Can we like double the kyrotechs

The whole point of you guys adding kyros to the game was to help with the carbanti and stun gun bottle neck, now every new character wants 400 kyros on top of the 100 to 200 stun guns and carbantis, how did this even help with the bottle neck? Now we got 2 of them

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    The whole point of you guys adding kyros to the game was to help with the carbanti and stun gun bottle neck

They lied about that
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    The whole point of you guys adding kyros to the game was to help with the carbanti and stun gun bottle neck

They lied about that

Seems that way
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

They lied about that

Seems that way

Not seemed. It is. They straight up lied as they never toned down the other pieces. Just another progression tier that they had the audacity to sell to us as a help.
  • Why double when you can triple it?
  • If they double the kyrotechs I’m sure we would be able to like it
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

They lied about that

Seems that way

Not seemed. It is. They straight up lied as they never toned down the other pieces. Just another progression tier that they had the audacity to sell to us as a help.

Let's not get carried away; we get much more carbantis and stun guns now.
    Still, there is a new bottleneck in town, I'm not denying this at all.

Here is a landscape of monthly Kyros income (please correct me if my math is wrong):

Dailies: 90
    Assault battles: up to 7x20=140 (CT1)
    GC: up to 8x5=40 (T9)
    TB: 130 (GET3)+170(GET2), considering 21* in RotE (8000 GET3 and 11000 GET2)
    TW: 4x10 (if you lose in a 220m+ guild)
    GAC: 125 , considering 2x0-3 and 1x3-0 for simplicity, in Aurodium 3 (8800 tokens total)
    Farming: considering 600 energy per day (I count 3x50 refreshes and zero bonus energy), that's 60x0.2=12 x30 days = 360, less if you farm shards. Let's say half, so 180.

So, depending on where you are in the game, if you devote your "special coins" from TB and GAC for it, you can get 90+140+40+300+40+125+180= 915 kyros per month (735+node farming).

Doubling that will probably widen the bottleneck too much for the developer's taste and a new bottleneck will appear instead.

To try and help OP, you could try to work asap on your Assault battles teams to secure as many CT1 as possible with minimal investment, even if it would slow down your progression in the Journey guide.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

They lied about that

Seems that way

Here is a landscape of monthly Kyros income (please correct me if my math is wrong):

GAC: 125 , considering 2x0-3 and 1x3-0 for simplicity, in Aurodium 3 (8800 tokens total)
    Farming: considering 600 energy per day (I count 3x50 refreshes and zero bonus energy), that's 60x0.2=12 x30 days = 360, less if you farm shards. Let's say half, so 180.

So, depending on where you are in the game, if you devote your "special coins" from TB and GAC for it, you can get 90+140+40+300+40+125+180= 915 kyros per month (735+node farming).

Doubling that will probably widen the bottleneck too much for the developer's taste and a new bottleneck will appear instead.

To try and help OP, you could try to work asap on your Assault battles teams to secure as many CT1 as possible with minimal investment, even if it would slow down your progression in the Journey guide.

No no, back when they implemented kyro’s that’s how they Sold it but did nothing to decrease the amount of other core gear we needed or increased how much we got, until the recent gear changes.

However I do always appreciate the math. So with your numbers don’t forget that you need 50 of each for each slot so that means with the current income we are getting enough kyro’s to take almost 2 characters a month from level zero to G13. Obviously there’s a bit of give and take on which kyrotech you get in drops too but between 1-2 leaves plenty of error in the math.

That’s pretty meh considering that’s focused only on the kyro farms.

If they would’ve doubled the AB battle rewards, upped it to 5 kyro’s in the dailies and brought shock prods on level with keypads for how much you get in the stores then that would’ve been great honestly.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    The 5 shock prods vs 15 computers thing shouldn't matter, if you need shock prods and just keep buying them you'll run out of GET eventually either way.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

They lied about that

Seems that way

Yeah i have all ct3 done excpet for night sister only ct1 is done for it which still gives me the 20 kyrotechs, i took a long break and came back, and now im just using my get3 coins on ki-adi mundi since i didnt get to finish him once thats done it will all be all spent on kyros(already doing that with my get2 and gac coins). Its just disheartening when i look into the gear and see that I need 2000 kyrotechs and 1900 carbantis and stun guns for just 6 units (inqusitors) like back then we didnt need 4000 stun guns or anything like that for 6 units.

Yes the weekly challanges and the fact that we get stun guns from challanges helps a ton for gearing but that still the bottleneck seems to have doubled from before
  • By the way I meant the the nodes to be doubled not everything else
  • I thought they did reduce the average number of stun guns/cuffs/carbs needed to get a character to G12 for new characters? At least for the first few years after introducing Kyros. It’s been a minute since I’ve seen any collected data on it.

Was that not the case?

They lied about that

Seems that way

No no, back when they implemented kyro’s that’s how they Sold it but did nothing to decrease the amount of other core gear we needed or increased how much we got, until the recent gear changes.

However I do always appreciate the math. So with your numbers don’t forget that you need 50 of each for each slot so that means with the current income we are getting enough kyro’s to take almost 2 characters a month from level zero to G13. Obviously there’s a bit of give and take on which kyrotech you get in drops too but between 1-2 leaves plenty of error in the math.

