Split the problem fleet shard again.

Prev13
Title. Not much else needs to be said.

Replies

  • flux_rono
    2142 posts Member
    Options
    im very confused on what you mean
  • Options
    Title. Not much else needs to be said.
    Can you tell us how bad it is? I’m in a horrendously busy fleet shard and I’ve always assumed it was one half of the split shard. How active / busy is your’s?
  • iMalevolence
    359 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Title. Not much else needs to be said.
    Can you tell us how bad it is? I’m in a horrendously busy fleet shard and I’ve always assumed it was one half of the split shard. How active / busy is your’s?

    My 7* star profundity can drop from top 10 to 70+ overnight.

    When I setup my personal rotbot a few months ago to try to avoid hitting others during their payout so I was more likely to be accepted into what I assumed was a fleet shard chat, I grabbed the top 50. Some of those still active players from 2 months ago have fallen down to the 200s.

    The shard chat on my shard is actually a mafia and I can drop from top 5 to 15-20 in a matter of 7-8 minutes because they coordinate chains. I can constantly refresh and try to enter battle as soon as I possibly can, and I still get locked out. They will chain 3-4 times in a row. Here's an example.

    0nm4hmu2lwzy.png

    A lot of people report being able to stay top 5 or top 10 all day with little to no change because of lack of activity on their shards. This shard, especially if you aren't part of the collective, staying top 10 for a matter of minutes is nearly impossible.

    If you want to put in some of the names in your top 50, I may recognize a few of them and can potentially confirm it. No guarantee though. If any are from THE SENATE alliance, I can reach out to them directly.

    I know for a fact that I'm in one of the offshoots. My old guildmate, AJR, was instrumental in getting it split the first time. I had quit playing before the first split because it was so bad. I started back up again in 2021. And from what I can see after looking at old posts, people on the shard were concerned that it wasn't going to be enough back then, and they were almost certainly correct.
    Post edited by iMalevolence on
  • Options
    Sounds like you are being targeted. Did you not consider joining the shard chat?

    Seldom do I leave the top 10 and I'm still running a 7 star exec when most use prof.
  • iMalevolence
    359 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Sounds like you are being targeted. Did you not consider joining the shard chat?

    Seldom do I leave the top 10 and I'm still running a 7 star exec when most use prof.

    d67qcfoo0h8s.png
    g7qywqv6fuow.png
    l09npahcp6z2.png

    And yeah, not leaving top 10 is a solid example of not losing your position because of the disparity in activity and competitiveness of the different shards. Hence the need to split my shard.

    /e Those attempts to reach out are but a snippet. I've reached out to at least half a dozen or more people and I'm always met with pretty much the same type of response. Frustrated toxicity. I know their frustration because the shard is extremely active and it's draining (even more so when being harassed by the mafia by chaining and locking). My attempts to make it more cooperative have always been met with hostility. I changed my payout to a different slot, I was only climbing during my hour and spending a decent chunk of crystals on timer refreshes to fit all of my climbing in that hour to actually try to reach top 5 or better. After setting up my rotbot, I avoided hitting people in my time slot and would only hit people who were 2+ hours away unless it couldn't be helped.
    Post edited by iMalevolence on
  • iMalevolence
    359 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    im very confused on what you mean

    When fleets came out, one shard in particular was very bad. Competitive beyond the normal means. In 2018(?) they split the shard up. I posit that the shard (fragment that I'm on, and likely the other fragment as well (depending on how they did it)) is still disproportionately bad compared to similar shards.
  • Options
    Sounds like you are being targeted. Did you not consider joining the shard chat?

    Seldom do I leave the top 10 and I'm still running a 7 star exec when most use prof.
    This isn’t everyone’s experience though. My shard has well over 200 regularly active players, and dropping below 50 even as a member of the chat is a daily occurrence.
  • iMalevolence
    359 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Sounds like you are being targeted. Did you not consider joining the shard chat?

    Seldom do I leave the top 10 and I'm still running a 7 star exec when most use prof.
    This isn’t everyone’s experience though. My shard has well over 200 regularly active players, and dropping below 50 even as a member of the chat is a daily occurrence.

    Yeah, they could split my shard into 5 and it would still be more competitive than a lot of other shards I've heard people talk about.
  • Options
    Someone in my guild a while back quit the game completely, but I kept his account as an ally. 8 months of no activity later his fleet was still in the top 20 of his shard.

    I am pretty much guaranteed to be out of the top 20 8 hours after my payout every single day.
  • Ultra
    11588 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sounds like you are being targeted. Did you not consider joining the shard chat?

