Y'all letting Walmart do your Web Store math?

Whatelse73
2204 posts Member
So if you buy it in the store, it's more expensive because it's a special deal? I realize your deovtion to bleeding our wallets for datacron rubbish, but this is G12 gear and it's 24 cents more expensive. I thought G12 was supposed to be "easier" to get. I could go on and on...

This isn't the only pack like that either. lol

dse6nwdc41bw.jpg

Replies

  • Zouss57
    44 posts Member
    Options
    14.99?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    Options
    Zouss57 wrote: »
    14.99?

    I believe it is $14.99. I wanna know what “Over 300% value!” means.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Zouss57 wrote: »
    14.99?

    I believe it is $14.99. I wanna know what “Over 300% value!” means.

    Value of items inside the bundle (in comparison to buying them one by one)?
    I think it's a standard way of writing ads in mobile games
  • Whatelse73
    2204 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Zouss57 wrote: »
    14.99?

    I believe it is $14.99. I wanna know what “Over 300% value!” means.

    Quite possible. If only they tested this kind of stuff before they implemented it.

    Or perhaps the common sense checker person wasn't in the office today? If you haven't hired one of those yet, I seriously recommend it because you keep not using common sense.
  • Whatelse73
    2204 posts Member
    Options
    Ratinira wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Zouss57 wrote: »
    14.99?

    I believe it is $14.99. I wanna know what “Over 300% value!” means.

    Value of items inside the bundle (in comparison to buying them one by one)?
    I think it's a standard way of writing ads in mobile games

    Still walmart math. Someone did the calculations for that 300% value thing and it's not even close to 300%. But it's okay because their lawyers will have a standard legal response just like "surprise mechanics" and whatnot.
  • Options
    Zouss57 wrote: »
    14.99?

    Yes, it is correct.

    wicnkyl5x9fe.jpg


    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ratinira wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Zouss57 wrote: »
    14.99?

    I believe it is $14.99. I wanna know what “Over 300% value!” means.

    Value of items inside the bundle (in comparison to buying them one by one)?
    I think it's a standard way of writing ads in mobile games

    Still walmart math. Someone did the calculations for that 300% value thing and it's not even close to 300%. But it's okay because their lawyers will have a standard legal response just like "surprise mechanics" and whatnot.

    I dont see this particular bundle, but I have bundles in game with 3 G12 details and they cost $50...
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Zouss57 wrote: »
    14.99?

    I believe it is $14.99. I wanna know what “Over 300% value!” means.

    I am curious too, so i made a little calculation.
    Please check my calculation, as I am also a human who can do wrong.

    ======

    For the sake of simplicity, i will call the items as....

    Item XYZ = the full G12 gear.
    Item A = the 1st component for building item XYZ.
    Item B = the 2nd component fot building item XYZ.

    Item A.1 = the component for building item A.
    Item B.1 = the component for building item B.

    ======

    cyuht26h5ota.jpg

    Item XYZ can be built with 1 item A + 2 item B.
    Item A it self has to be built with 30 item A.1.
    And Item B has to be built with 20 Item B.1. So actually, one needs 40 item B.1.

    The price of 30 item A.1 = 900 crystals
    The price of 40 item B.1 = 1,200 crystals.

    And the credits needed to build Item XYZ = 20,350 + 14,000 + (2 x 5,050) = 44,450

    ======

    90qdm0fgr8hf.jpg

    I say 70k crystals = THB 80, because I use the worst luck one would likely get out of such package.

    So, according to the pict above, 44,450 credits are 49 crystals.

    So, the total crystal cost to build item XYZ = 900 + 1,200 + 49 = 2,149 crystals.

    It can be converted to RL money >>> 2,149 crystals = THB 516.

    ======

    cab9gajtqtiq.jpg

    The package it self priced at THB 522 and contains 2 G12 gears.

    Lets's say we get 2 Item XYZs, it means we get the value of THB 1,032, while we pay only THB 522.

    ======

    Conclusion:

    If we get 2 item XYZs then it is only 200%, not 300% like what the ads says.

    We need to calculate the price of the most expensive full G12 gear (whatever that might be), to know if it is really true that one will get 300% value out of this package.

    Some1 is welcome to try it. Above calculation serves just as an illustration..


    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Options
    Cant you just take the prices right of the store? AFAIK those are exactly the price of all individual components for relic pieces
  • Options

    Some1 is welcome to try it. Above calculation serves just as an illustration..

    IMG_20230309_122149.jpg
  • Options
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    Cant you just take the prices right of the store? AFAIK those are exactly the price of all individual components for relic pieces

    Sorry, i didn't know that such things existed.
    I don't see them in my web store, price for individual full G12 gear.

    I see only these in the ingame store.
    fl5mf6sugdr0.jpg

    And yes, you are right, that would be simpler, if I could just take the individual price of full G12 gear from the store. But sorry, i can't find it.
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • Options
    So:

    1)521.77/2 = 261 per 1 item

    2)1800/3 = 600 per 1 item
    3700/3 = 1233 per item
    average: (600+1233)/2 = 917 pet item

    So the average cost of items in bundle is 917 per item and you pay 261 per item... in average
  • TVF
    36744 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    So if you buy it in the store, it's more expensive because it's a special deal? I realize your deovtion to bleeding our wallets for datacron rubbish, but this is G12 gear and it's 24 cents more expensive.

    I know it has been answered but since you moved the goalposts rather than acknowledging the mistake, I'll answer it again.

    No it isn't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Whatelse73
    2204 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    So if you buy it in the store, it's more expensive because it's a special deal? I realize your deovtion to bleeding our wallets for datacron rubbish, but this is G12 gear and it's 24 cents more expensive.

