New Raids & Cheating

How are you going to monitor cheating when the new raid system goes live?
I can see a situation developing where guilds choose to ignore inflated damage numbers from hacking because it benefits the guild as a whole.

Replies

  • StarSon
    7483 posts Member
    Options
    You mean like happens with every new raid launch ever?
  • Eyo
    34 posts Member
    Options
    But it's CG who cheated with the raid.
  • Options
    Putting a cap on the damage a single person can do already limits how effective cheating will be for this raid.

    You would need everyone to be cheating for it to do anything significant.
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    Options
    You mean like posting 1.2 million damage with five gear 1 Jawas?
  • crzydroid
    7364 posts Moderator
    edited May 2023
    Options
    lucaefor wrote: »
    You mean like posting 1.2 million damage with five gear 1 Jawas?

    That can't happen with Krayt. The cap for modifier 0 is 300,000. They could hit 1.5 with all 5 attempts, but a again, that's so little damage, it wouldn't affect the guild as a whole. There has been a crackdown with cheating detection and bands recently, however.
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    Options
    I think you missed the point about the cheating part
  • crzydroid
    7364 posts Moderator
    Options
    lucaefor wrote: »
    I think you missed the point about the cheating part

    I think you missed the point where the damage cap means everyone would have to cheat for it to matter. So it's no incentive for folks to tolerate cheaters anymore than they already do.

    Again, we've also seen evidence that CG has stepped up their cheating detection game.
  • Options
    lol it's not like I can win an argument with a moderator so I'll just bow out
  • TVF
    36683 posts Member
    Options
    lucaefor wrote: »
    lol it's not like I can win an argument with a moderator so I'll just bow out

    You can if the facts are on your side and you're discussing the game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    lucaefor wrote: »
    lol it's not like I can win an argument with a moderator so I'll just bow out

    You can if the facts are on your side and you're discussing the game.

    Hence bowing out
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
Sign In or Register to comment.