RSS feeds

AlysheDoneeta
5 posts Member
edited April 2023
Hello,

I am looking to integrate the RSS feeds into our Discord server. It had been working correctly up until March 30th. The last update was the conquest pass survey. It looks like the rss feed file itself is out of date and doesn't reflect the forum updates in Dev announcements and news and Games Updates. (These are the main forums I am trying to reference)

Replies

• I’m having this issue too. If anyone has the updated links that are working, please share them. The RSS feeds I had previously setup on my guild discord server stopped updating after March 30th too
  • Upgrayedd_VIII
    265 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead: can we please get the updated RSS Feed links so we can keep news and updates appearing on all our discord servers? Thanks! 🍻

For reference, these are the two RSS links I have setup on my discord server. I’ve run both of them through an RSS Reader app and both show the last update to the RSS Feeds was March 29. They worked flawlessly for 4-5 years until March 29, 2023. As of March 30th, no new update have shown on the rss feeds (see links and pictures below).

News & Announcements: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/news-and-announcements-/feed.rss
    q1vylgv9t0yv.jpeg

Game Updates: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/game-updates/feed.rss
    am2g2l8medmp.jpeg

Post edited by Upgrayedd_VIII on
  • I'm experiencing the same issue on my Discord servers. The RSS feeds have not been working properly since the end of March. Any help would be much appreciated!
  • Upgrayedd_VIII
    265 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead : is there a reason the RSS Feeds for Game Updates and Developer Announcement & News has stopped updating after March 29th? Many of us Guild Officers and Discord Admins have those RSS Feeds automatically posted to our guild discord servers so everyone is aware of what’s new. It would be very helpful to have these feeds updating again. Thanks!

Upgrayedd_VIII
  • Here’s a temporary workaround, but it involves joining the swgoh events discord server and having their updates/news channels post to your own discord.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/12pljzo/swgoh_forum_rss_feed_broken/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=2&utm_term=1
  • Good find. Although it would be nice to find out how they are getting the info through to their channel. A manual setup or something more technical?
  • Having a look through the forums it seems it is only the Dev Announcements and Game Updates rss feeds that are having an issue. I can see that this section of the forum has this post in the rss feed. Can this be looked at please? As handy as it is to have another discord server get a connection and feed through, they must be getting the data a different way from using rss feeds.
  • sigsig
    234 posts Member
    So I believe what happened is they updated their forum software and it changed the RSS feed.. It's not technically broken, it just doesn't display posts that are tagged as Announcements. Which is why you see some posts but not others.

My bot is custom so I was able to work around it. Instead of using the rss feed you can change the extension to json and get json for the posts. I suspect if you're not using a custom script, this may not help a ton. I think most people are using something like zapier which might be harder to work with json. Also, the json keys are split between announcements posts and regular posts, so you have to check both places, or you are relying on CG to always tag their posts the same way, which I doubt will happen (at least not consistently).
  • Thanks very much for the reply and information @sigsig! 🍻
  • AlysheDoneeta
    5 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Thanks @sigsig As above that is handy info. I'll give that a go sometime over the weekend. Hopefully will have some time for it. Had a quick look at the JSON and seems to be ok to get hold of the info. I use Pipedream to drop into Discord. We'll see.
  • I managed to tweak it. Found a website that creates an RSS feed based on CSS. Used that as the source and chucked it into Pipedream. Now works in time for the Saw kit reveal.
  • I managed to tweak it. Found a website that creates an RSS feed based on CSS. Used that as the source and chucked it into Pipedream. Now works in time for the Saw kit reveal.

Can you please share a link here or message me the website you used? 🍻
  • So it would seem the RSS feeds are now fixed!