Zeta crunch, does it get easier?

Zumwan
357 posts Member
Hi everyone.
I just finished farming my 3rd GL, JML. I'm at a point where I would like to gear up some other teams, but I don't really have many zetas to spare. I'm still working on JMLs last zeta and will be unlocking both Maul and Drevan soon, and their respective teams will both need multiple zetas. It seems to me I'm farming characters much faster than I'm farming zetas.
I can complete almost all the Assault Battles (just missing the nightsisters and inquisitors) and use all my fleet currency exclusively on zeta mats. How come most people I see seem to be swimming in zetas?
Aside from this, are there any additional teams that don't require many zetas, that I could start building up to G12 as side projects?
Here is my roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/975918932/characters/
Thanks

Replies

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    It get sway easier down the road.... I have well over 200 mats piled up and I am sure many other players have way more than that...
  • How are you in Fleet Arena? If not placing in the top 10, work on your ships, as fleet currency is a primary source of zetas. Eventually you will have more stockpiled than you can use. For now, I would suggest limiting your use of zetas to critical ones with the most impact, You don't have to unlock every zeta on all of your teams immediately
  • Way to swim in zetas:
    1. Don't place until they are needed
    2. Buy with currency
    3. Do events
    4. Spend time relicing characters instead of farming new

And one day you will just run out of characters to place all your zetas on :)
  • el_mago
    751 posts Member
    agree with Ratinira.

Just work one character and one team at a time and a lot of your resources will start to pile up. It is painstakingly and frustratingly slow, but it is very effective.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    el_mago wrote: »
    agree with Ratinira.

Just work one character and one team at a time and a lot of your resources will start to pile up. It is painstakingly and frustratingly slow, but it is very effective.

I agree with this.... But I will also say that you will reach a point where it is super rewarding.... You will see that your patience has paid off when you actually have the gear and mats to advance your new toon far ther down the road
  • I am sure it gets easier once all zetas are applied on all characters
  • Yes, it does get easier.

I go about gearing up characters a specific way: characters only get geared up when I have everything to relic them in one go and when they have a full modset built for them. Because this generally takes awhile, I can accumulate a lot of zetas without really focusing on getting them.

Like others have said, either work on one character at a time or one specific team at a time. Spreading yourself too thinly early on will just stunt your growth. Also, giving zetas to characters who aren’t get 7 stars or is without a team to use them doesn’t serve much of a purpose
  • Eventually......may take 6 or 7 years, but eventually, you will run out of toons in the game that you CAN apply zetas. You can earn zetas faster than CG releases toons that needs them.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Ratinira wrote: »
    Way to swim in zetas:
    2. Buy with currency
    3. Do events

If I am reading 4 as I think, I disagree.
    Unit shards should always be farmed till you have 330 (7*), even if you don't make them 7* right away
  • scuba wrote: »
    Way to swim in zetas:
    2. Buy with currency
    3. Do events

If I am reading 4 as I think, I disagree.
    Unit shards should always be farmed till you have 330 (7*), even if you don't make them 7* right away

Shards farming require neither zetas nor any materials at all...
  • Maybe I have expressed my thought not very clearly, it was: unlocking and gearing and relicing many toons at once will easily get you to just having none in good condition. Take 1 team (GL team, for example) and get it to hight relics, then choose another team etc. Rather then a little bit of this, a little bit of that...
    And while you are sitting and gathering relics your zetas are stockpiling
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Maybe I have expressed my thought not very clearly, it was: unlocking and gearing and relicing many toons at once will easily get you to just having none in good condition. Take 1 team (GL team, for example) and get it to hight relics, then choose another team etc. Rather then a little bit of this, a little bit of that...
    And while you are sitting and gathering relics your zetas are stockpiling

Gotcha. Makes more sense. Gearing and relicing agree less (units) at a time is better
  • Eventually......may take 6 or 7 years, but eventually, you will run out of toons in the game that you CAN apply zetas. You can earn zetas faster than CG releases toons that needs them.

