Is it ok for Reeva to kill GL on auto?

Replies

  • Options
    @StewartH
    So by your logic Malgus, CAT, Maul, etc should be able to solo every team including GLs because they require what…200+ relic levels, 1-2 GLs and another 4-5 solid teams to unlock.

    You don't understand the conversations here at all, do you?

    If the OP says that the sky is green and CUP is more powerful than LV, articulating that the sky is blue is not ALSO agreeing that CUP is more powerful than LV.

    Reva is approximately 1/2 the investment of an early GL Period. End of sentence. It stands on its own.

    There is nothing at all --- and sure as heck fire not "logic" --- that makes that into a statement about which toons can or should beat GLs (some or all of them).

    I'm not troubled if Reva Inqs beat JMK squads (with synergy) or JMLsquads or both since they specifically said that they wanted Inqs to do this under Grand Inq when you add in Omicrons and they should be even better with Reva, which could mean that they can beat the Jedi GLs with no (active) omicrons. Or it could mean that they would still require active Omicrons. Either way doesn't bother me.

    It does trouble me if the Inqs defeat other GL squads. I was quite clear above that I said that making Reva on a power-level par with Malgus sounds about right to me. But I don't run this game and I'm not outraged when CG makes power balancing choices that I disagree with.

    In addition to all that, the OP was never clear whether this was teams of equal total relic levels or if it was in the presence of an Inq Datacron or if it was even in PvE or PvP. Frankly, the OP was vague enough that I honestly didn't care much about the debate. As I've now said a couple times: it wouldn't bother me if Reva couldn't beat JMK. It wouldn't bother me if Reva could.

    Therefore, I took no position on those issues, and you are deeply, deeply confused if you think "logic" means that I did.

    Separately: I acknowledge Profit's point that like all TB toons you **technically** don't need anything at all to get Reva, although also technically then you wouldn't be able to beat any GLs since she needs her Inq friends to do it.
  • StewartH
    156 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    .
  • Devian
    672 posts Member
    Options
    @StewartH
    So by your logic Malgus, CAT, Maul, etc should be able to solo every team including GLs because they require what…200+ relic levels, 1-2 GLs and another 4-5 solid teams to unlock.

    You don't understand the conversations here at all, do you?

    If the OP says that the sky is green and CUP is more powerful than LV, articulating that the sky is blue is not ALSO agreeing that CUP is more powerful than LV.

    Reva is approximately 1/2 the investment of an early GL Period. End of sentence. It stands on its own.

    There is nothing at all --- and sure as heck fire not "logic" --- that makes that into a statement about which toons can or should beat GLs (some or all of them).

    I'm not troubled if Reva Inqs beat JMK squads (with synergy) or JMLsquads or both since they specifically said that they wanted Inqs to do this under Grand Inq when you add in Omicrons and they should be even better with Reva, which could mean that they can beat the Jedi GLs with no (active) omicrons. Or it could mean that they would still require active Omicrons. Either way doesn't bother me.

    It does trouble me if the Inqs defeat other GL squads. I was quite clear above that I said that making Reva on a power-level par with Malgus sounds about right to me. But I don't run this game and I'm not outraged when CG makes power balancing choices that I disagree with.

    In addition to all that, the OP was never clear whether this was teams of equal total relic levels or if it was in the presence of an Inq Datacron or if it was even in PvE or PvP. Frankly, the OP was vague enough that I honestly didn't care much about the debate. As I've now said a couple times: it wouldn't bother me if Reva couldn't beat JMK. It wouldn't bother me if Reva could.

    Therefore, I took no position on those issues, and you are deeply, deeply confused if you think "logic" means that I did.

    Separately: I acknowledge Profit's point that like all TB toons you **technically** don't need anything at all to get Reva, although also technically then you wouldn't be able to beat any GLs since she needs her Inq friends to do it.
    ****, I hate typing this for 2nd time, coz editing reequires approval.
    Ok, so after you mentioned me so many time(hopefully I'm not responsible of all problems on earth), and if you didn't wantch any video with reva vs other gls:
    reva without datacrons and obviously omicrons can easily annihilate every single gl with lifters, and does it on auto in most cases (it requires manual intervention to kill rey under her "invunerable" mechanic).
    And, there is a huge possibility that no GL can kill her if she uses all 3 omicrons (ok, mb rey can)
  • Options
    Okay.

    Now you've been clearer in your criticism. I'm happy you clarified it, though you probably should have put all of the above in your OP.

