Territory War abuse? Unbalanced? Please Advise

FenderMan
10 posts Member
edited April 2023
My guild is currently facing an impossible matchup in Territory War.

They have someone with 5.4 M GP Who has Over 60 G13.
That person has Jedi Master Luke and Kenobi both Relic 8 and many more Relic 7.

My entire guild has 34 G13 Characters split across 10 people with out best at Relic 5. None of us has any GL.

Even if we put all of our forces together, we can't even defeat a single one of his top 5 teams.

Therefore the TW goes like this:
He puts 1 maxed team on each of their first territory. We can't get past that.
Then he goes and burst through our best defense with the rest of his roosters.
The rest of his guild can just clear the rest.

I can't fathom how this can be a viable matchmaking.

This has happened in half of our TW since I joined my current Guild a few months back. In all of our wars, we had a single victory against a much weaker guild, which also made no sense.

I mean why even try to battle at this point?

My suggestion is to considered in the matchmaking equation only the top 20 characters of everyones rooster instead of using purely GP. Othertwise this unbalanced matchmaking will keep occurring.

Another suggestion:
Possibly deny guilds to participate if they have too big of a skill gap. Like that player would need to leave the TW for the matchmaking to proceed. I see this feature act like the minimum requirement. When the player joins, the TW Event goes red saying skill gap too vast.

What are your thoughts?

I can provide more details on my current matchmaking If you'd like.

EDIT: For more context, We are in the 40M-49M Bracket with 29 people joining on our side.

Replies

• Options
    Your entire guild can't beat one guy? And you want to penailize that guy for being good at the game and deny him rewards?
  • Options
    That one guy should not be in a guild where he can abuse the system to get easy wins.
    He should move up and go into a bracket that fits his Rooster.
  • Options
    1) they don’t use purely GP

2) the top 20 of everyone’s rooster is completely inappropriate for guilds where all members have 160+ relic characters.
  • Options
    1) they don’t use purely GP

2) the top 20 of everyone’s rooster is completely inappropriate for guilds where all members have 160+ relic characters.

I understand that the same logic doesn't apply to all power brackets.

This is not an issue when you reach a certain point and get a few teams of G13.
    Relics are a big gap between G12. It's similar to G7-8 vs G12 Battles.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    FenderMan wrote: »
    That one guy should not be in a guild where he can abuse the system to get easy wins.
    He should move up and go into a bracket that fits his Rooster.

Maybe he is playing with a bunch of his friends?.... We shouldn't be dictating who joins what guild based on wanting to win at TW....