The Mandalorian S3E2: The mines of Mandalore (Spoilers)

Prev1
Hexen_Jagar
685 posts Member
edited March 2023
Peli always is a pleasure to see. Her swindles are great and are natural.

The initial cave scene was nice, showing he still hasn't mastered the dark Sabre, or really hand to hand combat 😆.
The mech trap thing was really unexpected, but pretty cool. Seeing the eye behind the lens was un-nerving. Grogu's little adventure was neat, showing the different power levels he has, not being able to free Mando but force pushing the scrub and leaping into the ship.
Bo fighting was beautiful. She was in complete control and kicked butt!
Though her telling the history fell a little flat for me, I didn't feel her pain of losing everything.
Mythosaur! Can't wait for the finale of someone riding it into battle!

Overall a great episode to me!
Post edited by Hexen_Jagar on

Replies

  • Options
    Somehow, IG-11...didn't return.
    Hello there.
  • Options
    is gogru ever going to get out of that potato sack outfit, that kid is like 50+ yrs old get a onesie at least
  • Options
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    is gogru ever going to get out of that potato sack outfit, that kid is like 50+ yrs old get a onesie at least

    You're right. Luke could have at least given him a robe. Though maybe it is hiding his chain mail?
  • Ontouralldaynz
    184 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Enjoyed the difference of Bo-Katan welding the darksaber with control and Din not, however I would love to know whom is going to teach him to use it, if he ever masters it? I find it to far fetched that Luke would teach him, however not out of the question. At one point I thought oh bowy grogu is going to pick it up and smash that cave machine. The personality traits of R5 are fantastic.

    One thing I do find annoying though is if you put on the subtitles and all it says is "speaking jawanese" or " speaking rodisian" (the spelling is clearly wrong on both of those terms) ...would be helpful if one day they actually had the subtitles showed their conversation...like it did in Obi Wan series when he interacted with the Jawa in house cave house.

    [CM - Edited to remove inappropriate reference]
    Post edited by EA_Mako on
  • Options

    Enjoyed the difference of her welding the darksaber with control and Din not, however I would love to know whom is going to teach him to use it, if he ever masters it? I find it to far fetched that Luke would teach him, however not out of the question.

    My guess would be Sabine and Ezra.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    The reaction of Bo to seeing the Mythosaur was fantastic. Calling for GL Bo Katan after seeing her crush fools with the dark saber. Far cry from what we have in game :(

    Loved the episode….dang cliff hangers
  • LordDirt
    5132 posts Member
    Options
    I am confused as to what happened to Mando in the water. Did something grab him? If so, why did it drag him a mile under water and let go? If something didnt grab him, how did he sink all the way down the hole?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Wed_Santa
    1025 posts Member
    Options
    I think he just sank. He was having a pretty rough day.

    I really enjoyed the episode but my question at the end was more about the Mandalorian civilisation’s frankly cavalier approach to biodiversity. Thousands of years and they’ve never got round to sorting out the tribes of cannibalistic Alamites that wander about the outskirts of the cities (which must have given holiday picnics a bit of a frisson of excitement)? Or for that matter spotting the blooming great mythosaur under their civic centre?

    I’m feeling a bit more kindly disposed to the foxes who keep going after my bins - it could be a lot worse.
  • flux_rono
    2138 posts Member
    Options
    i like the episode BUT i disliked how quickly and easily Mando took on a new random droid, when his whole thing is about not trusting droids and only likeing IG-11. i get that he's not fixable, but he pretty easily just took a random droid with no issue (yes the girl whos name idk was pitching the droid to him but that doesn't mean he has to accept it)
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    i like the episode BUT i disliked how quickly and easily Mando took on a new random droid, when his whole thing is about not trusting droids and only likeing IG-11. i get that he's not fixable, but he pretty easily just took a random droid with no issue (yes the girl whos name idk was pitching the droid to him but that doesn't mean he has to accept it)

    What else can he do? He's desperate reaching down to the living waters under the mines. And R5 was the only option available. And it comes with a recommendation.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    I think he just sank. He was having a pretty rough day.

    I really enjoyed the episode but my question at the end was more about the Mandalorian civilisation’s frankly cavalier approach to biodiversity. Thousands of years and they’ve never got round to sorting out the tribes of cannibalistic Alamites that wander about the outskirts of the cities (which must have given holiday picnics a bit of a frisson of excitement)? Or for that matter spotting the blooming great mythosaur under their civic centre?

    I’m feeling a bit more kindly disposed to the foxes who keep going after my bins - it could be a lot worse.

    I think for this we have to understand the planet's condition. I mean it's not that the whole planet was a paradise. The capital was basically a dom-shaped oasis surrounded by basically desert. It could well be the Mandalorians never cared much who/what lived outside of it.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I am confused as to what happened to Mando in the water. Did something grab him? If so, why did it drag him a mile under water and let go? If something didnt grab him, how did he sink all the way down the hole?

    Are you serious?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • flux_rono
    2138 posts Member
    Options
    Antario wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    i like the episode BUT i disliked how quickly and easily Mando took on a new random droid, when his whole thing is about not trusting droids and only likeing IG-11. i get that he's not fixable, but he pretty easily just took a random droid with no issue (yes the girl whos name idk was pitching the droid to him but that doesn't mean he has to accept it)

    What else can he do? He's desperate reaching down to the living waters under the mines. And R5 was the only option available. And it comes with a recommendation.

    it just felt too fast, like I would have thought he would say no to r5, try something else and do some weird "quest" that fails (like finding IG11 original repair spot/base, whatever he would go to between missions before for repairs if he did), THEN after that either going back for R5 or just trying to go without a droid first, and come back after that for it.

    just something more then seemly instantly giving into a using a random droid that was recommended despite him always saying "no droids" "I don't trust them" ect
  • LordDirt
    5132 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I am confused as to what happened to Mando in the water. Did something grab him? If so, why did it drag him a mile under water and let go? If something didnt grab him, how did he sink all the way down the hole?

