a pop, $100 invested. Pushed on with my second huge set of crystals (15k packs) probably 3rd aurodium in before I got the toon. I resisted the urge to activate and got the toon when I had about 100 shards of him I.e. 25 packs. Then the funniest thing happened (rng) and I got the toon probably 6 more times out of the next 20 packs so I could 7 star him and even got the 25 when I was 2 shards short so I converted 23 in the shard shop. My crystal expenditure was basically $225, two and a quarter big 15k packs.

Oh I seemed to get a lot more Tusken raider shards than I did u''orrR''or''rrr...

Anyone else feel free to share their experience.

Replies

• People are gambling with real money. Disclosure of drop rates should be mandatory.
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    The question is, do you find it worthy to spend $225 for a 7* toon?
  • They need to make rex farmable now either for the people who bought the packs so they can max him to 7* or the people like me who want to farm him haha
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    LMYYYKS wrote: »

This is a splendid point. Based on the economics of this game I would say it is a tremendously good deal. If you work out the economics of chromium you will spend 4000$ on shards for everyone which works out to $53 per toon for the shards. Assume only half the toons (overstatement) are usable. That is 100$ per usable toon. Then one toon x 4.5 million credits to make usable in arena divided by 600000 credits for 600 crystals means about 80$ for the credits. Now you are at $180 per useful toon via chromium. You are missing two things training droids (40-50$?) and purple mats... Purple mats is the killer here. So aurodium is 220$ for a maxed out toon... No gambling no guessing. Plenty of purples which are invaluable and plenty of credits. As a bonus I ended up with a maxed Tusken raider as well. And a halfway maxed urrrorrorr. So the $220 got me two toons I like seven star and maxed abilities... Keep in mind whales bought aurodium for the purple mats only... Right?? Many whales valued the purples at 3.50$ each essentially!!

Sadly a pretty outstanding deal for a dolphin or small whale. Having arena toons I can swap around has been the most fun part of this game. Farming forever to get arena viable is painful. I have 18 toons arena viable 7 star and geared and abilitied up and some strategy is finally at play.

With the guild announcement and new content I invested into this game. Thanks for the communication @EA_Jesse ....
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Why on earth would anyone spend over $200 on that?

Even if I was rolling in cash and set for life I couldn't bring myself to do it.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Well others disagree... I have bought a total of 2 chromiums. Not worth it. I play this game a lot. 5 months in. New content. I find it fun. I am supporting it. Fortunately I have worked very hard to get to the point I can easily afford it and I compare it to other places I dispose of my income (night out with friends, trips to Vegas, carbon bikes) and think it is worth it to put that amount into the game... It has staying power for me and I enjoy it... As a mentioned many real whales spent hundreds for the mats... I suspect my guild will be happy I have a nice roster of maxed toons... TBD...
  • I get the whales should have more characters etc but I'm a very small dolphin and would love to be able to get Rex haha hopefully he's farmable soon!
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Leaner619 wrote: »
    I get the whales should have more characters etc but I'm a very small dolphin and would love to be able to get Rex haha hopefully he's farmable soon!

Agree completely. Kinda wish I would have maxed Rex. A whale on our shard is at the top w him leading and I am jealous.

• sid
    232 posts Member
    Very good information in this post. Thank you very much for sharing!
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Thanks @sid. This was information I wanted to know before diving into the aurodiums and I sat on the edge saying maybe, should I or not... I was looking to put some money into the game after guild announcement and I certainly didn't have the $6000 to max an awesome roster with chromium... But I wanted to expand my roster in an interesting way. The tuskens have some nice strategy. And the clones. You have to assume the devs spent a lot of time testing new expensive toons and assume they don't want the people who bought them to feel bad. So it is safe to assume the characters will at worst be above average.

I am working on a team with the 3 tuskens and Vader and yoda. Yoda goes first for foresight. Other team faster but all tuskens tanky looks like. I then heal w shaman hopefully after Vader oae which means 45 pct heal. Then my team has offense up. Guys go then yoda. Battle meditation to extend offense up 2 more turns and give entire team foresight. Lights set match... Will be fun to see if I can work that out...

Urrororr hits like a truck and gets offense up anytime the other team is stunned so a combo w Daka and dooku also looks interesting. His special makes shaman and raider go next and gives your team an extra half turn basically. You can time your heal for his turn or for shamans turn so it is like having two healers timing wise.
  • Noob question.

Aurodium

Is it time sensitive offer no longer available?
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    Noob question.

Aurodium

Is it time sensitive offer no longer available?
    @Chicagotarsier Aurodium cards show up after one spends $200.

• LMYYYKS wrote: »

NEVER in a million years :)
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    Why on earth would anyone spend over $200 on that?

Even if I was rolling in cash and set for life I couldn't bring myself to do it.

When that if becomes now, I assure you that you would be a different person. Even if the core values remain the same, poverty and abundance bring with them totally different perspectives to life and its meanings. You might still not do it but you won't know until the base requirements are met.

@LordAlvert, good share!

Edit: @LeoRavus, I just noticed my post might sound like what it's not, I don't mean to imply you're poor or anything. I meant the whole spectrum from one extreme to another.