Honestly, CG has done a really good job or reaching equilibrium on this. I hover between 120 and 220 zeta mats and it doesn't go past there really. This is with applying zetas on almost all new characters, having all the GLs and Journey units, and occasionally going back for some zeta I never used before like Stormtrooper Han.

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Everybody is at different stages of the game and farms differently....

When I farm, I take every character that is required for that farm (whether it be just a one character farm or farming multiples for a GL etc) and I make them my "favorites" so that they show up at the top of my roster and I can focus on them... Then, I apply all of the "necessary" zetas on them... Once that is done, I don't use any zetas until that farm is done and I am on to the next one allowing them to pile up in my inventory...Rinse, repeat
  • EdSolo
    412 posts Member
    It takes a pretty long time to get there, but it becomes a bit easier. However, with the rate they add 2 or 3 zeta toons, that can make it difficult. I try to keep a stash of 200. Just blew through 120 recently with Jabba so I'm trying to build back up again. I'm looking at Cere, Cal, and Trench so that would be another seven zetas. After that, I'm kind of hitting the bottom of barrel. If my count is right, I would have 55 zetas left to apply after the above seven.
  • As others in this thread have said, it's just a time thing. Unless you are a big spender, you will always accumulate zetas faster than you gear up characters (and faster than CG releases new toons) so eventually you will catch up and there will be no things left to zeta. Depending on how far you are in the game that might be very far away from you, but you will get there eventually. I'm a F2P launch player so I usually farm characters slower than spenders, which naturally gives zetas enough time to accumulate. Plus being in the game since before zeta release made sure I was farming zetas from day 1 they were available. That resulted in me having 600 zeta mats today, with nothing important left to zeta. My G13 characters all have all their zetas, with very few exceptions (like GMY lead, Captain Han etc.), and the only zetas I'm missing are low gear characters that I pretty much never use, and obviously toons/teams that I haven't built up yet. But by the time these missing teams are built, I will have accumulated even more zetas, so I will effectively never run out of them, unless something super drastic happens within the game's economy. You will likely get there too at some point. So for now just work on one toon and one team at a time, and you will notice that the zeta crunch isn't as bad as it seems.
  • My guess is that they would slowly fade away like head, but probably faking a little longer than that.
  • I recently dropped to 360, the lowest I've been in a long time. I'm back above 400 now and will likely earn more than I place for a while. It was an unusual set of circumstances relating to the new TB making a bunch of previously irrelevant characters more relevant and also throwing zetas on the new tuskens. But it does happen that I go through periods of using more than I'm accruing.

Generally I don't drop zetas on a character until g12, though there are exceptions. The Tuskens are a classic example of this b/c their use in Galactic challenges made it much more important to drop a couple zetas on them now, at sub-7* and sub-g12, to meet my GC goals. Or at least to meet them with minimum stress.

Any policy should have some flexibility built into it, but if you don't zeta toons before they hit g12, that will make things much easier for you. It will automatically weed out some toons as "not ready" and thus slow down the excited zeta dropping that can happen when several characters are released close to each other.

As others have said, it's also useful to limit your resources to a single toon or faction that you're developing. This would include zetas -- but even if it didn't, it would include them by accident if you apply my previous suggested policy b/c if you're only spending gear on a particular toon or squad, then you would only have a few toons at a time reaching g12 and thus being considered worthy of a zeta.

I doubt that things will be the same for you as for me. I've been swimming in a couple hundred zetas or more for years now, but if you started the game later than me then you have more previously-released toons to catch up with. And though I've used my g12 test for a long time, with gear acceleration that's more like how a g10 test might have functioned 3 years ago.

But even if things are different and even if I'm not able to tell you exactly when thing will get easier, I can assure you that they do. In fact, with the release of Omicrons, I'm convinced that they're going to allow even more zetas into the economy at some point before the end-of-year, possibly when they release the new Krayt Dragon raid, or possibly in conjunction with some as yet unknown changes to the game.

Be hopeful! The zetas will get easier and then you'll only have to worry about gates on Omicrons, Kyros, Signal Data, and relic mats!