• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Why are you all still crying here? According to road ahead she is over performing and she will get nerfed, almost none of you here will even see her while she is the way she is now, everyone losing their mind over this

That's not historically true though. It's as often it's because of player response to some issue that shaped the way forward as much as cg's own intervention with something lying outside of their aim. This topic is alarming them what will happen if the unit starts getting unlocked as is...which is a pretty close timeline.

This is absolutely historically correct, qui gon jin, traya, vader, gas, Jedi Luke, Thrawn, WAT, anything that was killing GLs easily got smacked by the nerf hammer, they all had like 1 month to shine before they got nerfed

Not really...given that you are also ignoring player input that led to those decisions like you are claiming it is not neccesary right now. It doesn't came around by what you consider crying and cg being a good barometer of principles they lay out themselves.

Please do show me the page up on pages of people crying and saying qui gon op qui gon nerf please cg dady, cause all I remmber was everyone crying about qui gon getting nerfed

Almost in each situation there was also people against any nerf in different ratios. Sometimes the community was completely against it, sometimes divided etc.

What I'm certain though is that it's not crying to opiniate on something or that it doesn't matter we post our concerns and instead should assume auto what's gonna happen will happen the same.

Disregarding the hyperbole, I don't actually recall a single post suggesting anyone in the community wanted the QGJ omicron to be nerfed. I only recall the people upset with the decision. Are there posts in which someone in the community said it needed to be nerfed?

For one the current topic is the reverse situation where a good percentage of the community seems to want a nerf. For two I never said cg acts only if there is a community concern or directly taking the community concern as what to do. I guess all these would be self evident, but guess not. My point is super simple and which is probably the part you considered an hyperbole.

Reva needs like 750 kyros

imagine investing that much on one unit and not beating GLs

I mean if she gets nerfed pretty bad and she’s more accessible over time, it won’t change how much pain she is to gear up for a not so impressive toon

I don't think she needs to get nerfed like crazy. I'm just going off the footage everyone saw. Last time cg missed the chance to make the new saught after tb unit kam significant because of all the changes that happened towards it's unlock. I do think Reva should be significant. Just not to the level of trampling everything that came before. So yeah it's at 11 right now and it should be taken down to 8.
  • I don’t think she should beat a gl on auto, but she should be allowed to beat a few with a good strategy.
  • She needs to be a slightly better version of star killer on offense, instead of 1 GL she can kill 2 GLs with 100% win rate. Which is probably what will happen
  • yolkywareagle
    1016 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    She needs to be a slightly better version of star killer on offense, instead of 1 GL she can kill 2 GLs with 100% win rate. Which is probably what will happen

Ya, maybe a strong killer of jedi gls but none other than that.

• She needs to be a slightly better version of star killer on offense, instead of 1 GL she can kill 2 GLs with 100% win rate. Which is probably what will happen

Why would she be a strong killer of jedi? She couldn't even kill Uncle Owen.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Why are you all still crying here? According to road ahead she is over performing and she will get nerfed, almost none of you here will even see her while she is the way she is now, everyone losing their mind over this

That's not historically true though. It's as often it's because of player response to some issue that shaped the way forward as much as cg's own intervention with something lying outside of their aim. This topic is alarming them what will happen if the unit starts getting unlocked as is...which is a pretty close timeline.

This is absolutely historically correct, qui gon jin, traya, vader, gas, Jedi Luke, Thrawn, WAT, anything that was killing GLs easily got smacked by the nerf hammer, they all had like 1 month to shine before they got nerfed

Not really...given that you are also ignoring player input that led to those decisions like you are claiming it is not neccesary right now. It doesn't came around by what you consider crying and cg being a good barometer of principles they lay out themselves.

Please do show me the page up on pages of people crying and saying qui gon op qui gon nerf please cg dady, cause all I remmber was everyone crying about qui gon getting nerfed

Almost in each situation there was also people against any nerf in different ratios. Sometimes the community was completely against it, sometimes divided etc.

What I'm certain though is that it's not crying to opiniate on something or that it doesn't matter we post our concerns and instead should assume auto what's gonna happen will happen the same.

Disregarding the hyperbole, I don't actually recall a single post suggesting anyone in the community wanted the QGJ omicron to be nerfed. I only recall the people upset with the decision. Are there posts in which someone in the community said it needed to be nerfed?