    I agree with you that that seems too powerful.

    I also don't care that much. On the previous page I said she should be approximately on par with Malgus. I still hold that opinion but it's just my opinion. CG is going to do what CG does and since this won't ruin my favourite game modes my agreement with you, while real, isn't enough to make me yell at CG for this outrage.

    Good luck with your mission.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Currently she’s bugged because why should CG test their game?

    If she still performs like this after the fix she needs a nerf considering what they’ve done in the past to so many character kits and omicrons under the guise of “too effective at beating GL’s.”

    See Traya, QGJ, JKL, GAS, etc.

    It’s not really fair to compare those non-gls with what’s probably the hardest unit to get in the game.
    I don’t care if she can beat everything, because she can only be used once in Gac. The only thing that matters imo is : can we beat her with something outside of mirrors ?
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Currently she’s bugged because why should CG test their game?

    If she still performs like this after the fix she needs a nerf considering what they’ve done in the past to so many character kits and omicrons under the guise of “too effective at beating GL’s.”

    See Traya, QGJ, JKL, GAS, etc.

    It’s not really fair to compare those non-gls with what’s probably the hardest unit to get in the game.
    I don’t care if she can beat everything, because she can only be used once in Gac. The only thing that matters imo is : can we beat her with something outside of mirrors ?

    Well it is fair because CG set out a blueprint and tier level of their own characters. Honestly I’d argue she’s easier to get than other journey or legacy characters based on farming but that’s purely anecdotal and of one’s opinion.

    If they didn’t nerf all the other toons or redo the omicrons to not include GL’s so as to beat them, this wouldn’t be an issue for me. It would be a great addition for a power house offense with inquisitors for GAC and other game modes. However they set their own precedent.
  • cr24
    6 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    They'll nerf after the kraken guilds lose exclusivity to her
  • Options
    She's the new Shiny, what did you expect? Perhaps she's bugged still and they might fix that and if so, then okay fine. But she's "new" and GL's are old.

    They probably want her to beat GL's so that you and your whole guild will whale / kraken out on Inquisitors in order to unlock her. It doesn't matter if she violates their whole "character tier" guideline because she's the new shiny you have to put a lot of resources into getting. The more resources you put into getting her, the happier CG gets.

    Same goes for datacrons, they are a dumpster fire, but CG doesn't care because people use resources to get better datacrons. So what if B teams can full auto your GL's! "Datacrons are a fun and exciting new way to play the game!" (According to CG's lawyers) Even without a datacron she can destroy GL's, which is problematic.

    Again, if she's bugged and not intended to be able to destroy every GL and they fix that, okay cool. But, I'll believe it when we see it. (About a 50/50 for me based on previous CG releases.)
  • scuba
    14101 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    She's the new Shiny, what did you expect? Perhaps she's bugged still and they might fix that and if so, then okay fine. But she's "new" and GL's are old.

    They probably want her to beat GL's so that you and your whole guild will whale / kraken out on Inquisitors in order to unlock her. It doesn't matter if she violates their whole "character tier" guideline because she's the new shiny you have to put a lot of resources into getting. The more resources you put into getting her, the happier CG gets.

    Same goes for datacrons, they are a dumpster fire, but CG doesn't care because people use resources to get better datacrons. So what if B teams can full auto your GL's! "Datacrons are a fun and exciting new way to play the game!" (According to CG's lawyers) Even without a datacron she can destroy GL's, which is problematic.

    Again, if she's bugged and not intended to be able to destroy every GL and they fix that, okay cool. But, I'll believe it when we see it. (About a 50/50 for me based on previous CG releases.)

    Now now get it right. CG will let this longer for a couple of months so people spend $$$ towards speeding up her acquisition and then they will nerf her.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Currently she’s bugged because why should CG test their game?

    If she still performs like this after the fix she needs a nerf considering what they’ve done in the past to so many character kits and omicrons under the guise of “too effective at beating GL’s.”

    See Traya, QGJ, JKL, GAS, etc.

    It’s not really fair to compare those non-gls with what’s probably the hardest unit to get in the game.
    I don’t care if she can beat everything, because she can only be used once in Gac. The only thing that matters imo is : can we beat her with something outside of mirrors ?

    Well it is fair because CG set out a blueprint and tier level of their own characters. Honestly I’d argue she’s easier to get than other journey or legacy characters based on farming but that’s purely anecdotal and of one’s opinion.

