When will we finally hear something about the skill squish in gac?

1235Next

Replies

• I will bring your concerns to the appropriate team

Sorry but is this a joke? The problems with the squish have been a topic for months. Discussed on several platforms. Are you now really telling that the team isn't aware of the fact that K1 is slowly dying?

I'm not a big fan of public complaints, i totally get that bugs and mistakes can happen but the implication that you were not even aware of the problem is a huge concern in my eyes
  • Gersch wrote: »
    I will bring your concerns to the appropriate team

Sorry but is this a joke? The problems with the squish have been a topic for months. Discussed on several platforms. Are you now really telling that the team isn't aware of the fact that K1 is slowly dying?

I'm not a big fan of public complaints, i totally get that bugs and mistakes can happen but the implication that you were not even aware of the problem is a huge concern in my eyes
    You are making an incorrect assumption that this is the first time. Don’t kill the messenger.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.

Agree!

But after seen that: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/260300/current-squish-formula-math-and-kyber1-here-is-how-to-fix-the-leak unfortunately, I have to say that I firmly believe the system is working as intended. Purely from an economic perspective. That's exactly what matters. Admittedly, one has to wonder that something developed by CG works flawlessly right away. I have little hope that anything will be changed about it.
  • Gersch
    4 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    Gersch wrote: »

You are making an incorrect assumption that this is the first time. Don’t kill the messenger.

I'm not killing the messenger. I'm voicing critcism about the communication. And it's meatheads job to communicate.

If CG's isn't aware of the fact that the population of k1 shrank to like 1000 people (not sure about the exact number but it should be in this range) over the last months they are doing a bad job. Thats something you can see in a minute. And that has been a topic discussed for months, here in the forums, on discord or by some content creators. And if they really arent aware of it the criticism is well deserved.

If the squish is wai cause they thought the population of k1 is too big they need to communicate so we as the players can make our own assumptions according to it. If it isn't wai, what i think, they need at first to realize that there is a big problem. What it seems they don't are. Then they need to at least communicate if there are problems with fixing it. Nothing happened here for months. This is like the worst communication possible

I'm not killing the messenger. I'm voicing critcism about the communication. And it's meatheads job to communicate.

If CG's isn't aware of the fact that the population of k1 shrank to like 1000 people (not sure about the exact number but it should be in this range) over the last months they are doing a bad job. Thats something you can see in a minute. And that has been a topic discussed for months, here in the forums, on discord or by some content creators. And if they really arent aware of it the criticism is well deserved.

If the squish is wai cause they thought the population of k1 is too big they need to communicate so we as the players can make our own assumptions according to it. If it isn't wai, what i think, they need at first to realize that there is a big problem. What it seems they don't are. Then they need to at least communicate if there are problems with fixing it. Nothing happened here for months. This is like the worst communication possible

The fact that he posted in this thread at all is more of a public acknowledgement from CG then we've seen so far. He also wasn't specific about what concerns he was bringing to what team. He could have been responding to the title of this thread - meaning he would bring it to the attention of the powers that be that we'd like to hear something about this issue.

Also, we already know that they know about this. If you don't know that, then you are either just discovering this issue, or you haven't been paying very close attention.

Meathead posted - he said he'd do something - which is far better than him not posting and not doing anything. Take the win, however small. All we can do is wait. I honestly wouldn't expect to hear anything about this outside of a RA or SotG post.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • How do we know they know?

I might take this small win if it weren't the first time we'd been told the issue was being relayed to CG. IIRC, Ultra passed along info about this a couple months ago.

I might take this small win if it weren't the first time we'd been told the issue was being relayed to CG. IIRC, Ultra passed along info about this a couple months ago.

I think you answered your own question.

The fact that he posted in this thread at all is more of a public acknowledgement from CG then we've seen so far. He also wasn't specific about what concerns he was bringing to what team. He could have been responding to the title of this thread - meaning he would bring it to the attention of the powers that be that we'd like to hear something about this issue.

Also, we already know that they know about this. If you don't know that, then you are either just discovering this issue, or you haven't been paying very close attention.