For one the current topic is the reverse situation where a good percentage of the community seems to want a nerf. For two I never said cg acts only if there is a community concern or directly taking the community concern as what to do. I guess all these would be self evident, but guess not. My point is super simple and which is probably the part you considered an hyperbole.

I was actually referring to the hyperbole of the post you were replying to, not yours. Sorry about the confusion there. But I did my own search, and couldn't find a single post saying QGJ should be nerfed. *shrug*
    Joebo720 wrote: »

He was one shotting SLKR. There was a bit of an uproar about that. But again most of the people that complain about things in the game typically aren't affected by them. QGJ needed to be nerfed. One shotting a GL from full health and protection is a little much. Omi's are different though than this. Reva not even getting benefit of hers yet. That will be ugly. She'll probably get nerfed. I'm still months away so don't really care.

Either way, I don't recall and couldn't find anyone saying QGJ should have been nerfed. It was mode specific, after all.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Currently she’s bugged because why should CG test their game?

If she still performs like this after the fix she needs a nerf considering what they’ve done in the past to so many character kits and omicrons under the guise of “too effective at beating GL’s.”

See Traya, QGJ, JKL, GAS, etc.

It’s not really fair to compare those non-gls with what’s probably the hardest unit to get in the game.
    I don’t care if she can beat everything, because she can only be used once in Gac. The only thing that matters imo is : can we beat her with something outside of mirrors ?

Well it is fair because CG set out a blueprint and tier level of their own characters. Honestly I’d argue she’s easier to get than other journey or legacy characters based on farming but that’s purely anecdotal and of one’s opinion.

If they didn’t nerf all the other toons or redo the omicrons to not include GL’s so as to beat them, this wouldn’t be an issue for me. It would be a great addition for a power house offense with inquisitors for GAC and other game modes. However they set their own precedent.

I'd say that she is not easier to get, not only do you need five kyro heavy characters at r7 (and one at least at r5), but you also need a strong guild in which the majority has to have them at r7. Sadly, that's not the case for the majority of guilds, all thanks to a youtuber who sucks at using them and making the propaganda that the inquisitors suck in first place.
    Reva is the newest and hardest toon to get, she should be that strong!
  • She's not hard to get, though. Every endgame player should be earning Reva shards since the 2nd TB3 at a rate of ~90%.

I will be getting her at about the same gap relative to MAW that I got things like Aphra, SK, Zori, Jabba, etc.

Of course, if you aren't an endgame player and aren't in a an endgame guild, despite your best whaling efforts, you have little agency.

Also, outside TW omis and without Reva or certain DCs, Inquisitors have been pretty darn lackluster. Anyone who hasn't geared them up is a fool for not doing so, but let's not pretend like the payoff before now was all that great.
  • You'd think people would be used to all the new characters being broken by now.
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    The reason why people did not ask for a nerf with the QGJ Omicron is because at that point, CG had not been giving the information about the Power levels as well as not been nerfing Omicrons before. At that point we only had a more general info about Omicrons where it was stated that in some cases they might even challenge GLs. Only after the nerf did CG provide more detailed information about the levels, probably in part exactly because of the confusion and nerf aswell as the following outcry, because people didn't even get the mats back.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Also, QGJ was far from reliable against SLK. And on offense, only **** were losing to QGJ with their own GL.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    She needs to be a slightly better version of star killer on offense, instead of 1 GL she can kill 2 GLs with 100% win rate. Which is probably what will happen

Well, he wasn't a Jedi.
  • Anything to take our discussions away from datacrons being flaming hot garbage.

When KAM can auto GL's, then I'll agree with her current capability. If they nerf her and she can still take down GL's, then maybe KAM needs a buff.

I doubt they will though because they want everyone to keep spending resources to get their inquisitors to unlock GI, and then all to R7 so they can unlock her. They're making more money from inquisitors than clones and Shaak, by far.

Bc that’s an inquisitors job?

Just because it is her job it does not mean she was good at it. I liked Reva. But who did she actually defeat other than the GI?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

Just because it is her job it does not mean she was good at it. I liked Reva. But who did she actually defeat other than the GI?

Don't you remember the episode where she killed every GL on auto?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Just because it is her job it does not mean she was good at it. I liked Reva. But who did she actually defeat other than the GI?