    If they didn’t nerf all the other toons or redo the omicrons to not include GL’s so as to beat them, this wouldn’t be an issue for me. It would be a great addition for a power house offense with inquisitors for GAC and other game modes. However they set their own precedent.

    From nov 2022 RA:
    Being a Territory Battle acquired unit, Third Sister’s power-level is aimed to be similar to that of the Grand Inquisitor, challenging Galactic Legends in the Grand Arena game mode through her Omicron abilities.

    So I stand corrected: she should need her omicron to beat GLs. So most likely, nerf incoming.
  • Options
    Nice catch, @Starslayer !
  • Options
    I dont mind Reva being omega op because its like a ode to the hardcore guilds from the devs, its like, i see you and in a way i respect you, enjoy the best team in the game.
    But i want to know if a nerf is on the way, i hope not, because im going inquisitorious lol
  • Options
    I dont mind Reva being omega op because its like a ode to the hardcore guilds from the devs, its like, i see you and in a way i respect you, enjoy the best team in the game.
    But i want to know if a nerf is on the way, i hope not, because im going inquisitorious lol

    The thing is, eventually it will not be just the kraken guilds. then she will be nerfed
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    I dont mind Reva being omega op because its like a ode to the hardcore guilds from the devs, its like, i see you and in a way i respect you, enjoy the best team in the game.
    But i want to know if a nerf is on the way, i hope not, because im going inquisitorious lol

    The thing is, eventually it will not be just the kraken guilds. then she will be nerfed

    CG better nerf her now. If they drag this on until the kraken guilds got their share of the benefit and then nerf her, I assure you there will be such an outcry because of the injustice. Not to the f2p folks, but to everyone spending now to get her.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Antario wrote: »
    I dont mind Reva being omega op because its like a ode to the hardcore guilds from the devs, its like, i see you and in a way i respect you, enjoy the best team in the game.
    But i want to know if a nerf is on the way, i hope not, because im going inquisitorious lol

    The thing is, eventually it will not be just the kraken guilds. then she will be nerfed

    CG better nerf her now. If they drag this on until the kraken guilds got their share of the benefit and then nerf her, I assure you there will be such an outcry because of the injustice. Not to the f2p folks, but to everyone spending now to get her.

    They don't care about the outcry, just about the spending.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    They don't care about the outcry, just about the spending.

    ...a bad product means less revenue, so CG fail. Again.
  • oXXo
    17 posts Member
    Options
    The discussion for the value is not the Point. This is a Star Wars Game. For every Fan of the Star Wars universe it is a blame to all Hero’s of this Universe. There is a Team that is over Meta it could Auto every GL team. Remember the discussion with LV when he was beaten by BH, troopers and cheese SLKR. CG say it is OK they not want Meta Teams, every Team must be able to beat and no Team is good enough to beat every other Team.
    GL must be the strongest Charakter in SWGOH if not the core of the Game dies.
    Why they not make a add Funktion for GLs with a special Mission in Journey. Why upgrading a non GL Team over all GL. That is absolutely a move in the false direction.
  • Options
    Why are you all still crying here? According to road ahead she is over performing and she will get nerfed, almost none of you here will even see her while she is the way she is now, everyone losing their mind over this
  • Options
    Why are you all still crying here? According to road ahead she is over performing and she will get nerfed, almost none of you here will even see her while she is the way she is now, everyone losing their mind over this

    Why would you give up a free chance to complain about the game?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Why are you all still crying here? According to road ahead she is over performing and she will get nerfed, almost none of you here will even see her while she is the way she is now, everyone losing their mind over this

    That's not historically true though. It's as often it's because of player response to some issue that shaped the way forward as much as cg's own intervention with something lying outside of their aim. This topic is alarming them what will happen if the unit starts getting unlocked as is...which is a pretty close timeline.
  • Options
    After the nerf of Traya's omicron, and CG's reasoning that generally there are tiers of characters and how they perform against characters outside of their tier is pretty strictly regulated, I would imagine they are going to nerf Reva, given how they indicated they wanted her to perform as a character obtained from a TB
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Why are you all still crying here? According to road ahead she is over performing and she will get nerfed, almost none of you here will even see her while she is the way she is now, everyone losing their mind over this

    That's not historically true though. It's as often it's because of player response to some issue that shaped the way forward as much as cg's own intervention with something lying outside of their aim. This topic is alarming them what will happen if the unit starts getting unlocked as is...which is a pretty close timeline.

