Free Player best Squad

As a free player I am struggling to get Dengar to 7*. Even struggling to get Bossk to 7*. What would be the best squad for free players (aside from having Bossk and Dengar)?

Replies

• The only thing spending money gives you is quicker progress. If you put in the time then the best squad for free is just the same as best squad for pay to play (or any gradation between free and whale). Pick a Galactic Legend and farm the characters to get it. That will give you some good squads.
  • Right now I have CLS at G12. Really close to getting gear 13 and then working on relic. Close to unlocking both 3PO, Chewie, and Han (from raids).
  • As a free player I am struggling to get Dengar to 7*. Even struggling to get Bossk to 7*. What would be the best squad for free players (aside from having Bossk and Dengar)?

Bossk is just a rough one I’m afraid. There’s no getting around the fact that he is basically necessary, and therefore just a long grind. He’s worth it though - both him as a character and his ship are amazing.

Dengar however, you can play around with. I’m presuming you’ve read a lot of old guides that claim you need him unequivocally to counter R2’s stealth mechanic in the fight, and while that was true when the event released, it was also before Greef and Mando were added to the game.

Greef and Mando are both very good, and replace Dengar and whoever your fifth is who’s likely wasting space anyways, be it Cad, IG or even Zam at that level. Greef is a weird sort of support BH who does what Dengar does but better, getting everyone their payout quicker and keeping everyone up and well, and Mando’s disintegration he gains from his payout is immense. Shutting down one of them instantly is godlike.

This all to say, I would still farm Dengar - you’ll need him later. But for the actual event, I’d take Greef and Mando if they’re more readily available to you. They’re needed for Beskar Mando, Razorcrest and therefore Executor in the future anyways
  • Blubcop
    353 posts Member
    Hunter4721 wrote: »
    As a free player I am struggling to get Dengar to 7*. Even struggling to get Bossk to 7*. What would be the best squad for free players (aside from having Bossk and Dengar)?

Dengar however, you can play around with. I’m presuming you’ve read a lot of old guides that claim you need him unequivocally to counter R2’s stealth mechanic in the fight, and while that was true when the event released, it was also before Greef and Mando were added to the game.
    It wasn't even true when the event was released. Without him you just needed more luck or gear.