    Seldom do I leave the top 10 and I'm still running a 7 star exec when most use prof.
    This isn’t everyone’s experience though. My shard has well over 200 regularly active players, and dropping below 50 even as a member of the chat is a daily occurrence.

    in my shard i used to drop to 40s if i didn’t climb in a 24 hour window and it gets a lot active above top 50 as one shard mate dropped hard for skipping a day
  • Options
    You could try to report the “shard mafia” for breaking EA rules.
    “Engage or assist in cheating or other anticompetitive behavior (such as boosting, collusion, and match or matchmaking manipulation).”
    Although I’d guess nothing will be done.
  • iMalevolence
    359 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    You could try to report the “shard mafia” for breaking EA rules.
    “Engage or assist in cheating or other anticompetitive behavior (such as boosting, collusion, and match or matchmaking manipulation).”
    Although I’d guess nothing will be done.

    I've reported the almost dozen or so that have engaged in chaining in game for that very reason. The behavior is very obviously collusion and against the rules of conduct. But I agree, it's unlikely that anything will be done on those reports. It's too hard to prove without the actual discord chat logs of them doing it, even though they have maybe a second or two to get into those battles before me and it happens multiple times in a row at least once a week. A rate which far exceeds the expected occurrences of it happening by random chance. /e Especially when they are making jumps that aren't always the maximum distance, an action that is atypical/unexpected when all fleets are practically the same.
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options
    I will never understand such behaviour! Our shard chat is so friendly and we often chat about so many different things. Seems I got lucky with my shard mates. Fun fact for us it's actually the other way around. I always try to reach out to people who break into top 30, some of them don't even enter the chat or just simply don't respond.
    We even had one who did not react to our invites and wanted to stay all day on #1 and fought everyone even if his payout was 12 hours later. Must have burned many crystals for those refreshes just to hog that position.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • wildnz
    258 posts Member
    Options
    There is definitely inequality in effort require for rewards between shards. Our shard is a Jan 2017 and we have less than 10 active players that take 1. We have a chat but it's more social than anything and as long as no one is sniping 1 outside their payout we don't stop anyone. I normally do 1 or 2 battles a day to get 1 , so have absolute sympathy for those less fortunate ending up in a highly competitive shard through none of their own doing. I wasn't overly happy (or mad) about crystals moving from squad arena , but have enjoyed the change. Perhaps it's time to move fleet crystals, as it's the last "must do at a set time each day" part of the game (given upcoming raid changes). Perhaps if the new raids had equivalent crystals as fleet arena similar to the squad arena redistribution to GaC.
  • Ultra
    11588 posts Moderator
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I will never understand such behaviour! Our shard chat is so friendly and we often chat about so many different things. Seems I got lucky with my shard mates. Fun fact for us it's actually the other way around. I always try to reach out to people who break into top 30, some of them don't even enter the chat or just simply don't respond.
    We even had one who did not react to our invites and wanted to stay all day on #1 and fought everyone even if his payout was 12 hours later. Must have burned many crystals for those refreshes just to hog that position.

    Your shard isn't the problem fleet shard, if you know stories about it, you will understand why the shard chat is more of a mafia, not open to outsiders and very aggressive in keeping people out
  • Options
    Only problem about moving them to raids is for people who are active in the solo parts of the game but are in low activity guilds. It would mean two of the three major crystal income points (TB and raids vs GAC) would be dependent on other players. That could cause issues in guilds.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I will never understand such behaviour! Our shard chat is so friendly and we often chat about so many different things. Seems I got lucky with my shard mates. Fun fact for us it's actually the other way around. I always try to reach out to people who break into top 30, some of them don't even enter the chat or just simply don't respond.
    We even had one who did not react to our invites and wanted to stay all day on #1 and fought everyone even if his payout was 12 hours later. Must have burned many crystals for those refreshes just to hog that position.

    Your shard isn't the problem fleet shard, if you know stories about it, you will understand why the shard chat is more of a mafia, not open to outsiders and very aggressive in keeping people out

    I read about the shard and know what the problem is. Doesn't change the fact that I will never understand such behaviour. The chat snippets op posted are more than unfriendly and how people can be like this to others I actually also do not -want- to understand. Just because there are lots of active players competing for the positions it is no reason to be this uncivil to someone else, imho.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options
    wildnz wrote: »
    There is definitely inequality in effort require for rewards between shards. Our shard is a Jan 2017 and we have less than 10 active players that take 1. We have a chat but it's more social than anything and as long as no one is sniping 1 outside their payout we don't stop anyone. I normally do 1 or 2 battles a day to get 1 , so have absolute sympathy for those less fortunate ending up in a highly competitive shard through none of their own doing. I wasn't overly happy (or mad) about crystals moving from squad arena , but have enjoyed the change. Perhaps it's time to move fleet crystals, as it's the last "must do at a set time each day" part of the game (given upcoming raid changes). Perhaps if the new raids had equivalent crystals as fleet arena similar to the squad arena redistribution to GaC.