Meathead posted - he said he'd do something - which is far better than him not posting and not doing anything. Take the win, however small. All we can do is wait. I honestly wouldn't expect to hear anything about this outside of a RA or SotG post.

I have to admit i'm not reading the forums on a consistent basis, yeah. So i might not know every statement here. But it was meatheads statement 3 days ago that he will bring it to the appropriate team. So yeah, i'm implying here that they were either not aware of it or ignoring it on purpose. Both would be disastrous.

We aren't talking about a small bug here. We are talking about a major issue affecting the whole player base as it is a foundation for the whole ingame economy. This is an issue that needs to be adressed asap. And yeah, if they really weren't aware of it till 3 days ago i'm completely shocked. Thats insanely bad work. Is it good that they finally publicly acknowledged it? Yeah. But it is a huge concern if it really took that long

I have to admit i'm not reading the forums on a consistent basis, yeah. So i might not know every statement here. But it was meatheads statement 3 days ago that he will bring it to the appropriate team. So yeah, i'm implying here that they were either not aware of it or ignoring it on purpose. Both would be disastrous.

We aren't talking about a small bug here. We are talking about a major issue affecting the whole player base as it is a foundation for the whole ingame economy. This is an issue that needs to be adressed asap. And yeah, if they really weren't aware of it till 3 days ago i'm completely shocked. Thats insanely bad work. Is it good that they finally publicly acknowledged it? Yeah. But it is a huge concern if it really took that long

As often as it comes up here on the forums, and as much research and data gathering that's been done by the community - there's literally no way that they wouldn't know about it, even if Ultra hadn't already put it in front of them. It's not unusual to get radio silence and crickets from CG on an issue (even major issues) until they have all their ducks in a row.

We know that someone on the forums says they told them.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    How do we know they know?

We know that someone on the forums says they told them.

You don't believe Ultra?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    This is from Taliana's february squish post, so they definitely already know about it
    @Lumiya
    Did he say something else? Are they looking into it?

yes, they are looking into it. They've contacted us at 50ShardsOfKAM. They've specifically invited us to comment on mathematical techniques that would be better at accomplishing what they intend. Fortunately we have a couple professors and one person with experience in mathematical topology, so we're not a dumb group, but

1) It's hard for us to know (and by "us" I mean "people at 50SoK who aren't me since I'm not the math expert) exactly what would be better since we're not entirely sure of their goals,

and
    2) Even if Tatiana or someone else comes up with a better mathematical transform, there's no guarantee that CG will think it's as good as we think it is.

So communication is happening. They're thinking at their end. Tatiana and other math experts are thinking at their end. What will happen? Who knows! But it's interesting for me to have a front row seat during mathematics debates I'm a couple semesters shy of understanding.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Darthjobbie
    363 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Squish the top. Sqish them all down to their boring little farmed teams.

The problem with this game is that gp matters little. Boost all the weak characters so we can have hundreds of counters to every team, so that every toon has a real use.

But hey, no, the game brings zetas, people complain, game brings omicrons, players complain, gear economy asked for, people complain...so on and so on till datacrons renders most of previous useless, people complain.

Skill squish? It will forever continue,maybe in a different name, different format but they need those at the top to spend that patreon and crystal income. Get real.
  • shanegoseman
    10 posts Member
    edited May 2023

:'( ~ one month later ... the team still doesn´t give u an answear ?
  • zatchy
    123 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    I just want to know why they have Kyber 1 - 1,000+ rewards bracket? There can’t be 1,000 Kyber 1 left anymore. There were like 5k to start.

FWIW I’m currently in the top 125, and I’m 3 skill squish away from relegation. It’s just not possible to stay Kyber 1 with their current format, long term.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

I'm surprised you expected an answer.
  • StarSon wrote: »

I'm surprised you expected an answer.

"It's the belief in the good and not the fact that we have been deceived from the beginning regarding this topic that gave me hope for an answer.

But the fact that there are no statements from the developers only leads to one conclusion. The whole system is working as intended. It was the goal from the beginning to shrink Kyber 1 and only allow a minimal player base to achieve the "maximum income". Just say whether it's working as intended or not and don't stay silent about it. It's just not right!
This discussion has been closed.