    This is absolutely historically correct, qui gon jin, traya, vader, gas, Jedi Luke, Thrawn, WAT, anything that was killing GLs easily got smacked by the nerf hammer, they all had like 1 month to shine before they got nerfed
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Why are you all still crying here? According to road ahead she is over performing and she will get nerfed, almost none of you here will even see her while she is the way she is now, everyone losing their mind over this

    That's not historically true though. It's as often it's because of player response to some issue that shaped the way forward as much as cg's own intervention with something lying outside of their aim. This topic is alarming them what will happen if the unit starts getting unlocked as is...which is a pretty close timeline.

    This is absolutely historically correct, qui gon jin, traya, vader, gas, Jedi Luke, Thrawn, WAT, anything that was killing GLs easily got smacked by the nerf hammer, they all had like 1 month to shine before they got nerfed

    Not really...given that you are also ignoring player input that led to those decisions like you are claiming it is not neccesary right now. It doesn't came around by what you consider crying and cg being a good barometer of principles they lay out themselves.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Why are you all still crying here? According to road ahead she is over performing and she will get nerfed, almost none of you here will even see her while she is the way she is now, everyone losing their mind over this

    That's not historically true though. It's as often it's because of player response to some issue that shaped the way forward as much as cg's own intervention with something lying outside of their aim. This topic is alarming them what will happen if the unit starts getting unlocked as is...which is a pretty close timeline.

    This is absolutely historically correct, qui gon jin, traya, vader, gas, Jedi Luke, Thrawn, WAT, anything that was killing GLs easily got smacked by the nerf hammer, they all had like 1 month to shine before they got nerfed

    Not really...given that you are also ignoring player input that led to those decisions like you are claiming it is not neccesary right now. It doesn't came around by what you consider crying and cg being a good barometer of principles they lay out themselves.

    Please do show me the page up on pages of people crying and saying qui gon op qui gon nerf please cg dady, cause all I remmber was everyone crying about qui gon getting nerfed
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Why are you all still crying here? According to road ahead she is over performing and she will get nerfed, almost none of you here will even see her while she is the way she is now, everyone losing their mind over this

    That's not historically true though. It's as often it's because of player response to some issue that shaped the way forward as much as cg's own intervention with something lying outside of their aim. This topic is alarming them what will happen if the unit starts getting unlocked as is...which is a pretty close timeline.

    This is absolutely historically correct, qui gon jin, traya, vader, gas, Jedi Luke, Thrawn, WAT, anything that was killing GLs easily got smacked by the nerf hammer, they all had like 1 month to shine before they got nerfed

    Not really...given that you are also ignoring player input that led to those decisions like you are claiming it is not neccesary right now. It doesn't came around by what you consider crying and cg being a good barometer of principles they lay out themselves.

    Please do show me the page up on pages of people crying and saying qui gon op qui gon nerf please cg dady, cause all I remmber was everyone crying about qui gon getting nerfed

    Almost in each situation there was also people against any nerf in different ratios. Sometimes the community was completely against it, sometimes divided etc.

    What I'm certain though is that it's not crying to opiniate on something or that it doesn't matter we post our concerns and instead should assume auto what's gonna happen will happen the same.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Why are you all still crying here? According to road ahead she is over performing and she will get nerfed, almost none of you here will even see her while she is the way she is now, everyone losing their mind over this

    That's not historically true though. It's as often it's because of player response to some issue that shaped the way forward as much as cg's own intervention with something lying outside of their aim. This topic is alarming them what will happen if the unit starts getting unlocked as is...which is a pretty close timeline.

    This is absolutely historically correct, qui gon jin, traya, vader, gas, Jedi Luke, Thrawn, WAT, anything that was killing GLs easily got smacked by the nerf hammer, they all had like 1 month to shine before they got nerfed

    Not really...given that you are also ignoring player input that led to those decisions like you are claiming it is not neccesary right now. It doesn't came around by what you consider crying and cg being a good barometer of principles they lay out themselves.

    Please do show me the page up on pages of people crying and saying qui gon op qui gon nerf please cg dady, cause all I remmber was everyone crying about qui gon getting nerfed

    Almost in each situation there was also people against any nerf in different ratios. Sometimes the community was completely against it, sometimes divided etc.

    What I'm certain though is that it's not crying to opiniate on something or that it doesn't matter we post our concerns and instead should assume auto what's gonna happen will happen the same.

