Use webshop with caution

This is a general warning based on latest user experience with visiting publisher webshop.

I have now been logged out of the game unable to play SWGOH for 4 days after visiting the webshop and claiming the free package.

Response time from customer service has not broken any speed limits, but hopefully will solve the issue in the coming week.

But players of SWGOH should be warned that the use of the webshop could result in a unwanted lock out of the game for several days.

Consider yourself warned!

Replies

• Notthatguyfrombefore
    1074 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Being locked out of the game after visiting the webstore seems odd. Are you sure there can't be another reason you might have been locked out, given that you seem to be the only one with this issue?
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Locked out might not be the correct way of phrasing it. But I got signed out, which is the odd, normal procedure. But when I tried to open up the SWGOH app again, I got logged in to a fresh account without any options to reconnect to my original account
  • Options
    Have you tried forcing the app to close and restarting the game?
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options
    Mognes wrote: »
    Locked out might not be the correct way of phrasing it. But I got signed out, which is the odd, normal procedure. But when I tried to open up the SWGOH app again, I got logged in to a fresh account without any options to reconnect to my original account
    this thing happens oftenly even without store. Just try to log out again and log in through playstore. Repeat again if account can't be found first time
  • Options
    Have you tried forcing the app to close and restarting the game?

Yes - with no success unfortunately
  • Options
    Devian wrote: »
    this thing happens oftenly even without store. Just try to log out again and log in through playstore. Repeat again if account can't be found first time

I just tried to:
    1. Remove the app
    2. Remove my Google account from phone
    3. Restart phone
    4. Log on to my Google account on phone
    5. Download swgoh app

Issue is still present 😒
  • Options
    I often had problem with game trying to log me into a new acc after visiting store.
    I was just force closing game when I saw pink lady and after that it allowed me to log in with my play game acc
    Then I just start closing game before going to store and problem disappeard

But what you describes in not 100% store problem.
    My guildmate had the same problem without a store. He found that it was somehow connected with Google services update - he switched on autoupdate and problem was solved
  • Options
    Ratinira wrote: »
    I often had problem with game trying to log me into a new acc after visiting store.
    I was just force closing game when I saw pink lady and after that it allowed me to log in with my play game acc

My guildmate had the same problem without a store. He found that it was somehow connected with Google services update - he switched on autoupdate and problem was solved

Could you please be more specific on how to switch autoupdate?
  • Options
    Ratinira wrote: »

Could you please be more specific on how to switch autoupdate?

Don't know, sorry
    That just what he mentioned, when saying he can at last log to game via phone
    But he has a very... Chinese phone, that has problems with all Google apps
    So it may be his personal problem
    I remember I also once lost access to game after I decided to "optimize" something in Google services (in game settings, I think I limited its access to Internet in background)
    Sorry if I wasn't very helpful
    What I just wanted to say is that problem is not in wedshop in general and solution may be in strange place (cash cleaning, entering though Google play, g.play re-installing, using second space (no idea what that is), entering through play store etc)
    It's like something is suddenly breaking but in different places for different people
  • Options
    I wish someone could help me. I believe Ratinira has a point but I am unable to locate where the issue is...

I have tried (not in this order)
    1. Uninstall and reinstall
    2. Empty cache for swgoh app
    3. Logout of Google and install swgoh app after Login again
    4. Contact EA customer service
    5. Cried like a child

But none of the above mentioned things has solved the issue of not being able to access my swgoh account

In my swgoh app settings I don't see the connection option (see screenshot). I can't figure out why....

5yurpckf9ybb.jpg
  • DeusArt
    131 posts Member
    Options
    If it's linked to google account just as an option try to reach your account though bluestacks on PC. At least to see if it's possible.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    I wish someone could help me. I believe Ratinira has a point but I am unable to locate where the issue is...

5. Cried like a child

But none of the above mentioned things has solved the issue of not being able to access my swgoh account

In my swgoh app settings I don't see the connection option (see screenshot). I can't figure out why....