Exactly this. I'm so glad that this forum thinks this way, like how no one here ever expected Lord Vader to be able to kill anyone other than younglings and separatists, and certainly never expected him to kill JMK. Because we're all so very true to the source material here. Absolute purists.
  • Just because it is her job it does not mean she was good at it. I liked Reva. But who did she actually defeat other than the GI?

Exactly this. I'm so glad that this forum thinks this way, like how no one here ever expected Lord Vader to be able to kill anyone other than younglings and separatists, and certainly never expected him to kill JMK. Because we're all so very true to the source material here. Absolute purists.

I don’t think the game needs to be perfectly true to source material. I’m completely ok with LV beating JMK and things like that. However, I think there is a difference between that example and a ‘meh’ villain from a ok-ish tv show being THE most powerful character in the entire game.

Don't go confusing things, Seedmeister. We all remember how the Bad Batch rescued KAM from the Reek, and when PX squad tore things up at Hoth. That's got nothing to do with Reva's inability to do her job, literally, ever. That's like if 3PO didn't follow protocols or something.
  • Just in case people forgot:

Hello Holotable heroes,

The team is aware of and investigating a bug with Reva stacking too many Purge effects on enemies

Get the pitchforks ready for after the update that should solve the bug or if it takes too long to happen.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Just in case people forgot:

Hello Holotable heroes,

The team is aware of and investigating a bug with Reva stacking too many Purge effects on enemies

Get the pitchforks ready for after the update that should solve the bug or if it takes too long to happen.

The Purge stacks exceeding 6 had nothing to do with Reva's OP level, based on my limited viewing.
  • That's got nothing to do with Reva's inability to do her job, literally, ever.

Well, the point I was trying to make was that what happens in the source material ultimately shouldn't have anything to do with what happens in game.

You ask who Reva ever beat, but I ask who Jabba ever beat. How does he even throw Thermal Detonators?

The game is the game, and they're going to make their decisions based on game balance far more than the source material.

I think it's a legit critique to say that the character in the game contradicts the characterization in the source material, but it's also a weak critique. The characterization has to be so far off what we see in the shows/movies/comics that it inhibits the fun of getting and using the character at all.

Reva is a nasty character. She attacks; she kills. Asking which GLs she can't beat isn't a question of personality or characterization -- any way you slice it she's a character who will attack anyone who is in her way. Cutting through GLs isn't "out of character" for her, just out of power-level.

And that's my point. If she were all sweetness and light, using healing abilities and no lightsaber, etc., I would say it's fine character but it's not Reva. They would have gotten the characterization wrong.

From what I can tell, though, she's a nasty piece of work in the game just like she's a nasty piece of work in the shows. The characterization is dead on.

So if that's right, then I think it's fine to let the investment in the character determine the relative power level. She requires 700 Kyros, equivalent to a GL. The overall investment required to get her is similar to 1/2 of a GL. She has Omicrons available. She should be the top tier of toons that aren't GLs.

To me what makes the most sense is to make sure she can beat JMK and JML on offence (when there are no Datacrons on either side), but make her kit sufficiently anti-Jedi focussed that her power falls off against the other GLs to the point where she can't beat them without multiple Omicrons active.

But I'm not CG, so I'm not going to worry too much until they decide to come out with whatever "fix" they're contemplating. And unlike you, I'm convinced that whatever the problems with the toon, they are ones of power level, not of characterization. So I'll judge that future fix based on internal game critiques, not source-material based critiques.
  • That's got nothing to do with Reva's inability to do her job, literally, ever.

Well, the point I was trying to make was that what happens in the source material ultimately shouldn't have anything to do with what happens in game.

You ask who Reva ever beat, but I ask who Jabba ever beat. How does he even throw Thermal Detonators?

The game is the game, and they're going to make their decisions based on game balance far more than the source material.

I think it's a legit critique to say that the character in the game contradicts the characterization in the source material, but it's also a weak critique. The characterization has to be so far off what we see in the shows/movies/comics that it inhibits the fun of getting and using the character at all.

Reva is a nasty character. She attacks; she kills. Asking which GLs she can't beat isn't a question of personality or characterization -- any way you slice it she's a character who will attack anyone who is in her way. Cutting through GLs isn't "out of character" for her, just out of power-level.

It is def late to say this, but what i meant by “beat jedi gls” was that she should get bonuses and stuff and be stronger against them than say, slkr