What is up with these stone age guilds?

BubbaFett
3311 posts Member
Long story short, I haven't had to recruit for my guild in a long time, I am not going to go through the particulars other than to say we only need one member... Which brings me to my point.

Relics and G13+ gear have been around for a very long time (relatively speaking). We all know that recruiting can be difficult and it doesn't take a genius to realize that being part of a guild that "does HPIT and working towards Crancor" is not going to grow your roster long term...

Yet, when I go into the recruiting pages here and elsewhere I see tons of guilds with 18 members looking for 6-7 million plus GP folks and trying to entice them with phrases like:

"22 Stars in Hoth TB"
"HSTR on farm, takes 12 hours"
"25 Wat shards per TB"
I could go on...

With lots of guilds looking to replace retirees etc, how many thousands of players are there locked up in these 20-30 member guilds treading water in the game and not getting anywhere? Is this because some people have some weird need to "be in charge" of a guild?

I don't get it at all... Someone enlighten me here...

Replies

• Lots of different people at lots of different levels in the game. Not everyone is a day one player.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    Lots of different people at lots of different levels in the game. Not everyone is a day one player.

I understand that... Nothing wrong with building a guild of lower level players and enjoying progressing together.

I was more shocked to see how many of these guilds had requirements in the 5-6 million GP range for what they offer.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    Lots of different people at lots of different levels in the game. Not everyone is a day one player.

I understand that... Nothing wrong with building a guild of lower level players and enjoying progressing together.

I was more shocked to see how many of these guilds had requirements in the 5-6 million GP range for what they offer.

Just because they ask doesnt mean they will get those players.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    ... how many thousands of players are there locked up in these 20-30 member guilds treading water in the game and not getting anywhere? Is this because some people have some weird need to "be in charge" of a guild?...

Well nobody can keep a player from switching guilds. Everyone chooses to stay with their guild for a reason. That reason doesn't have to have anything to do with roster development, or even, in general, "become better at this game".
    Long story short, I haven't had to recruit for my guild in a long time, I am not going to go through the particulars other than to say we only need one member... Which brings me to my point.

Relics and G13+ gear have been around for a very long time (relatively speaking). We all know that recruiting can be difficult and it doesn't take a genius to realize that being part of a guild that "does HPIT and working towards Crancor" is not going to grow your roster long term...

Yet, when I go into the recruiting pages here and elsewhere I see tons of guilds with 18 members looking for 6-7 million plus GP folks and trying to entice them with phrases like:

"22 Stars in Hoth TB"
    "25 Wat shards per TB"
    I could go on...

With lots of guilds looking to replace retirees etc, how many thousands of players are there locked up in these 20-30 member guilds treading water in the game and not getting anywhere? Is this because some people have some weird need to "be in charge" of a guild?

I see what you mean. It's kind of the opposite of the player who has 1.5 - 2 mil GP who is looking for KAM shards and CPit on farm when they don't have anything to contribute to KAM or CPit.

I guess those guilds asking for that are just kinda hoping they can get an infusion of players to come in and revitalize? Check on those guilds in a few weeks and see if they still exist. If they are not just casual players, then I imagine they'll disband pretty quickly.
  • el_mago wrote: »

"22 Stars in Hoth TB"
    "25 Wat shards per TB"
    I could go on...

I see what you mean. It's kind of the opposite of the player who has 1.5 - 2 mil GP who is looking for KAM shards and CPit on farm when they don't have anything to contribute to KAM or CPit.

I guess those guilds asking for that are just kinda hoping they can get an infusion of players to come in and revitalize? Check on those guilds in a few weeks and see if they still exist. If they are not just casual players, then I imagine they'll disband pretty quickly.

That's exactly it....I think CG is doing a great job of attracting new players to the game lately and its great that they have guilds to join and places to go that will help them progress more quickly....

The thing is though, its really a players market...

I guess what rubbed me the wrong way was some of the guild merger requests I saw from tiny 18 player guilds with these huge demands... But yeah, they are entitled to ask what they want and people have a choice as mentioned earlier..
  • Could be casual player guilds but normally they state that up front. I almost quite a few weeks ago, GAC taking an hour, conquest an hour, TW or TB an hour... so I found a guild that said hey, we can clear the rancor and are getting some starts in the new TB but still farming Wat too, if you could just not quit and deploy and place defenses we would love to have you. Now I have game play to about an hour total a day since I don't really bother in GAC. It does take time to place 1500 points in TW defense though. 'm glad to grind out a Wat shard for them and be a pile of GL meat on defenses.
    I lost track of what the OP was talking about and am now rambling. Must be dinner time.
  • That's another thing..... Why are y'all spending so much time in the game?.... I get the dailies done on the toilet each morning.. takes me like15 minutes
    That's another thing..... Why are y'all spending so much time in the game?.... I get the dailies done on the toilet each morning.. takes me like15 minutes
    You should see a doctor, or eat more fibre!
    That's another thing..... Why are y'all spending so much time in the game?.... I get the dailies done on the toilet each morning.. takes me like15 minutes

I like my morning SWGOH dump TYVM :) .....Just pointing out that nobody needs to spend an hour plus daily in this game, that's crazy....

I like my morning SWGOH dump TYVM :) .....Just pointing out that nobody needs to spend an hour plus daily in this game, that's crazy....
    There’s a difference between “getting your dailies done” and maximising your gains though. When LSTB and Conquest are running, spending <1hr playing means you are probably skipping something.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

There’s a difference between “getting your dailies done” and maximising your gains though. When LSTB and Conquest are running, spending <1hr playing means you are probably skipping something.

If you are still playing LSTB then you likely missed out on maximizing your gains a long time ago :)

Seriously though, playing for two hours a day is a choice... It's ok to miss things sometimes and have a life outside of swgoh...
  • DMG_SW
    215 posts Member

Some of us intentionally avoid fiber specifically to improve our performance in GAC and Conquest. Once I started eating Taco Bell three times a day, I've found it incredibly easy to get the red crate.
  • DMG_SW wrote: »

Some of us intentionally avoid fiber specifically to improve our performance in GAC and Conquest. Once I started eating Taco Bell three times a day, I've found it incredibly easy to get the red crate.
    That’s because it gives you more time on the toilet to play
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • @nfidel2k

You know, the joke isn't funny when it's spelled out. And everybody got it the first time anyway.
  • @nfidel2k

You know, the joke isn't funny when it's spelled out. And everybody got it the first time anyway.

And yet here you are reviving it... :) ...... +1internets for you!
  • Maybe its the attititude of some people debasing what other guilds should or should not do.