    Disregarding the hyperbole, I don't actually recall a single post suggesting anyone in the community wanted the QGJ omicron to be nerfed. I only recall the people upset with the decision. Are there posts in which someone in the community said it needed to be nerfed?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Why are you all still crying here? According to road ahead she is over performing and she will get nerfed, almost none of you here will even see her while she is the way she is now, everyone losing their mind over this

    That's not historically true though. It's as often it's because of player response to some issue that shaped the way forward as much as cg's own intervention with something lying outside of their aim. This topic is alarming them what will happen if the unit starts getting unlocked as is...which is a pretty close timeline.

    This is absolutely historically correct, qui gon jin, traya, vader, gas, Jedi Luke, Thrawn, WAT, anything that was killing GLs easily got smacked by the nerf hammer, they all had like 1 month to shine before they got nerfed

    Not really...given that you are also ignoring player input that led to those decisions like you are claiming it is not neccesary right now. It doesn't came around by what you consider crying and cg being a good barometer of principles they lay out themselves.

    Please do show me the page up on pages of people crying and saying qui gon op qui gon nerf please cg dady, cause all I remmber was everyone crying about qui gon getting nerfed

    Almost in each situation there was also people against any nerf in different ratios. Sometimes the community was completely against it, sometimes divided etc.

    What I'm certain though is that it's not crying to opiniate on something or that it doesn't matter we post our concerns and instead should assume auto what's gonna happen will happen the same.

    Disregarding the hyperbole, I don't actually recall a single post suggesting anyone in the community wanted the QGJ omicron to be nerfed. I only recall the people upset with the decision. Are there posts in which someone in the community said it needed to be nerfed?

    For one the current topic is the reverse situation where a good percentage of the community seems to want a nerf. For two I never said cg acts only if there is a community concern or directly taking the community concern as what to do. I guess all these would be self evident, but guess not. My point is super simple and which is probably the part you considered an hyperbole.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Disregarding the hyperbole, I don't actually recall a single post suggesting anyone in the community wanted the QGJ omicron to be nerfed. I only recall the people upset with the decision. Are there posts in which someone in the community said it needed to be nerfed?

    He was one shotting SLKR. There was a bit of an uproar about that. But again most of the people that complain about things in the game typically aren't affected by them. QGJ needed to be nerfed. One shotting a GL from full health and protection is a little much. Omi's are different though than this. Reva not even getting benefit of hers yet. That will be ugly. She'll probably get nerfed. I'm still months away so don't really care.
  • Ultra
    11548 posts Moderator
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Why are you all still crying here? According to road ahead she is over performing and she will get nerfed, almost none of you here will even see her while she is the way she is now, everyone losing their mind over this

    That's not historically true though. It's as often it's because of player response to some issue that shaped the way forward as much as cg's own intervention with something lying outside of their aim. This topic is alarming them what will happen if the unit starts getting unlocked as is...which is a pretty close timeline.

    This is absolutely historically correct, qui gon jin, traya, vader, gas, Jedi Luke, Thrawn, WAT, anything that was killing GLs easily got smacked by the nerf hammer, they all had like 1 month to shine before they got nerfed

    Not really...given that you are also ignoring player input that led to those decisions like you are claiming it is not neccesary right now. It doesn't came around by what you consider crying and cg being a good barometer of principles they lay out themselves.

    Please do show me the page up on pages of people crying and saying qui gon op qui gon nerf please cg dady, cause all I remmber was everyone crying about qui gon getting nerfed

    Almost in each situation there was also people against any nerf in different ratios. Sometimes the community was completely against it, sometimes divided etc.

    What I'm certain though is that it's not crying to opiniate on something or that it doesn't matter we post our concerns and instead should assume auto what's gonna happen will happen the same.

    Disregarding the hyperbole, I don't actually recall a single post suggesting anyone in the community wanted the QGJ omicron to be nerfed. I only recall the people upset with the decision. Are there posts in which someone in the community said it needed to be nerfed?

    For one the current topic is the reverse situation where a good percentage of the community seems to want a nerf. For two I never said cg acts only if there is a community concern or directly taking the community concern as what to do. I guess all these would be self evident, but guess not. My point is super simple and which is probably the part you considered an hyperbole.

    Reva needs like 750 kyros

    imagine investing that much on one unit and not beating GLs

    I mean if she gets nerfed pretty bad and she’s more accessible over time, it won’t change how much pain she is to gear up for a not so impressive toon
Sign In or Register to comment.