Expanded Chat/Guild Data + Strategy

Hey CG,

As an officer and a player, feedback for the in game chat:

1.A guild like mine (Over 200m GP) doesn’t want to find communication resources outside game (ie discord). The chat is generally fine.

The improvements suggested would be an expanded chat feature that allows guilds to upload (type, explain or however else makes sense) current guild guidelines, guild TB and TW strategies, and Guild Long term goals.

Of course strategies and things are available in some sense in the commands sections of TB and TW. However it would be informative and useful to have a place guild members could go to read through the overview of say the current TB strategy for a given TB
(I.e. phase 1, 1 star goal mixed path, fill platoons in dark a light side etc…).

It would be neat to have a place for guilds to park their intellectual knowledge of sorts. It would help build unity between members, and it would be a place that over time, and with consideration, members could gain a sense of culture and pride for the guild they helped create.

Thanks
DarthRyløn

Replies

• TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    I'll never understand why people don't want to use discord.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I'll never understand why people don't want to use discord.
    I’ll never understand why people want the game to have the features Discord already has. The game can struggle enough as it is without all the additional processor power this would need.

If the game chat is fine, it’s fine. If a guild feels it needs all these additional features - use Discord.
  • Options
    DarthRyln wrote: »
    Hey CG,

As an officer and a player, feedback for the in game chat:

1.A guild like mine (Over 200m GP) doesn’t want to find communication resources outside game (ie discord). The chat is generally fine.

The improvements suggested would be an expanded chat feature that allows guilds to upload (type, explain or however else makes sense) current guild guidelines, guild TB and TW strategies, and Guild Long term goals.

Of course strategies and things are available in some sense in the commands sections of TB and TW. However it would be informative and useful to have a place guild members could go to read through the overview of say the current TB strategy for a given TB
    (I.e. phase 1, 1 star goal mixed path, fill platoons in dark a light side etc…).

It would be neat to have a place for guilds to park their intellectual knowledge of sorts. It would help build unity between members, and it would be a place that over time, and with consideration, members could gain a sense of culture and pride for the guild they helped create.

Thanks
    DarthRyløn

I've been in the same guild since it was 120M (currently 360M), and we've used Discord the entire time. It is infinitely easier to use tools outside of the game designed on platforms for their purpose than to add any other functionality to a mobile game. This dynamic has been around since the early WoW days with Vent.

There's already enough updates for hotfixes and bugs; there's no reason to add more complexity on the platform.