If they would’ve doubled the AB battle rewards, upped it to 5 kyro’s in the dailies and brought shock prods on level with keypads for how much you get in the stores then that would’ve been great honestly.

• Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Its just disheartening when i look into the gear and see that I need 2000 kyrotechs and 1900 carbantis and stun guns for just 6 units (inqusitors) like back then we didnt need 4000 stun guns or anything like that for 6 units
    Inflation. Things are more expensive but we have more income.
    Still, I understand that when you still have tons of characters you want, it’s frustrating. That’s kind of the point and probably why it won’t change until a new bottleneck appears.

• Starslayer wrote: »
    Its just disheartening when i look into the gear and see that I need 2000 kyrotechs and 1900 carbantis and stun guns for just 6 units (inqusitors) like back then we didnt need 4000 stun guns or anything like that for 6 units
    Inflation. Things are more expensive but we have more income.
    Still, I understand that when you still have tons of characters you want, it’s frustrating. That’s kind of the point and probably why it won’t change until a new bottleneck appears.

Relics are becoming a bottleneck of their own lol
  • i think they could just add the ct1 rewards to ct3 as well, that would be a few extra a month. The same rewards for challenge tier 2 and 3 was always a bit weird to me. They can chuck us a few zinbiddle and impulse in there as well while they’re on.
    797-722-718
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Dawnsinger wrote: »
    I thought they did reduce the average number of stun guns/cuffs/carbs needed to get a character to G12 for new characters? At least for the first few years after introducing Kyros. It’s been a minute since I’ve seen any collected data on it.

Was that not the case?

They lied about that

Seems that way

They mostly did, and made it 2 kyro salvage needed for 1 carb salvage so technically yes, reality they just moved the bottleneck from carbs to kyro
  • Dawnsinger
    146 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Isn’t exactly what they said they were going to do? At least when they introduced them they said the goal was to diversify the bottleneck gear so it wasn’t always carbs and stun guns. If that’s what actually happened, why are people agreeing CG lied?

Or is the argument that they added more Kyro gear than they removed the old bottleneck gear? I can’t find the analysis that was out there on gear reqs pre/post Kyros so I don’t know the numbers off hand.
    scuba wrote: »
    I thought they did reduce the average number of stun guns/cuffs/carbs needed to get a character to G12 for new characters? At least for the first few years after introducing Kyros. It’s been a minute since I’ve seen any collected data on it.

Was that not the case?

They lied about that

Seems that way

They mostly did, and made it 2 kyro salvage needed for 1 carb salvage so technically yes, reality they just moved the bottleneck from carbs to kyro

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Isn’t exactly what they said they were going to do? At least when they introduced them they said the goal was to diversify the bottleneck gear so it wasn’t always carbs and stun guns. If that’s what actually happened, why are people agreeing CG lied?

Or is the argument that they added more Kyro gear than they removed the old bottleneck gear? I can’t find the analysis that was out there on gear reqs pre/post Kyros so I don’t know the numbers off hand.
    scuba wrote: »

Was that not the case?

They lied about that

Seems that way

They added more than they removed.
    1 carb takes 50 salvage
    1 kyro takes 100 salvage.

They also seemed to not really backed off on the carbs anymore, however they are giving more so they are not such a big deal.

Note: I don't really care about the kyro crunch, there will always need to be a crunch on gear somewhere and I personally farm it fast enough that I don't find it as much of an issue as others. Right side G12 and medpacs slow me down more than anything.
  • The issue is, where does that crunch occur? Given how relic 5 is basically the minimum level required to use characters effectively, generally speaking, it would be preferable to make the bottleneck be after relic 5. Then when you want to go from usable character to powerful at relic 7, 8, and 9 you have to grind it out
  • Totally agree re: kyros being the biggest gear bottleneck but how did they increase the carbanti income? They added guns and cuffs to challenges, but was carbanti added somewhere? Or is it just by virtue of not having to spend guild currency on the other pieces?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    They doubled it everywhere outside of daily challenges and daily prize box. You get double in the stores for the same price, double from raids, double from events, etc.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    They doubled it everywhere outside of daily challenges and daily prize box. You get double in the stores for the same price, double from raids, double from events, etc.

They didn't double kyros.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Talking about Carbantis in response to post just above.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Ah, that makes sense, though it was unclear without a quote since the title of the post is about kyrotechs being doubled.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

Ah, that makes sense, though it was unclear without a quote since the title of the post is about kyrotechs being doubled.

I don't typically quote when responding directly above me.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

I know this might come as a shock, but I don't actually know your posting habits. I was scrolling through a thread I didn't read yesterday, actually completely missed what the guy above you said, and saw your post about doubling so assumed it had to do with the OP since you didn't quote. *exasperated* MY BAD.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

I know this might come as a shock, but I don't actually know your posting habits. I was scrolling through a thread I didn't read yesterday, actually completely missed what the guy above you said, and saw your post about doubling so assumed it had to do with the OP since you didn't quote. *exasperated* MY BAD.

Lol I was just explaining, no need to be so exasperated about it.
  • Profit
    281 posts Member
    *gasp* But now you quoted the above response, so confusing.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Profit wrote: »
    *gasp* But now you quoted the above response, so confusing.

caught :'(
  • They will only give more when newer characters need a new bottleneck gear. Oh and thats if they dont muddy the waters in how they explain the delivery of gear acceleration.