Wrong Account

The game is going to another account. How do I get into mine? The pic is the account I'm taken to but that isn't me and I can't figure out how to get into mine.ab0qyzluwfok.jpg

Replies

• Are you able to click on the gear in the upper left hand corner and sign out?
  • TuskenSeagull
    6 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Option isn't there.
  • Try forcing the app closed and restarting
  • I thought I could sign in to Google Play via the game but that option doesn't pop up on launch like it used to.
  • Also crop out the player ID from your screenshot
  • TuskenSeagull
    6 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Nothing works. Goes straight to that account. Uninstalled, reinstalled, hoping the Google Play sign in pop up would appear but nothing.
  • This is my account, screenshot taken last yearpcdyitk23ch3.jpg
  • I am having the same issue this morning on Android. Booted up the app this morning and took me to the tutorial screens. No options to login to another account. No amount of clearing cache/data/uninstalling/reinstalling has worked. Finally had to progress far enough into the tutorial **** to where it actually let me into the settings screen, and there is no connect button in the settings screen.
  • Is there a way to sign in the game to Google Play? It used to pop up on the title screen when launched if you weren't signed in.
  • This happened to me this morning 3/8/23. I haven't figured it out. I am having the same issues as tie34567. There is no option in settings to connect or link an account and no option to log in to an account.
  • SʌInT
    30 posts Member
    for at least 6 months now my game randomly just starts again when i open it, pretty much just ignores my google linked details. always have to force quit and reopen to fix it :neutral:
  • SʌInT wrote: »
    for at least 6 months now my game randomly just starts again when i open it, pretty much just ignores my google linked details. always have to force quit and reopen to fix it :neutral:

This has also been happening to me too for many months...I'd randomly get the tutorial screen when trying to enter the game and would have to force quit and then on relaunch it would either log me into google play or give me the option to log into google play, easy fix. This morning is different...there seems to be no way to get to the Google Play login. No matter what I do it will not connect to my account on startup, and there's no way to manually select an account to log into. I'm stuck with this new tutorial account on my phone with seemingly no way to connect to my existing account.
  • Arela
    2 posts Member
    I have the exact same issue, game started me with a brand new account instead of my original one, and there is no option to log in with google play in the settings.
  • Same here. Unable to log in since at least noon CET.
  • EMPs
    1 posts Member
    I too have this problem
  • Well I'm glad to know it's not just me, but the anxiety is real lol. I have a support ticket in, but given how helpful support usually is I'm not optimistic about a resolution.
  • Around last year, my game would trigger a "switch account" to my phone's guest account whenever I went into the game after disconnecting from the internet for whatever reason. Usually, the game would switch back to my account, or I'd restart the game if that didn't happen. Some update (possibly a client update) stopped that, but it seems alarming something similar is happening again.
    Hello there.
  • I'm having the same issue, logged out of account randomly, played to level 3 to get to the options and nothing. Contacted support (obviously a mistake since they're as useless as ever) and they said it was very unusual to happen and that it was my device but I can assure you it's not. So they said wait, and more people are complaining about it as time continues so hopefully they fix this **** because I'm not losing all the progress I've had since launch.
  • Couple other folks on discord said they'd gotten back in, so I just force quit and tried again and Google Play functionality is back. Everyone having issues try getting back in.
  • I can confirm that I've just been able to connect back in, without having to close or restart this time, while I couldn't even after a restart earlier.
  • Players smarter than me on Discord helped get it fixed. I had to go in to the Google Play Games app and select "Ask Everytime" to get the sign in pop-up. I also learned that the other account is a guest account that every player has. Not sure why the game kept landing me there though.
  • Arela
    2 posts Member
    tie34567 wrote: »
    Couple other folks on discord said they'd gotten back in, so I just force quit and tried again and Google Play functionality is back. Everyone having issues try getting back in.

Thank you, got back in as well.
  • Yep. Looks like the issue has resolved.
  • Ahnald has posted a video of this happening to him and sent it onto CG. Seens to be happening quite a lot.