How realistic is it to go for the new cal kestis team f2p?

I’m not super knowledgeable on how long you need to farm nodes for to get a character to 7* and things like that. How many node refreshes a day would I have to do to get all characters at 7* for the first event? How many crystals a day are needed for that? Will the event be like grand inquisitor (2nd event is 6 months later)? Thanks everyone!

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    It'll be 12 weeks or so after their marque before they are farmable. Then...

Hard node farm with two node refreshes per day (15 attempts) is roughly a 56 day farm, assuming you did the corresponding marquee.
    One refresh ~112 days.
    No refresh ~168 days.

Cantina 16 energy nodes are about 25/26 days if you do three energy refreshes a day and put all free energy towards it.

The quoted post below is some maths I did for the Starkiller event. Bear in mind Cal has an extra character which you'd need to account for.
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Hard node farm with two node refreshes per day (15 attempts) is roughly a 56 day farm, assuming you did the corresponding marquee.
    One refresh ~112 days.
    No refresh ~168 days.

If they were all on 16 energy hard nodes (for comparison to cantina) and you were farming them simultaneously, you'd be spending (free energy included):
    Two refreshes = 650 crystals per day (4 x 25 + 4 x 50 on refreshing the node plus 3 x 50 + 2 x 100 for the required energy) = 36,400 crystals total and done in 56 days.
    One refresh = 250 crystals per day (4 x 25 + 3 x 50 on energy = 28,000 crystals total and done in 112 days.
    No refreshes = 0 crystal outlay and can be done with free energy taking 168 days.
    Obviously with the first two options there will be a little left over energy which might make a tiny difference to the costs. Higher energy nodes will have higher crystal investment required.

Compare that to four consecutive Cantina farms (16 energy nodes again for comparison).
    Three energy refreshes a day gets one character in 25.6 days, so four can be done in 103 days, costing 30,900 crystals.
    Four characters with two refreshes per day = 33.1 days each = 133 days costing 26,600
    One refresh = 47 days per character = 188 days total costing 18,800.
    Doing all four with free energy only will take ~325 days.

• Good info, just small correction that 1 refresh a day is expected 84 day farm.

280 shards needed times 3 attempts per shard on average is 840 total sims.

Divided by 10 attempts a day for 1 refresh.
  • I would say pretty realistic since he is only required at g12 for the survivor event, the only problem will be shards.
  • eustas1 wrote: »
    I’m not super knowledgeable on how long you need to farm nodes for to get a character to 7* and things like that. How many node refreshes a day would I have to do to get all characters at 7* for the first event? How many crystals a day are needed for that? Will the event be like grand inquisitor (2nd event is 6 months later)? Thanks everyone!

Unless you have tens of thousands of crystals stashed to buy character shards, there is no way you can get Cal on the first run. The event will be too close to the final character release to do it with farming even 3 refreshes per day. First run is for people with big crystal hoards and spenders. And those weird energy hoarder people. CG have always done this, it's to encourage spending for the FOMO crowd. The delay to the next event is like a reward for their spenders where they have the character exclusively. Crystal and energy hoarders ruin CGs plans.

If you double refresh Cal and Cere you might have them in time. Triple refresh third character might make it. Generally fourth and fifth will not be farmable from nodes far enough ahead of the event to be done in time and will need shards purchased from shipments.

Generally these have come back every 3 months, but then they broke that cadence with GI, so we don't know. If it comes back in 6 months you can basically just slow farm with no refreshes and you'll make it. Maybe one refresh per day for the last character. But if it's 3 months you'll want to be double refreshing the third to fifth released characters.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I would say pretty realistic since he is only required at g12 for the survivor event, the only problem will be shards.

That's a big problem
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH