The Mandalorian S3E4: The Foundling (Spoilers)

Welcome to the Mando school of fighting things! Djin clearly skipped a lot of class.

I hope Kelleran gets fleshed out more. He seems like one of only the competent jedi 🤣

When the Armourer gave Grogu that roundel, you can see his chain mail peeking out under the robes, nice little detail, but jeez that thing is massive.

Now we have the answer what happens when they eat with friends, they all go find a corner to sit in.

I'm not sure what Paz was expecting to happen flying right into the Raptor's mouth.. It is interesting to set up Paz as failing a few times this episode, (his son failing training, getting caught.) I wonder if he will get exiled after confirming he had relations with someone, might be a way to get him to see the Mythosaur/go to Mandalore.
I thought they were going to leave Bo's Paundrel alone for a bit, so they potentially could give her Djin's crest in the future.

Overall I really liked the episode! Good balance of lore, action and fleshing out characters!

Replies

• Grogu's past teared me.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Grogu's past teared me.

They did it quite well. You can see the fear in his eyes as he was escaping
  • It was cool the way bo is being setup as a leader for the mandos
    I was surprised she talked so openly to the Armourer about the mythosaur, and also how casually the Armourer took it
  • I’m so happy they did right by Ahmed Best! I gasped when I heard the name. And he makes so much sense being the rescuer. Even though the Jedi challenge show isn’t something most know, he was the trainer and protector of padawans.
  • mt875249 wrote: »
    I’m so happy they did right by Ahmed Best! I gasped when I heard the name. And he makes so much sense being the rescuer. Even though the Jedi challenge show isn’t something most know, he was the trainer and protector of padawans.

Yep! Jar jar saved Grogu!
  • Really enjoyed the flashback, You can actually notice grougus armour just before he does the paintball battle, I like how its kind of shown but hidden. I thought the ship flying into the sunset or sun with the teradactil dragon like thing was kinda cool, but the attack on it felt rushed, They seem to kill a lot of animals beasts in this show for nothing really. It would also appear other foundliings were actually killed if you see the helmets in the nest.

I'm still pizzed that last weeks ep dragged on so long, where as really a lot of story telling / explaining was done in this one, very quickly and effectively. I don't think the amourer believes Bo and its clear she'll go on a mission to find that thing and tame it.

I feel like the nailed the grougus flash back and Ameda Best did an awesome job, the double lightsaber part was very cool, be interesting to see where he goes, if I'm not wrong thats a naboo ship correct?
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    Foreshadowing of Mandalorian Kryze continues and I kinda like it. Thought, I'd prefer it to start at previos season. Again, Volume is awesome outside of cities, but Coruscant is horrible. Same scenes in Blade Runner 2049 feel like were made in future despite filmed 6-8 years ago.
    Overall good episode, but I'd like to finally see main plot. Not a fragmant of it, but a proper episode.
  • Really enjoyed the flashback, You can actually notice grougus armour just before he does the paintball battle, I like how its kind of shown but hidden. I thought the ship flying into the sunset or sun with the teradactil dragon like thing was kinda cool, but the attack on it felt rushed, They seem to kill a lot of animals beasts in this show for nothing really. It would also appear other foundliings were actually killed if you see the helmets in the nest.

I feel like the nailed the grougus flash back and Ameda Best did an awesome job, the double lightsaber part was very cool, be interesting to see where he goes, if I'm not wrong thats a naboo ship correct?

They mentioned when they were flying in that usually when someone is taken, they're basically dead.

I thought it was a Naboo ship too!
  • Are we getting a jar jar flashback from grogu? Maybe he shows up after the Naboo ship lands! I’m not for that but it could be a thing. But my prediction is that Grogu rides the mythosaur! Grogu has the force abitlity of speaking to animals. Grogu will unite the clans!!!!
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Hmm. I didn’t really care for this episode. I thought the opening sequence was very poorly done. On the same level as the slow speeder chase in BOB. A lot of this episode was awkward. And, as with several episodes, had a lot of unnecessary exposition. How many times does Bo need to tell us that they can’t use jet packs and that the beast is on the highest peak? Overall it didn’t feel polished. I don’t care for them changing directors all the time. It’s noticeable and distracting.
  • I enjoyed it but the one before alluded to Gideon or some other senior Imp scheming in the background. Would have liked that to have been expanded upon. Then pick up Grogu's and Bo's relationships with the Mandalorians.
  • mt875249 wrote: »
    Are we getting a jar jar flashback from grogu? Maybe he shows up after the Naboo ship lands! I’m not for that but it could be a thing. But my prediction is that Grogu rides the mythosaur! Grogu has the force abitlity of speaking to animals. Grogu will unite the clans!!!!

I don't know if I'm ready for updated Jar Jar haha
    I'm sure that will come into play at the end! Maybe he sends it after Giddeon when all hope seems lost!
  • So Jar Jar teaches Grogu the Force Choke. Darth Jar Jar confirmed.