Conquest - Reduced shards for secondary character

Prev1
ChuMuc
40 posts Member
In the past, the conquest pass gave out 30 shard for the secondary character, but in this one, you only get 29 trench shards, leaving some people 1 shard short of unlocking him.
@CG: Is this intended, as you said you were only changing positions and not the rewards of the pass.

Replies

• Options
    Wasn't it always 20 shards? This time I can see it's 19
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    tumblr_p88egahO2u1rawb5do7_250.gif
  • Winterwolves
    1728 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Decided I don't really have the info to comment.
  • Winterwolves
    1728 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
  • Options
    JackedJedi wrote: »

It's still 20.
  • Options
    It is about trench shards, not fury shards. Fury shards is 20 as always
  • Options

It's still 20.

Trench is 19
  • Options
    Yeah, I misread the original post when I replied. It probably is an error on CGs part.
  • ChuMuc
    40 posts Member
    Options

It's still 20.

Trench is 19

Trench is 29
  • Jed_Eye
    176 posts Member
    Options
    ChuMuc wrote: »

It's still 20.

Trench is 19

Trench is 29

??????

dm0jkxiq8bvn.png
  • Jed_Eye
    176 posts Member
    Options
    Jed_Eye wrote: »

It's still 20.

Trench is 19

Trench is 29

??????
    Nvm. You are talking the dumb pass
  • Options

It's still 20.

Trench is 19

Trench is 29

Trench is 19 from the conquest pass. #3 on the pass track gives 1 shards (instead of 2), the rest gives 2

ay7swwbqs3ep.jpg
  • Options
    Kind of reaching a new low when you are complaining about 1 shard.....
  • Options
    Im undecided on this as no matter what CG do (and no im no fan of CG) they have changed the initial rewards and i got a survey in terms of quality of rewards in conquest si hopefully might change.
  • Drathuk916
    631 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Kind of reaching a new low when you are complaining about 1 shard.....

I dunno. Seems very likely the op could have counted on 20 shards from the pass, 20 shards from conquest currency plus crate reward to unlock trench this month. It also doesn’t matter if the op actually can purchase more shards to make up for cgs error because one it’s an error and two 475 conquest currency is a lot to pay for 1 shard and 120 shard currency. But hey yeah it’s really annoying and low for players to point out cgs mistakes that are easily fixable and should be fixed
  • ChuMuc
    40 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I have trench (got red box every conquest so far), it is for a guild mate that was missing 60 before. He bought the pass that should have given 30 (10 on first node and then 10 time 2 shards for 30 total) but only gave 29. And in the past it gave 30 shards. So he will have 329 after monday.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm in the same situation, I won't be able to unlock him because I will have 329 shards. And since he already is required it is really unfair to be robbed of this even if it is only one shard
  • Options
    I keep wondering why are there so many people on this forum that feel the need to belittle you when you ask for your rights (rights that I have even paid for as a customer).
  • Options
    I keep wondering why are there so many people on this forum that feel the need to belittle you when you ask for your rights (rights that I have even paid for as a customer).

So - I'd be a bit salty too if I were in your shoes. That being said, the conquest pass reward track was visible before your bought the pass - if you'd have counted, you would know that you'd be one shard short. I made the same assumption you did about the amount of shards and I'd be really annoyed if I were in your position - but there was an assumption made. For what its worth, I really hope CG sends everyone that bought the pass one trench shard. I think it's possible they might do that considering their recent focus on making the conquest pass more appealing - seems like this was an oversight on their part. I guess we'll see what happens next week.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Has anyone submitted a bug report on this one? It would be interesting to see what EA help say on the matter. This seems like a pretty obvious mistake, someone probably just didn't count correctly when adding up the total trench shards going in after the reshuffle, especially if it's one less than previous passes.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Has anyone submitted a bug report on this one? It would be interesting to see what EA help say on the matter. This seems like a pretty obvious mistake, someone probably just didn't count correctly when adding up the total trench shards going in after the reshuffle, especially if it's one less than previous passes.

Technically you got exactly what you paid for since like I said, the reward track is visible before purchase. So it's not a bug. Very probably a mistake - but definitely not a bug.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm in the same situation, I won't be able to unlock him because I will have 329 shards. And since he already is required it is really unfair to be robbed of this even if it is only one shard

What am I missing? Where is he already required? I’m expecting him to be a requirement for something but I haven’t seen any announcements yet that he is.
  • Options
    ragnoris wrote: »

What am I missing? Where is he already required? I’m expecting him to be a requirement for something but I haven’t seen any announcements yet that he is.

Needed for a feat in conquest.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options

Probably its about conquest, last sector boss feat
    Though you can skip it and still get red crate so it is not a very big requirement
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

I don't think anyone is "belittling" anyone, sometimes people have differences of opinion, that's all.... Usually that is welcome on a discussion forum...

I don't think you were "robbed" as a paying customer either, everything on the conquest pass rewards track is visible at time of purchase, so you got exactly what was advertised... That being said, this is likely a mistake on CG's part and they will probably issue every pass purchaser the extra shard...

On another note, what do you think Trench is required for? AFAIK he isn't a requirement for anything except himself....
  • Options

Needed for a feat in conquest.

Thanks. I completely forgot about that.
  • Options

Technically you got exactly what you paid for since like I said, the reward track is visible before purchase. So it's not a bug. Very probably a mistake - but definitely not a bug.

This is true, but I can see there would be players who've always bought the pass who would then expect the same number of shards for the secondary character as in the past (I've never bought the pass and didn't this time either FWIW). And while they should have checked the rewards and seen that there was one less shard than previously there was no information on a decreasing number of shards when they announced the rearrangement of the pass rewards path. If a bug or not there should have been an official comment on this by now, and possibly registering it as a bug is the best way to go about doing so.

At the end of the day it would take a minute or two to announce that they are either doing nothing or something, and that is definitely missing.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Very easily skippable so not required
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

This is true, but I can see there would be players who've always bought the pass who would then expect the same number of shards for the secondary character as in the past (I've never bought the pass and didn't this time either FWIW). And while they should have checked the rewards and seen that there was one less shard than previously there was no information on a decreasing number of shards when they announced the rearrangement of the pass rewards path. If a bug or not there should have been an official comment on this by now, and possibly registering it as a bug is the best way to go about doing so.

At the end of the day it would take a minute or two to announce that they are either doing nothing or something, and that is definitely missing.

Well, considering conquest has been going on for 13 days and this is the first time I have seen it posted here I think it may be safe to assume that CG doesn't know about it.... As you said, report it as a bug and they will likely hand out the free shard... It's Sunday and this was reoprted yesterday (Saturday), they are off for the weekend right now...
  • Options
    Not the first time this has happened. Same thing with one of the reward tracks that had TIE Interceptor.