    Are you serious?

    Yes, it mad zero sense. Please explain how it made sense to you.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I am confused as to what happened to Mando in the water. Did something grab him? If so, why did it drag him a mile under water and let go? If something didnt grab him, how did he sink all the way down the hole?

    Are you serious?

    Yes, it mad zero sense. Please explain how it made sense to you.

    Pretty sure he removed his jetpack and then stepped off of the last stair on the ledge.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • LordDirt
    5132 posts Member
    Options
    So he fell at a 45 degree angle to the bottom? Why didnt he just hit the ledge a few feet under him? They had to introduce the mythosaur I get it but there is no way he would sink the way he did.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    So he fell at a 45 degree angle to the bottom? Why didnt he just hit the ledge a few feet under him? They had to introduce the mythosaur I get it but there is no way he would sink the way he did.

    I think you and I watched different episodes. All I’ll say is that I think it’s entirely possible for someone who doesn’t know how to swim and is wearing armor. It’s not just the weight - armor hinders movement and clothing adds drag in the water. There’s a reason Olympic swimmers don’t wear jeans and shirts. And once you lose contact with the wall, it’d be hard for even a good swimmer to arrest the fall without a jetpack.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • LordDirt
    5132 posts Member
    Options
    I know SW doesnt follow physics so I guess suspension of disbelief will have to work. I mean, he did sink faster than someone using a jetpack.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I know SW doesnt follow physics so I guess suspension of disbelief will have to work. I mean, he did sink faster than someone using a jetpack.

    Yes, and they did ignore the effects of pressure. But it’s just a story.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I am confused as to what happened to Mando in the water. Did something grab him? If so, why did it drag him a mile under water and let go? If something didnt grab him, how did he sink all the way down the hole?

    Are you serious?

    Yes, it mad zero sense. Please explain how it made sense to you.

    Go put on a full steel armor and show us how you keep your head above the water. They even reminded us (or at least those that are catching those details) of his heavy armor when BoKat dropped him on the floor when flying out of the pond/lake and we could hear the heavy drop noise.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • LordDirt
    5132 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I am confused as to what happened to Mando in the water. Did something grab him? If so, why did it drag him a mile under water and let go? If something didnt grab him, how did he sink all the way down the hole?

    Are you serious?

    Yes, it mad zero sense. Please explain how it made sense to you.

    Go put on a full steel armor and show us how you keep your head above the water. They even reminded us (or at least those that are catching those details) of his heavy armor when BoKat dropped him on the floor when flying out of the pond/lake and we could hear the heavy drop noise.

    The issue is the drop was not straight down but a crazy incline. He would not have gone a mile down to the bottom at the angle she went. It was just a plot device to show the monster.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Maybe the drop was this "Way" thing they keep referring to.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I am confused as to what happened to Mando in the water. Did something grab him? If so, why did it drag him a mile under water and let go? If something didnt grab him, how did he sink all the way down the hole?

    Are you serious?

    Yes, it mad zero sense. Please explain how it made sense to you.

    Go put on a full steel armor and show us how you keep your head above the water. They even reminded us (or at least those that are catching those details) of his heavy armor when BoKat dropped him on the floor when flying out of the pond/lake and we could hear the heavy drop noise.

    The issue is the drop was not straight down but a crazy incline. He would not have gone a mile down to the bottom at the angle she went. It was just a plot device to show the monster.

    That reminds me of the StarFortress bombing run in space.... Gravity in Star Wars always works differently.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    Maybe the drop was this "Way" thing they keep referring to.

    Or maybe his Beskar armor was magnetically (or magically) pulled by an energy source down there in the living water.
  • Options
    You’re all forgetting: it’s living water
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I know SW doesnt follow physics so I guess suspension of disbelief will have to work. I mean, he did sink faster than someone using a jetpack.

    I had the same question. I suppose this could be explained by beskar being much heavier than normal steel, and he probably tumbled as he went down, and a dose of suspension of disbelief.
  • ragnoris
    70 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Also could be rip currents.
  • Options
    I loved how they set up finally showing Bo Katan as capable while also showing that Mando still has his own lessons to learn about being a Mandalorian. He told Grogu early on that Manod's need to know their way around the galaxy so they're prepared and we saw that play out with him on Mandalore.

    Its not clear that Bo is more capable than Mando but there is zero doubt that she was far more prepared for Mandalore than he was by watching him get wrecked over and over. This could have turned into her being amazing and superpowered or him being weak and inept but they did it just right where they both appear capable and unprepared repsectively.
  • Options
    Well Mando never stood out as a close combat expert to me anyway, but I definitely think that the difference between when Bo gets hold of the Darksaber and when he does was indicative of how Bo was destined to rule Mandalore, while Mando was meant for something else (no less great).
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I am confused as to what happened to Mando in the water. Did something grab him? If so, why did it drag him a mile under water and let go? If something didnt grab him, how did he sink all the way down the hole?

    maybe beskar is a little more dense than it looks
Sign In or Register to comment.