How do you split Empire fleet?

Just wondering how everyone is splitting up the Empire Fleet (or if you don't).

Who goes w/ Chimera v/s Trix?

It seems obvious that Scythe should go w/ Trix.

Meanwhile it seems like Vader, Palp, Sister, TIE Bomber form a team that will work well w/ the 3 Sith Ships (Marauder, Maul, Assassin) under a Thrawn/Chimera lead.

So that leaves Scythe with Defender, Imp-TIE, Reaper, & Gauntlet in a 5-ship team w/ Trix/Tarkin

I don't have Scythe & my Assassin is crap still so I don't split mine well yet, but wondering what everyone else is doing.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Kudlaty
    106 posts Member
    https://youtu.be/5d4iEGk3IBY
    https://youtu.be/gVrP4vtIEtc

If You don’t have strong Sith Fighter and You have Tie Defender, then use Tie Fighter with Chimaera and Tie Defender with Executrix. IMHO it’s the best Empire/Sith fleets use for TW/GAC.
  • Well this didn't age well.

Not even a month later & they are going to steal all the Sith ships.

So much for using both Trix & Chimera.
  • Well this didn't age well.

Not even a month later & they are going to steal all the Sith ships.

So much for using both Trix & Chimera.

They’re stealing bomber. Not sure something can’t be done without it.
  • Unfortunately if you don’t have Scythe there’s no way to make two separate Exec/Prof counter Empire fleets, though I’d say Tie Defender can hold its own with a bad lineup against lesser fleets. If you do get Scythe though, you can counter both Exec and Prof with these lineups, respectively:

Chimaera, Tie Advanced, Tie Fighter, Tie Reaper, Tie Defender, Tie Interceptor

Executrix, Scythe, Shuttle, Gauntlet, Tie Bomber

If you have Sith ships available (mostly B-28 Bomber) you can sub him into the Executrix lineup and it may have some success, though it’s less consistent without Scythe or other Imperial ships.
  • Yeah, I can counter Profundity w/o Scythe now, but, that Chimaera v/s Exec counter seems interesting.
    And yeah, I use B-28 opener v/s Prof.

Good to know that a 5/4 split of Empire Ships is still useful.