    I know it has been answered but since you moved the goalposts rather than acknowledging the mistake, I'll answer it again.

    No it isn't.

    You say that as if they are literal goalposts, not figurative ones. If the price is actually 14.99, so be it. (I even liked multiple posts pointing that out.) They still released something yet again without doing a common sense check. Their 300% value "appears" to be a reach according to some of the math done above. (So, still appropriate to Wal-Mart math)

    If only there was a way for CG to check things before they were released, to determine quality of product? They could call it Quality confirmation, or maybe Quality Control? Perhaps Quality Insurance. Hmm, how about Quality Assurance? Any of those could work I suppose. Perhaps the CGDF will volunteer to help with that?

    Any other perspectives from the CGDF today?
  • el_mago
    753 posts Member
    Options
    i agree with TVF.

    your first ill-conceived argument was that $14.24 was more than the (incorrectly assumed) $14.00 - goalpost set - and when someone mentioned the 300% issue, you latched on that as your main issue - goalpost moved.

    Just take the L on this one and create a new thread for your new "CG has gone and done it again" post.
  • TVF
    36744 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    So if you buy it in the store, it's more expensive because it's a special deal? I realize your deovtion to bleeding our wallets for datacron rubbish, but this is G12 gear and it's 24 cents more expensive.

    I know it has been answered but since you moved the goalposts rather than acknowledging the mistake, I'll answer it again.

    No it isn't.

    You say that as if they are literal goalposts, not figurative ones. If the price is actually 14.99, so be it. (I even liked multiple posts pointing that out.)

    You moved the goalposts of the thread. Your OP was about one thing, the price "increase." That was wrong.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • scuba
    14141 posts Member
    Options
    I don't even see why it matters. 300% value or 100% value.
    Value is in the eye of the purchaser.
    To me it has 0 value and I wouldn't buy it.
  • GegeGerard24
    435 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I don't even see why it matters. 300% value or 100% value.

    It does matter.

    If any1 remembers how SUBWAY (the sandwich) was prosecuted because it sold "1 foot long sandwich" which was not 1 foot. In the end, SUBWAY agreed to settle the lawsuit with a half million dollars.

    False advertisement is against the law.

    BUT...

    On the other side, the game gives out many crystals for free to pay for those full G12 gears.
    So, if you are bothered with the allegedly not true "300% value", don't buy the gears with RL money, but with crystals.

    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I don't even see why it matters. 300% value or 100% value.

    It does matter.

    If any1 remembers how SUBWAY (the sandwich) was prosecuted because it sold "1 foot long sandwich" which was not 1 foot. In the end, SUBWAY agreed to settle the lawsuit with a half million dollars.

    False advertisement is against the law.

    BUT...

    On the other side, the game gives out many crystals for free to pay for those full G12 gears.
    So, if you are bothered with the allegedly not true "300% value", don't buy the gears with RL money, but with crystals.

    This is very common terminology, and not false advertisement. They didn't say it's 300% value based on crystal cost. They gave no details. I guarantee they have some internal table with cost just in case, but no entity that has the power to do anything about anything would actually ask them about it.
  • scuba
    14141 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I don't even see why it matters. 300% value or 100% value.

    It does matter.

    If any1 remembers how SUBWAY (the sandwich) was prosecuted because it sold "1 foot long sandwich" which was not 1 foot. In the end, SUBWAY agreed to settle the lawsuit with a half million dollars.

    False advertisement is against the law.

    BUT...

    On the other side, the game gives out many crystals for free to pay for those full G12 gears.
    So, if you are bothered with the allegedly not true "300% value", don't buy the gears with RL money, but with crystals.

    Not even close to the same thing

    Value as a unit of measure is vague (on purpose)

    " Over 300% value" means jack, since they never gave you the measuring stick.

    Every micro transaction game I have ever played uses the same terminology to get suckers, I mean players to part with their money.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    So if you buy it in the store, it's more expensive because it's a special deal? I realize your deovtion to bleeding our wallets for datacron rubbish, but this is G12 gear and it's 24 cents more expensive.

    I know it has been answered but since you moved the goalposts rather than acknowledging the mistake, I'll answer it again.

    No it isn't.

    You say that as if they are literal goalposts, not figurative ones. If the price is actually 14.99, so be it. (I even liked multiple posts pointing that out.)

    You moved the goalposts of the thread. Your OP was about one thing, the price "increase." That was wrong.

    When are you getting your Moderator title here?
  • Options
    el_mago wrote: »
    i agree with TVF.

    your first ill-conceived argument was that $14.24 was more than the (incorrectly assumed) $14.00 - goalpost set - and when someone mentioned the 300% issue, you latched on that as your main issue - goalpost moved.

    Just take the L on this one and create a new thread for your new "CG has gone and done it again" post.

    Who are you?
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    el_mago wrote: »
    i agree with TVF.

    your first ill-conceived argument was that $14.24 was more than the (incorrectly assumed) $14.00 - goalpost set - and when someone mentioned the 300% issue, you latched on that as your main issue - goalpost moved.

    Just take the L on this one and create a new thread for your new "CG has gone and done it again" post.

    Who are you?

    Not a member of your CG Whining Club obviously 😂
  • el_mago
    753 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    el_mago wrote: »
    i agree with TVF.

    your first ill-conceived argument was that $14.24 was more than the (incorrectly assumed) $14.00 - goalpost set - and when someone mentioned the 300% issue, you latched on that as your main issue - goalpost moved.

    Just take the L on this one and create a new thread for your new "CG has gone and done it again" post.

    Who are you?

    the one who is trying to keep you on topic. you could use the help, obviously.
Sign In or Register to comment.