5yurpckf9ybb.jpg

As simple as this is, have you tried restarting your phone (it's not mentioned in your steps)... Also, If you have another android device, try logging in using it....
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I believe No connect option means you set the age at the prompt to be a minor.

Get an emulator or another device and make sure you can login to your account with google play

Uninstall the game reinstall and hopefully you get the option of "already have an account" if not you may have to factory reset to clear the device id and guest account associated with
    Do not reset phone till you are sure you can get to your account thru Google on another device.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I believe No connect option means you set the age at the prompt to be a minor.

Get an emulator or another device and make sure you can login to your account with google play

Uninstall the game reinstall and hopefully you get the option of "already have an account" if not you may have to factory reset to clear the device id and guest account associated with
    Do not reset phone till you are sure you can get to your account thru Google on another device.

This "sort of" happened to me after accessing the webstore for the first time. Even though my account details were of age, I still didn't get access to the fun buttons until I went through the tutorial....

That being said, as you said, another device is key... as long as it lets you log into your google play account you are golden...
  • Options

5. Cried like a child

5yurpckf9ybb.jpg

I think I've had this issue once semi recently, and what worked for me was I had to play the little "tutorial" part at the beginning of this new unlinked game until I actually was far in enough to get the "connect" option to appear in the settings menu. Can't recall exactly how far in I had to go, but it wasn't very terribly far.

Once the button showed up there, and I connected it back with my main account, everything's been copacetic for the most part.

Every now and again, if I go to switch between my main and my alt account, it'll restart the game and go back to that generic unlinked account instead of bringing up the option to connect to a Gmail account. But now when it does that, I've found if I just force close the game, that screen pops up to sign in after the game's been manually restarted by me.

Hope that helps if it's still giving you issues! ✊
  • Options
    Play into the tutorial enough to get the connect button to appear in the settings menu. It's not there initially, but you don't have to play into the tutorial part for very long. Once it does, connect it back to your actual account and you should be good to go.

On rare occasion mine will still send me back to the generic unlinked tutorial account if I'm swapping from my main to alt accounts, or vice versa. When that happens, I just force close the game and manually restart it. Then when it hits the splash screen, the sign in option appears
  • Options
    Play into the tutorial enough to get the connect button to appear in the settings menu. It's not there initially, but you don't have to play into the tutorial part for very long. Once it does, connect it back to your actual account and you should be good to go.

On rare occasion mine will still send me back to the generic unlinked tutorial account if I'm swapping from my main to alt accounts, or vice versa. When that happens, I just force close the game and manually restart it. Then when it hits the splash screen, the sign in option appears

Just force the app closed and restart the game. No need to do anything with the tutorial
  • Options
    When this happens to me I usually force-close, then clear the cache and then start the game up. Very rarely it will persist after that, but clearing the cache a second time usually fixes it.

There's no need to reinstall anything, nor clear the game data except for the cache. It's a very annoying problem and one that I think CG should look in to but the work-around should get you back up and running.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options

Just force the app closed and restart the game. No need to do anything with the tutorial

Can't say anything on it now, but when the issue emerged for me the first time force closing it and restarting it did nothing but take me back to that generic tutorial account. Honestly thought I was going to locked out of both my actual accounts if I couldn't figure out a workaround.

Not sure if that's the same problem OP has had, but if so that's just what I had to do to finally get the game to give me an option to connect it to an email. Since doing that, I've had no issues if it doesn't give me the option to sign in if I just force close and restart the game.
  • Options
    If the game account was linked to your Google Play account try:
    1) start the Google Play Games app. This is NOT the Google Play Store app. If you don't have Google Play Games, then load it from the Google Play Store.
    2) choose the Google account linked to your game
    3) Log in
    4) restart SWGOH
    5) profit (I hope)
  • Options
    Thanks to all who came with suggestions for how to solve the issue. In the end I needed EA customer support to change age settings on the "new" account, as it somehow were set to under age settings. When I had provided evidence to EA that I indeed am over age, it all worked smooth. All in all a simple solution, to a simple problem. The only annoying part was the loooooong process time (more than a week)