    No, just please no... Do not move the crystals. Then fleet arena will be obsolete and we already have way too little for ships as is.

    I understand your sentiment, but in this case I disagree. Add to that what is happening in GAC it's even a bigger no from me.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • iMalevolence
    359 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    wildnz wrote: »
    There is definitely inequality in effort require for rewards between shards. Our shard is a Jan 2017 and we have less than 10 active players that take 1. We have a chat but it's more social than anything and as long as no one is sniping 1 outside their payout we don't stop anyone. I normally do 1 or 2 battles a day to get 1 , so have absolute sympathy for those less fortunate ending up in a highly competitive shard through none of their own doing. I wasn't overly happy (or mad) about crystals moving from squad arena , but have enjoyed the change. Perhaps it's time to move fleet crystals, as it's the last "must do at a set time each day" part of the game (given upcoming raid changes). Perhaps if the new raids had equivalent crystals as fleet arena similar to the squad arena redistribution to GaC.

    No, just please no... Do not move the crystals. Then fleet arena will be obsolete and we already have way too little for ships as is.

    I understand your sentiment, but in this case I disagree. Add to that what is happening in GAC it's even a bigger no from me.

    But a consistent crystal income shouldn't be reliant on having a singular meta fleet and being part of an in group. If a group of players can fix the results against other people, CG should consider punitive action towards those players and/or move rewards to a game mode where it is less possible to fix the results.
  • scuba
    14170 posts Member
    Options
    I am sure they will move them soon (tm)
  • Options
    It would be fairly simple to fix fleet arena to be fair to all independent of shard and also remove the risk of collusion. If CG had the inclination to fix it.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I am sure they will move them soon (tm)

    I'm sure it's coming at some point and I'll be ecstatic when it does, but people have been saying that since the squad arena -> GAC change. It's so far removed from the last change that it almost feels like it won't be coming anytime soon.
  • nottenst
    721 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    That is quite an obnoxious shard. Our one is a lot friendlier than that. But we are probably a lot smaller at the top than that one. We sure wouldn't respond to a request to join the chat like that one did.
    Post edited by nottenst on
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I am sure they will move them soon (tm)

    I'm sure it's coming at some point and I'll be ecstatic when it does, but people have been saying that since the squad arena -> GAC change. It's so far removed from the last change that it almost feels like it won't be coming anytime soon.

    Sooner than it was back then tho
  • Options
    Kinda wish they would split up arena shards too. some people in mine were nice when i asked them to put a wampa on their team to help me out with the boba fett quest. Others joined the chat, read what i said (i assume) and immediately left without a word. Also, almost everyone has a JKR team (i’m not like most of y’all) that that’s a lil annoying
  • TVF
    36769 posts Member
    Options
    There's zero reason to split arena shards, especially now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    There's zero reason to split arena shards, especially now.

    As long as the rewards for fleet arena are important to player progress, it's a reason to consider it.
  • Options
    I don’t really know how this works because I’m new to the game, but can you move shards? Sounds like your one is too toxic for any real change to happen.
  • Options
    Crosshair wrote: »
    I don’t really know how this works because I’m new to the game, but can you move shards? Sounds like your one is too toxic for any real change to happen.

    Nope. An individual can't perform a shard move. And the only instance of shard changes that I know for sure happened is when the fleet shard I'm on was split back in 2018.

    I am, however, fairly certain that CG has moved individual accounts in the past for unrelated reasons, suggesting that the possibility exists.
  • TVF
    36769 posts Member
    Options
    Crosshair wrote: »
    I don’t really know how this works because I’m new to the game, but can you move shards? Sounds like your one is too toxic for any real change to happen.

    Nope. An individual can't perform a shard move. And the only instance of shard changes that I know for sure happened is when the fleet shard I'm on was split back in 2018.

    I am, however, fairly certain that CG has moved individual accounts in the past for unrelated reasons, suggesting that the possibility exists.

    Can you provide concrete examples of that? I've never heard one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
Sign In or Register to comment.