Are EP and Thrawn necessary for R2 with the addition of Moff Gideon, Dark Trooper, etc.?

Have you guys heard of anyone unlocking R2 without EP and thrawn? Would squads with Tarkin, Vader, TFP, Gideon, and one more actually work?

Replies

• Jkane
    220 posts Member
    Definitely doable. The R2 event is one of the older ones and doesn't require a super team. Might need a bit more gear than with EP and Thrawn, but nothing exorbitant.
  • I'm actually watching one of AP gains youtube videos now and he makes it sound pretty easy with imperial troopers
  • Out of curiosity I just tried it with my lowest geared 7* troopers - all G11 or G10. Takes about 30s to clear. You should be able to complete no worries without Thrawn or EP (but of course EP is even easier to unlock so question is why would you?)
  • Moff gideon works fine until the final level. Then the enemies suddenly become immune to tm removal. So to get r2 to 7 stars you'll either need a higher gear team, or palp to give you a tm advantage. Or Iden, but to get her to 7 stars is a long farm for a new account, compared to getting palp to 7 stars with rebels available in the various shops.
  • Wed_Santa wrote: »
    Out of curiosity I just tried it with my lowest geared 7* troopers - all G11 or G10. Takes about 30s to clear. You should be able to complete no worries without Thrawn or EP (but of course EP is even easier to unlock so question is why would you?)

G10 or 11 you have to be at player level 80 to apply, r2 and palp should be in your roster way before that.